Imperial Clipper

Hello, i have a small wish and that is make the Imperial Clipper fit to land on M landing pads. Please!
Why?
Because there are so much i wanna do with this ship and yet i cannot because there are so many spaceports with only M landing pads.
Please make this.
Thank you for reading my wish, now have a great day.

I've made some Photoshop.
Here is my 'prototype' of narrower and a little shorter Clipper :) (on the right)

... and marked difference

medium-clipper2.jpg

Making the clipper medium would also likely increase its cost by a clear 20 million, maybe 30. The clipper is incredibly cheap for its performance, marred only by the issue of requiring large landing pads.

Thinking even more, Imperials don't necessarily need a medium ship. From a strategic, logistical perspective it greatly simplifies things for the Imperial Navy by only having 2 classes of independent ship as it means that any Imperial carrier or naval base would only need small and large landing pads.

there are already some threads suggesting a medium ship from gutamaya be release. everybody who like imperial ships wants one. :)

Just say no.
There aren't any internals I would give up just to make it land on a med pad.
Plenty of other ships to use for med pads.
The clipper is excellent as is.

Just say no.
There aren't any internals I would give up just to make it land on a med pad.
Plenty of other ships to use for med pads.
The clipper is excellent as is.
What makes you think it would lose internals ? It's got one less than the Python, and the same as the Krait II, both are medium ships. Most of the Clipper's internals are smaller than on those two, to accomodate that one size 7.

Hey nice Photoshop really great work, this is why I asked in another thread if FD could allow us the END USER of their product to help create new ship designs.

I've made some Photoshop.
Here is my 'prototype' of narrower and a little shorter Clipper :) (on the right)

They could even animate that, looks like totally natural retracting nacelles like the original.

That's exactly what i was thinking seeing the photoshoped model.
It should be a nacelle retracting animation, like beluga's wings, to allow the Clipper to dock on a medium pad.

Anyway, as an workaround, they could just add another size 5 optional internal and the Clipper would be worthy of a large pad indeed.

... and marked difference

View attachment 146157
Looks like a relatively small change and should not affect ship balance too much (weapon positioning on nacelles and convergence there of).

The nose being made a little blunter should not be detrimental (texture mapping wise) and if FD are reluctant to shorten the wings or significantly change the wing model in a way that may affect texture mapping they could angle/curve them down (c/f Klingon Bird of Prey) and modify the landing struts if necessary.

I've always thought that the wings retracting or swinging upwards slightly when landing gear is lowered would be the way to go. That photoshop shows it wouldn't need much.

I would also reposition the Large hardpoints on nose and that flat area on back top, and put the mediums on the nacelles, but that's another subject.

Top Bottom