I'm done or "So long and thanks for all the fish."

I am done playing Elite until such a time as Frontier can pull their collective head outta ____ and finally put the QUALITY back into QA.

Now I'm not making this post to tear them down or pick a fight with the white knights and fan boys. This is so that in the unlikely event that some fellow Cmdrs here or on my XB1 friends list should start to wonder why they don't see me around here or in game as much they will know what is going on.

And before you ask, NO YOU CAN'T HAVE MY STUFF. I have over 6000 hours of playing through or around bugs and I don't mean Thargoids to get that stuff. You will just have to do the same.

But I thought PS4 was the platform that had all the bugs! Why else would everyone tell me to buy an XBox One X to fix my ED experience?
It might improve things (only slightly) but the only way for our experiences to be truly fixed is for Frontier to stop phoning it in.

The straw that broke the camel's back is a combination of the April update and its issues are well documented and are all cross platform and the still present and unaddressed BGS fiasco created back in December also affecting all platforms.

But I thought PS4 was the platform that had all the bugs! Why else would everyone tell me to buy an XBox One X to fix my ED experience?
Xbox One X is the best console version of the game but it's very far from perfect, especially after the April Update. Performance took a huge hit. So no, don't buy an Xbox, overall you're much better off with PS4.

Xbox One X is the best console version of the game but it's very far from perfect, especially after the April Update. Performance took a huge hit. So no, don't buy an Xbox, overall you're much better off with PS4.
Better off with a PS4? In what universe? Definitely not in this one. I suspect you mean when you only have a PS4 then don't bother with the Xbox One X? They in general both share the same performance issues and troubles. If you're into graphic quality and 4K then Xbox One X. I have both and no way am I going back to the PS4 Pro. The difference in text sharpness alone. It now just looks ugly on the PS4 Pro to me. So if you have both consoles it's a no brainer. But it's not worth buying an Xbox One X just for ED alone. Consoles get the worst treatment from Frontier. So unless someone enjoys the bug features that come with it it's a no go to me.

Sorry to hear that, but I can understand.
Thank you for everything for now. I hope we'll hear from you again.
Another major loss for the team.
The best time was out in the Colonies and the last few month were a thrilling ride. We wouldn't be where we are now without your commitment.
Thanks for everything.
o7 Cmdr

Better off with a PS4? In what universe? Definitely not in this one. I suspect you mean when you only have a PS4 then don't bother with the Xbox One X? They in general both share the same performance issues and troubles. If you're into graphic quality and 4K then Xbox One X. I have both and no way am I going back to the PS4 Pro. The difference in text sharpness alone. It now just looks ugly on the PS4 Pro to me. So if you have both consoles it's a no brainer. But it's not worth buying an Xbox One X just for ED alone. Consoles get the worst treatment from Frontier. So unless someone enjoys the bug features that come with it it's a no go to me.
I meant in general, not relation to Elite. Many more games, more varied game catalog, bigger installed base, more and better exclusive experiences etc. As for Elite, it's more or less the same on both platforms but it's also not different enough to warrant a change (in any direction) in my opinion.

I am done playing Elite until such a time as Frontier can pull their collective head outta ____ and finally put the QUALITY back into QA.

Now I'm not making this post to tear them down or pick a fight with the white knights and fan boys. This is so that in the unlikely event that some fellow Cmdrs here or on my XB1 friends list should start to wonder why they don't see me around here or in game as much they will know what is going on.

And before you ask, NO YOU CAN'T HAVE MY STUFF. I have over 6000 hours of playing through or around bugs and I don't mean Thargoids to get that stuff. You will just have to do the same.
Fare thee well, SW. Don't be a stranger, sir. o7

I can't take issue with much at all posted on this thread at the time of writing. I've certainly had my moneys worth with ED, nice fleet, billions of creds, triple elite & what not. There wasn't much else left to do, so I built a deep explorer and have headed off out into the black n'er to be seen again. Other than perhaps weddings, bar mitzvah's and funerals.

Following the "no more new content" for some time announcement. It seem to me at least, when combined with the hit and miss April update. FD have added the finishing cosmetic touches to ED as a retail-able project.

