I'm done or "So long and thanks for all the fish."

This latest round of bugs isn't in the game per se,Networking is causing it imo. The decision to adopt the online only model carries its own penalty.It's likely things will settle down.It's not as if we haven't been here before.

Other than the restock bug, I really haven't noticed any of the issues other players are experiencing. My game is functioning normal for the part, I had a few glitches mining where the detonation graph didn't appear, but nothing a game reload didn't solve.
Me too. Apart from restock bug and controller rumble increase all is good. Fairly new to the game and absolutely loving it. Startup screen looks better since update too.

This latest round of bugs isn't in the game per se,Networking is causing it imo. The decision to adopt the online only model carries its own penalty.It's likely things will settle down.It's not as if we haven't been here before.
In my experience we've never left the place and it's only getting worse.

Feel the same way OP. Havent played since i got a look at the FSS after the last update and i reckon if they were going to fix it anytime soon they would have said something.

You leaving makes Flimley a sad panda.
One of my oldest forum friends from long ago.
Flimley
First, Hooray for Flimley \o/.

I didn't plan on completely leaving the forums but I figured in time I'd have less to talk about here without playing the game. However that is proving harder than I though

Quitting?...
Yeah quitting as been harder than I thought it would be. I have to admit I've been on a few times the last few days. However I've had little drive or inspiration for what to do. Basically I've just been blowing stuff up. I kind of wish now that I hadn't ended my attempt at the FGPE so soon. It not only gave me something to do but something to feel a part of. It was a HUGE bonus that it was something of our own ( I mean players in general) instead of one of Frontier's narratives.

Stasis wolf ever thought the life of piracy
PVP isn't really my thing but I sincerely appreciate the gesture. You guys have a good group... even if you are a bunch of filthy criminals. ;)

Last edited:
I think elite is one of those games you never REALLY leave. It always drags you back in, despite the bugs.

I have been, shall we say distracted by other games since gpp, but none of them kept me coming back like elite. My last career mining is just such a chilled out subgame that it is a great antidote to many other games on my current playlist.

Still keeping the faith, and for a nice nextgen update end of 2020 too. See u there Wolf :)

I think elite is one of those games you never REALLY leave. It always drags you back in, despite the bugs.
That describes my dance with the game. I leave for months, and then a new update comes and offers something that entices me back in (like the FSS did when 3.3 drops), until the new (and old) bugs drive me away again. However, I no longer consider myself a "loyal customer" of Frontier. If another company releases a game that truly competes with ED, then I could REALLY leave. And I'll not spend another dime on cosmetics until Frontier gets their act together and fixes all these major bugs - in other words, never again. Nor will I recommend the game to friends like I once did.

All that said, I don't hold grudges, so if Frontier gets their act together and releases a stable, well-tested version of ED in late 2020 that captures my heart like version 2.3 did on PS4, then I'll be happy to forgive, play, and perhaps even pay once again!

You're right to an extend, ED usually draws me back in but the times playing between pauses get shorter and shorter.
I'm realy fed up by the long standing, old and new bugs popping up with every update.
Also the half baked content becomes dull after a while, nothing is realy full fletched in this game, Thargoids, Guardians, Planetary landings, Multicrew, etc. they're all there but they all scream for more completion.

Yeah, ED might be the best space game out there but that doesn't mean it's automatically good at it.
Fdev seems to prefer quantity over quality, my personal preference is quite the opposite.

Top Bottom