I'm become sleepy while playing

I'm very confused, for about few months when I start play ED, after 15-20mins I'm getting very sleepy. When I stop play I'm not sleepy. The funnies part is, that this happens to me when I play ED only. No other games cause such a feeling on me. Anyone else noticed such a behaviour?

After 150 or so hyperspace jumps I start nodding off. Thankfully, the arrival at the star normally wakes me up as it can be quite bright in VR. I haven't nodded off on a jump to a dim star... That would be unfortunate.

That's one of the symptoms of space madness, I think.

What were the other symptoms?

I don't know, why are you asking me?

I wasn't asking you, it was rhetorical.

Would you two stop it already, you're both space-mad, and at least two of us are imaginary.

I'd imagine it's the deep rumble of your FSD in supercruise.

Tends to make me a bit noddy if I'm tired.

I have the same issue with low voices in TV shows. Sends me right to sleep, regardless of tin of day. Lol

I'm very confused, for about few months when I start play ED, after 15-20mins I'm getting very sleepy. When I stop play I'm not sleepy. The funnies part is, that this happens to me when I play ED only. No other games cause such a feeling on me. Anyone else noticed such a behaviour?
It depends what you are doing ... combat should wake you up, but for much of the time travelling, you are looking at a relatively small portion of the screen, with everything moving past your peripheral vision. That could be what is doing it. But, I'm not a doctor 🤷‍♂️

When I was giving a demo of the game to a friend of mine, he was falling asleep, even though he was really interested in the game and wasn’t actually tired!

He said it was the orange display, the darkness of space, and the soothing sounds of the hyperspace jumps that lulled him off. I wasn’t doing any combat at the time, as I was utterly crap at it back then - I imagine that might have kept him awake a bit more effectively :)

I use to do Robigo runs and I would wake up on the keyboard plenty of times on the jumps back. Destroyed and missions failed lol. Something about non stop jumping just took it out of me.

It usually happens to me whenever I'm reading, especially long rambling wordy posts with bad grammar and no punctuation :mad:. That back and forth with these old eyes, tiring, much like chewing food... so much effort... very tiring. Zzzzzzzzzzz :sleep:

Could be all the warm colors. You could try listening to some of your own music while playing, maybe try playing standing up as well

Ever since December 2014. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom