Illegal Occupied Escape Pods?

Why would Occupied Escape Pods ever be illegal? Notice the status of "Illegal Salvage" on the left info panel.

IllegalOccupiedEscapePods.jpg

The full video. The Illegal Occupied Escape Pods start @ 18:17 minute.

Source: https://youtu.be/Pzzb6Yutz7Y

The commander who dumped it has not yet relinquished 'ownership' of it.
Edge case, three caskets two viable,one damaged.if you only have room for two,which two?You can always come back for the third.

Why would Occupied Escape Pods ever be illegal? Notice the status of "Illegal Salvage" on the left info panel.

View attachment 166804

The full video. The Illegal Occupied Escape Pods start @ 18:17 minute.

Source: https://youtu.be/Pzzb6Yutz7Y

Think about it as you are not contracted to collect these.

This will bring us to why cannot we get contracted to collect these? like having missions, a "salvage" license for faction, power etc.
This is not the only mechanic in the game that could have more things added to it to make it more complete.

Because the game and BGS were obviously designed by people who didn't communicate properly with each other while things were being developed.

Couple of years ago (or whenever the T10 first came out), I found some of these on a planet in a remote system en-route to Colonia. Forgot they were illegal when I arrived at Colonia, tired and confused ..... needless to say, I was attacked by a NPC ... fortunately I was in a T-10 which withstood a lot of damage and had a SLF on board that helped me escape ... eventually got through the Jacques slot with less than 10% hull remaining :rolleyes: Lesson learned !

Couple of years ago, I found some of these on a planet in a remote system en-route to Colonia. Forgot they were illegal when I arrived at Colonia, tired and confused ..... needless to say, I was attacked by a NPC ... fortunately I was in a T-10 which withstood a lot of damage and had a SLF on board that helped me escape ... eventually got through the Jacques slot with less than 10% hull remaining :rolleyes: Lesson learned !

I have picked them up too (long time ago now) but noticed before I needed to dock & left them for a parked system security ship to 'recover' :)

06GJ1Qo.png

If I find an occupied escape pod I must attempt rescue. That doesn't have to be taking them to a station but it does mean any ship I use that is likely to find one needs to have some cargo space, and I will dump cargo to make room if needed. The game gets boring pretty quickly without little personal rules like this I think.

You are stealing from a crime scene.
  • crime scene / prison break / corporation wants answers why their ship crashed
  • escape pods from a military ship, you could be freeing 'would be' POWs
  • rescue teams already dispatched, essentially your non hospital ship puts them at risk
they might be innocent and the controlling faction doesn't want interference, but other systems don't want trouble so the "stolen" status is respected. Know your jurisdiction, make educated decisions on who is in the 'right'

Alternative answer, given that those crash sites often contain Nerve Gas and other contraband - they're pirates/smugglers, so by transporting them you're effectively aiding the escape of a criminal.
Not the right answer, of course, which is 'someone just made it do that'.

Top Bottom