Immersive Ship Transition vs. Teleportation

It wont ever be changed. This is a quick and easy standardised method of ingress and egress that doesn't require a unique solution for each type of ship.

Once people get used to the teleport they won't make it more laborious time consuming or "immersive" becuse people will moan about having their time wasted.
The chances you're right are high

It wont ever be changed. This is a quick and easy standardised method of ingress and egress that doesn't require a unique solution for each type of ship.

Once people get used to the teleport they won't make it more laborious time consuming or "immersive" becuse people will moan about having their time wasted.
Unlike all the other time wasting activities.

Seems a nice idea- maybe FD are thinking about 'busy work' though- how many times are you wanting to wait for the ladder to come down / hatch open before you want to get in?

I'm not against the idea, but its a fine line between adding something and pointless window dressing- its arguable that walking around the hangar is also busy work, not unless FD put NPCs there.
This could be solved by having stairs/ramp down by default when the ship is docked or landed on a planet surface.

It’s not. They said so in the video. They actually like fade to black.

Arthur made a case - for why negotiating corridors doesn't constitute as gameplay - at least.

Fact is FPS is a work in progress, getting it's first implementation inside a live game, where with any luck future ship interiors, will have more about them than just being eye candy .. Gun racks, live comms stations, items to upgrade and repair, underfloor smuggler compartments ..

As much as everyone wants to enter the ship manually, the blue circle is here to stay.

Been on every beta/alpha since the begining and if this is what they have premiered in the walk through this is what we are getting.

As much as everyone wants to enter the ship manually, the blue circle is here to stay.

Been on every beta/alpha since the begining and if this is what they have premiered in the walk through this is what we are getting.
true but that shouldn't stop the want for a better way

it's about as far removed to what I believe some of us were expecting, yes we knew there would be a fade to black moment but there was a hope of an SRV style animation sequence. Not sure how a Neil Armstrong moment is going to be achieved with this mechanic, maybe a cut scene for those 1st footfalls?

I love the SRV transition. I love it every time i do it!

Give us the legs version! Its like 5 seconds. If you cant wait 5 seconds for the imersion, how do you have the patients for.. like the whole game!

That trailer where he goes on the lift is all i want. The blue circle is tacky and total biowaste IMO. It totaly ruins the experiance! Its low grade tat and should be place holder untill they get the time to add the lift/stairs animation for all the ships.
They cant tease us with the video and the fact that when you land the stairs are there on alot of ships alredy. I have spent YEARS looking at those little doors and stairs on my ship longing for the day i would get to use them.. and now its been side stepped in THE update. It cow turds! Total cow turds!

Top Bottom