I'm become sleepy while playing

I'm very confused, for about few months when I start play ED, after 15-20mins I'm getting very sleepy. When I stop play I'm not sleepy. The funnies part is, that this happens to me when I play ED only. No other games cause such a feeling on me. Anyone else noticed such a behaviour?
I looked up "computer narcolepsy" (I've heard of this condition) but nothing specific on Google. I've actually had this happen to me, but it depends on when I play and how often.

I'm semi-retired so my normal "off-days" routine is get up around 6:30-7 AM, breakfast, bathroom stuff, then go get coffee. I get home, play from around 9:30 am-ish to around 12 or 1 PM, then quit for the day. One the 4 days that I work, I don't log in at all, preventing "game burnout".

Now, if I'm working a PP project (fortify this or that place), eventually I get sleepy. Doing the same thing over and over can have a hypnotic effect on you. Hell, driving a car for 4 hours can do that as well (which is why they have rest-stops along the way, stop, shake the cobwebs out of your head).

Point is, if you are getting sleepy, your brain needs to process something. It's why we sleep (brain re-wiring stuff). If, as you say, you aren't sleepy once you get up from the computer you're experiencing burnout. Leave it (and all games) alone for a few days. Eventually you'll WANT to enjoy it again.

Ever see those desks that extend up so you have to stand up instead of sit on a chair at the desk? Try one of those. Notice the difference in energy if you're standing instead of sitting? Yeah, that.

And this may help:

Last edited:
I'm very confused, for about few months when I start play ED, after 15-20mins I'm getting very sleepy. When I stop play I'm not sleepy. The funnies part is, that this happens to me when I play ED only. No other games cause such a feeling on me. Anyone else noticed such a behaviour?
This game? All the time.

Back in the day when for Trade Elite you had to do actual trading I literally fell asleep in supercruise just to find that my T9 missed its destination by at least a light year when I woke up... And I'm not even THAT old...

Well mostly I explore, so jump fly scan > jump fly scan :D I play at night (yea you will laugh and say that this is a reason) usually from 11pm-1am, it's mine game time, but not every day and as I said other games (mostly action ones like PoE MGSV) not makes me sleepy at all. Maybe some of you are right, colors of UI or staring at not many points while I explore rather than combat or doing missions coud be a reason... or simply ED hipnotize me! :ROFLMAO:

What are you doing in game. May I suggest you have a pen and paper and write down your goals for your session. Also put your radio on or music. By itself the game has some hypnotic qualities that often make me feel sleepy. I add music and paper and pen to write down goals n tick them off as you go

I just got to what many would consider my "end game" in ED. I'm available. Still many other places in ED I haven't done yet.
From one 2014 commander to another....Congrats on your combat Elite... I didn't make your post before you closed it..lol

If I'm feeling sleepy I cannot play this game unless I'm in a voice party with someone, else I will fall asleep and crash into a star. However if I ABSOLUTELY need to do something in game I will enable SC assist when I feel sleepy, at least that way if I forget to throttle down my ship will do it for me and I won't get toasted :)

not specifically, it has happened to me in many games, i think it's just a matter of lifestyle, i sometimes stretch it a bit, plus i'm getting older.

but i guess of course the game pace can make a difference. it's easier to fall asleep on the highway than on a twisted mountain road. if you're doing lots of jumps or anything very repetitive it's not going to help in keeping you awake, specially not after some good food with a glass of wine and a good smoke ... then again i remember falling asleep in a cz in the old crazy times, and survive, more than once.

maybe you just need a bit more rest overall, and your elite sessions are just the lullaby your brain is sensible to.

Top Bottom