IMHO, It's becoming more of a genuine prospect that any further "really wild and exciting new stuff" will be forthcoming on a next gen reincarnation of the ED project. There maybe a 10 year development plan or whatever. But on which platform isn't made clear.

There's also the project zoo announcement which at this stage is targeted at the PC only side. Once that has settled it may get a console version? Unless there is a landing dock and mats available for SRV replens it's not really ED relevant. But, the point of mentioning it is: will it draw resource from ED onto other projects?

I recently bought the dinosaur thing as it wasn't at daft inflated prices anymore. Had a quick tinker around with it. FD have their fingers in many pies. I still don't fully understand why ED needed a kick-started backing when FD were already an established production company? The 360's kinect peripheral had kinectimals. This was a launch title, for example. Glad I didn't shell out for an ED LEP!

All will become clear in the fullness of time I suppose, and I'm hoping that FD prove me wrong. In my time posting here I've seen several regulars come and go. I'm not going to put up with it for much longer either... There are other titles out there.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that TC. I haven’t played ED in several months, I’m currently absorbed in all kinds of RPGs after my last ED burnout in December. I’ve been considering turning it on again but maybe I’ll wait a bit longer for patches.

I'm pretty much in the same boat atm as is half my friends list.
Love the game but it's close to unplayable since the upgrade.
If they could leave off adding new stuff until they fixed the existing features it would help a lot..
Most of the people I brought into the ED universe left ages ago for these reasons. Some things never change. :confused:

Right now, for me, it's only the fps which is giving me grief, and I can just about muddle through it. I've put up with much worse before... (original-recipe Blighttown says 'hi')

If there was any direct competition for Elite on Xbox, then I might be more inclined to stop playing until it was suitably 'fixed'. But there isn't, so I'll always return to the game in between others (AC:Odyssey was a surprisingly great distraction and Elite palette cleanser, ditto the masterful and bleakly intelligent existential-horror of SOMA).

Can't say much to that except Amen...you're a sad loss though mate.

I fired up the PC version after the update...not as many issues as you guys on Xbox/PS4...but I kept trying to get out of my seat or open the SRV door to walk about. I'm a bit spoiled by another space title in persistent development to go back to being bolted down any longer, it's a small thing really...but a really big issue at the same time.

I'll wait and see what occurs at the end of next year with E-D, but I'm not hopeful...certainly not inspired by the complete and utter secrecy nonsense :(

Last edited:
Right now, for me, it's only the fps which is giving me grief, and I can just about muddle through it. I've put up with much worse before... (original-recipe Blighttown says 'hi')

If there was any direct competition for Elite on Xbox, then I might be more inclined to stop playing until it was suitably 'fixed'. But there isn't, so I'll always return to the game in between others (AC:Odyssey was a surprisingly great distraction and Elite palette cleanser, ditto the masterful and bleakly intelligent existential-horror of SOMA).
I "solved" the performance problem by going exploring again. I like doing it and at least I have no framerate problems. Hopefully Frontier will fix it by the time I get back. 🤞

DDastardly00

D
Other than the restock bug, I really haven't noticed any of the issues other players are experiencing. My game is functioning normal for the part, I had a few glitches mining where the detonation graph didn't appear, but nothing a game reload didn't solve.

I "solved" the performance problem by going exploring again. I like doing it and at least I have no framerate problems. Hopefully Frontier will fix it by the time I get back. 🤞
Given I only recently got back from a trip to the edge of the core and then Colonia (to get my name on a bunch of ELW's, water worlds, etc that I'd discovered but wanted to also get the surface mapping tag for) - which I originally started last year - there's not a chance in hell I'll head out again so soon. ; -)

I'm mostly trying to finally rank up to rear admiral (70% post captain at the moment), so I obviously need to be in and out of stations on a regular basis, which means I'm seeing the very worst of the performance issues.

Ever since getting the game it was the plan to visit A* for the first time in the best and priciest ship my character could own, which means the Corvette. Maybe the performance issues will be fixed before I hit rear admiral, but if not I'll certainly be enjoying the respite as I head out to A*.

Top Bottom