I'm out (on PS4 that is) !

I'm out (well temporarily at least - can't say its permanent but you never know!). I happened to drop into a games shop and pick up some cheap titles while waiting for a new battery to be fitted to my garage door opener. That was it - I got home, loaded up the new games and haven't been back to ED since. Im not sure why... its not that the other games aren't repetitive - because they are in their own way. It isn't that they are no grind - cos they are that too! I think that its the change of scenery. While the other games have that open world element of grind and material hoarding, armour / potion making etc etc. they still manage to be different enough on any given day. The issue I have / had with ED is that it is sooooo repetitive and that the repetition is so very similar day-in-day-out that it feels like you are just going over the same ground again and again. Perhaps its my own fault for trying exploration.... but it always seemed to be the same whatever I did. It had its moments but.....

So anyways, I'm off doing other things - you can catch up to me online somewhere if you have mind to...best of luck - maybe I'll be back in my Anaconda one day - but it won't be for a while and there is nothing I see coming in the updates until the end of the year that's drawing me back. Maybe it won't be until he 'Next Big Thing' in 2020 or maybe the new PS5 will prove to be more enticing. Maybe ED might finally make it to VR on Playstation.... Death stranding looks good too... in November.

Adios muchachos

Just like the OP, I'm ditching PS4 for PC and VR. I love the game, I love the ships, I love the exploration, hell I even loved some of the grind. But it's all on a 2D monitor. I want to be in it. VR on PC will do that.

I started on PC (1200 hours) and started fresh again on PS4 (5000 hours), I still dabble on PC for VR, but honetly it's a faff messing with drivers and configs every few weeks after some update (game, OS, steam, etc), while on console you can just turn on and play.
Depends what is important to people, but don't just jump thinking the grass is greener and its some utopia on the PC side.

Mostly i'd suggest you start fresh on PC, don't transfer your PS4 CMDR over, and see how you get on. I quite enjoy working from sidey up, and with cash easier than ever to get, destroying your PS4 account just for credits may lead to regret later.

Depends what is important to people, but don't just jump thinking the grass is greener and its some utopia on the PC side.
If I were to invest in hardware for ED, I'd be torn between XB1X and PC. For gaming I prefer a console, and the XB1X supposedly looks almost as good as PC at 1080p (we all know that shadows are what's important to me). The only reason I'd consider PC is for my 3D rendering hobby, which I don't do very much anymore. And now that Microsoft Flight Simulator is coming to XBox, the decision is getting harder!

I know people who love their PCs love their PCs, but I hate Windows (typing this in Linux), Steam, device drivers, loud big hot power-hungry boxes, and money pits. And after all that, you still get all the cross-platform bugs, of which there are plenty.

* As for VR, I'd rather play ED on a big 4K projector screen. I did PSVR for awhile, and the low resolution just isn't worth the 'immersion' IMO. I've also played ED on a friend's 'movie room' screen, and that was impressive! But once VR goes Retina display, then you'll never peel that face-sucker off me!

I don't see the point in an Xbox (I've owned multiple in the past). With cross-platform games, get them on a PC, and PS4 for exclusives.
VR is amazing, like it ruins flat games when its good. But the cost of entry is high, and next gen of headsets should be so much better.

Mostly i'd suggest you start fresh on PC, don't transfer your PS4 CMDR over, and see how you get on. I quite enjoy working from sidey up, and with cash easier than ever to get, destroying your PS4 account just for credits may lead to regret later.

Yeah I've been thinking about doing this. The biggest grind is engineers and fed/imp rank unlock so I am considering leaving my PS4 account as is. Just ordered lots of components today... :cool:

After some 900 hours in the game on PS4 Pro, I'm starting over on PC, for various reasons.

TL;DR: VR, better controllers, community.

well, if you have not been able to master the control set up after 900 hours.....perhaps PC is best for you...good luck

Last edited:
After some 900 hours in the game on PS4 Pro, I'm starting over on PC, for various reasons.

well, if you have not been able to master the control set up for JWE after 900 hours.....perhaps PC is best for you...good luck
Heh. :D

I'm out (well temporarily at least - can't say its permanent but you never know!). I happened to drop into a games shop and pick up some cheap titles while waiting for a new battery to be fitted to my garage door opener. That was it - I got home, loaded up the new games and haven't been back to ED since. Im not sure why... its not that the other games aren't repetitive - because they are in their own way. It isn't that they are no grind - cos they are that too! I think that its the change of scenery. While the other games have that open world element of grind and material hoarding, armour / potion making etc etc. they still manage to be different enough on any given day. The issue I have / had with ED is that it is sooooo repetitive and that the repetition is so very similar day-in-day-out that it feels like you are just going over the same ground again and again. Perhaps its my own fault for trying exploration.... but it always seemed to be the same whatever I did. It had its moments but.....

So anyways, I'm off doing other things - you can catch up to me online somewhere if you have mind to...best of luck - maybe I'll be back in my Anaconda one day - but it won't be for a while and there is nothing I see coming in the updates until the end of the year that's drawing me back. Maybe it won't be until he 'Next Big Thing' in 2020 or maybe the new PS5 will prove to be more enticing. Maybe ED might finally make it to VR on Playstation.... Death stranding looks good too... in November.

Adios muchachos

Edit = replied to the wrong guy, my bad

Last edited:

And i dont know what you mean by better community, are you saying us console players are a bunch of D holes? first of all, thanks......second, its not the computer that makes the person a D hole, its the person that makes the person a D hole.You will find D holes in the PC community just as well as the console community.

Your insults at us combined with the fact that you could not figure out a 10 button control pad after 900 hours means we aint exactly sad to see you go, this L.O.T.R novel of a post was not needed, u could have just left.

=]

Your insults at us combined with the fact that you could not figure out a 10 button control pad after 900 hours means we aint exactly sad to see you go, this L.O.T.R novel of a post was not needed, u could have just left.

Take a moment and relax there buddy as he wasn't necessarily talking about the people. On the PC the community is larger and more social because the tools are just better. Keyboard text input, Discord for voice chat / text chat, it all makes it easier to have a community. Consoles have their strengths but when it comes to having access to the tools that make a community then it just can't compete. That's not a dig at console users, it's just the way it is.

No need for the angry face because at this point it's a given that the PC will get RDR2. Not only will it end up looking better (because when don't they ?) but you'll probably end up paying less for the PC version as well. They're called the "PC Master Race" for a reason, even if we might not like the reason.

Take a moment and relax there buddy as he wasn't necessarily talking about the people. On the PC the community is larger and more social because the tools are just better. Keyboard text input, Discord for voice chat / text chat, it all makes it easier to have a community. Consoles have their strengths but when it comes to having access to the tools that make a community then it just can't compete. That's not a dig at console users, it's just the way it is.

did you just THREATEN me??

I built a PC end of January, it's got, Elite Dangerous and, er, Win10.
I must say, my in game experience has much improved, seeing far more people, a lot more interaction in game.

Still got the PS4 for everything else.

Still looking forward to PS5, hoping for some good VR stuff.

Top Bottom