Horizons I'm done with ED Horizons for now!

Great job :)
I've got GTX 970 just hour ago, installed it on my "old" MSI Z77a-G43 MB with i5 3570k CPU - works perfect.

Quick question about 980ti card, I currently have a 970 card, would I notice a huge difference if I go to the 980ti?, reason is my system is only a few months old, the 970 was recommended by the store I purchased from, seems I may have been lead up the garden parth

970 should be fine for ED. I just upgraded to a 980ti from my 970 to get ready for the rift release. Not tried it in ed yet but maxes out anything I couldn't max out with my 970.

970 should be fine for ED. I just upgraded to a 980ti from my 970 to get ready for the rift release. Not tried it in ed yet but maxes out anything I couldn't max out with my 970.

Hey Distance, I know this info is probably too late, but if you're upgrading for the rift, then why not wait for next gen Pascal Nvidia gpus coming approximately same time as the Rift? Should be a real bump up from the 900 series.

@OP: Glad to hear you got it working finally. A new pc can do that... ;)

Hey Distance, I know this info is probably too late, but if you're upgrading for the rift, then why not wait for next gen Pascal Nvidia gpus coming approximately same time as the Rift? Should be a real bump up from the 900 series.

@OP: Glad to hear you got it working finally. A new pc can do that... ;)

I personally don't see pascal coming out before the rift and the vive and to start with their prices will be high anyway and should drop down some pont in October onwards. I plan on doing a bit of developing for vr so the extra horse power on the ti over the 970 will come in handy :)

Last edited:
I personally don't see pascal coming out before the rift and the vive and to start with their prices will be high anyway and should drop down some pont in October onwards. I plan on doing a bit of developing for vr so the extra horse power on the ti over the 970 will come in handy :)

Fair enough. :)

Approaching planets now has a whole new meaning! Wow! If I knew how to make videos, I would post one.

Haha, lol.... And yeah, go into the Nvidia Experience control panel and you can find ShadowPlay in there. This will record video for you at varying qualities.
I have mine on all the time and assigned it to always record the last 10 minutes and save whenever i want.

Top Bottom