I'm done or "So long and thanks for all the fish."

Yea that one is or was relatable. Now I have a pretty hard time getting back into it, fair amount of reading up to do.
Welcome back comrade, although shame it's in a sad thread. I've been on a sabbatical myself came back when I saw the update had landed. But it's really frustrating.

As Dutchman and a few others have said the pleasure/pain balance is the wrong way round.

See you all out there if I can stay connected.

Welcome back comrade, although shame it's in a sad thread. I've been on a sabbatical myself came back when I saw the update had landed. But it's really frustrating.

As Dutchman and a few others have said the pleasure/pain balance is the wrong way round.

See you all out there if I can stay connected.
Third comeback is the charm right?

I'm sure he'll be back if he has stuck it out so far though, unless Frontier keeps doing a Frontier. What are the problems though? Purely performance/bugs or are there some gameplay changes that are disliked too?

I'm sure he'll be back if he has stuck it out so far though, unless Frontier keeps doing a Frontier. What are the problems though? Purely performance/bugs or are there some gameplay changes that are disliked too?
Ugh, where to start....
The last two updates introduced a whole new bouquet of bugs and some old ones returning too.
Exploration has been overhauled with a new method of scanning, which doesn't work right now because the latest patch broke it.
Want me to go on?
Frontier is still pulling Frontiers all over.

It's good to see you though.

I didn't go into detail because griping about game development wasn't the purpose for this thread. For me the bugs in the April update, were only the straw that broke the camels back. Especially the ones that should never had made it past QA like the "restock all bug." How no one at Frontier caught that is beyond me. Every player saw it within 2 minutes of launching the game. Also the module priority bug.

Long before that I had ongoing issues with stuff like: Frontier constantly moving the goals posts and their constantly ruining legitimate gameplay by nerfing stuff straight to hell across the board to eliminate an exploit in one specific situation. Finally I'm just plain tired of hearing about "exciting" stuff that winds up being anything but exciting.

I really want to just walk away and be done and if I could take my space ships with me I would. I said a few posts ago I have played a bit since I originally made this post but I have a hard time finding something to do. Basically I'm just signing on to visit my ships. LOL

Last edited:
Ugh, where to start....
The last two updates introduced a whole new bouquet of bugs and some old ones returning too.
Exploration has been overhauled with a new method of scanning, which doesn't work right now because the latest patch broke it.
Want me to go on?
Frontier is still pulling Frontiers all over.

It's good to see you though.
Oh yeah that's right. I actually forgot how bad they have been about QA since forever. I used to really give them poopoo about it too at times.

You guys have fun being second class citizens in this galaxy. :unsure:

I used to have FOMO with this game, but not anymore. The only thing I fear now by not playing is someone else discovering RAXXLA before I do, LOL.

Long before that I'm had ongoing issues with stuff like: Frontier constantly moving the goals posts and their constantly ruining legitimate gameplay by nerfing stuff straight to hell across the board to eliminate an exploit in one specific situation. Finally I'm just plain tired of hearing about "exciting" stuff that winds up being anything but exciting.

I really want to just walk away and be done and if I could take my space ships with me I would. I said a few posts ago I have played a bit since I originally made this post but I have a hard time finding something to do. Basically I'm just signing on to visit my ships. LOL
I did feel pretty much exactly like that back then so can absolutely relate. Just gotta find another game I guess and don't let the fantasy run off with what you could be doing in Elite because again, you will look at the station screen feel burnt out and leave. The thing you found fun a while back just isn't anymore, it's broke and it's not getting fixed just yet atleast. If it ever does get fixed you might still feel burnt out unfortunately, especially if you keep going trying to make it fun.

I did feel pretty much exactly like that back then so can absolutely relate. Just gotta find another game I guess and don't let the fantasy run off with what you could be doing in Elite because again, you will look at the station screen feel burnt out and leave. The thing you found fun a while back just isn't anymore, it's broke and it's not getting fixed just yet atleast. If it ever does get fixed you might still feel burnt out unfortunately, especially if you keep going trying to make it fun.
I'm not trying to make it fun anymore and moved on to other pastures.
It's up to Fdev wether I come back or not, maybe the late 2020 update will breath some live into it again.
No doubt I will fire up ED once in a while but as you said if nothing changes I'll still feel burnt out or at least it wont take long to do so.

I realy wanted ED to be my favorite game but I just can't see why it would be, considering the state of things at the moment.
I'm (re)discovering quite a number of great games now though, lots of fun and there are a couple games comming up that I'm very much interested in.

Top Bottom