PvP Imperial Courier suggestions

Im looking to build a nifty little harrasser type of courier.
I know its fast and has solid shields so i want to be a pest to some of the gankers , just interdicting them before they interdict others and maybe take some pot shots etc
Not looking to finish the fight - already have a corvette for that.

So any pilots of this ship have any good loadout suggestions/ engineering tips?

Appreciate the info

o7

Last edited:
This one requires a bit of engineering but... https://s.orbis.zone/2j11

Also you may consider looking at the Viper 3 - nimble and very fast with same sort of loadout. FSD minimising means it'll have to be shipped to the station in your planned theatre.

Any particular place you are thinking of playing the game?

This one requires a bit of engineering but... https://s.orbis.zone/2j11

Also you may consider looking at the Viper 3 - nimble and very fast with same sort of loadout. FSD minimising means it'll have to be shipped to the station in your planned theatre.

Any particular place you are thinking of playing the game?

Home system is Shinrarta but i usually travel around to all th e CGs (combat oriented ones at least)

Home system is Shinrarta but i usually travel around to all th e CGs (combat oriented ones at least)

That is my main cmdr home station also, although he is on his way back from EA in the T10. (it doesn't rush with 42Ly jump range)
I like the Courier for handling and speed and used it extensively when doing missions to get my Imp rank - just in case I failed an interdiction.

Most CG's have a station with shipyard attached so shipping out a quick courier won't cost a fortune or take forever.

Last edited:
A Courier with 3 seekers that boosts atleast 850 m/s. Believe me, you will be the cheesiest annoying thing in the void.
For the effects on the seekers: Drag, thermal cascade, emissive.

Also, use premium ammo and a cheeki ship name.

Just don't boost away in a straight line. You're not the first to come up with this idea, and it turns out a conda stacked full of LR rails is a very effective counter to this build. One shot city.

FWIW, I had an eagle do this to me at a CG before DG2. We just ended up having a nice convo via DMs on racing builds. It's not going to be nearly as annoying as you think.

And by all means, try it in Shinrarta first. Be sure to let us know how long before a ganker swaps into his/her own Courier build which is almost certainly stored at Shinrarta. That will be fun for ya. Especially if there's a wing of them and a couple of them mix it up with Clippers/Mambas/Orcas while the others are in eagles/couriers/vipers.

This is my 'Annoying Wasp'. Weps of your choice, but main wep is Mines. Jump range is not big, but hell who needs a far flying annoying Wasp. Sometimes you may need 2x mines and 1x wep of your choice.

https://s.orbis.zone/2jqb

Boost away when you get into trouble. You need the FSDI, as any Cmdr worth their salt will not interdict you in this ship, you have to do them and hope they take the bait and jump out again. This can be the griefers griefer, and they soon get mighty peeved when you consta interdict them to stop them griefing anyone else.

I've got this parked in Shinrarta. https://s.orbis.zone/2jtm

It strips the shields on your vessel in under a minute and your hull in moments. You're not carrying chaff so my MCs will likely never miss. If you decide to run, you've got a ~50 m/s speed advantage over me, which gives me quite a long time to hit you with my LR rail. If you fly evasively to avoid this, you will likely be unable to increase distance between us at all.

Good luck hitting me with your rails placed on the widely spaced nacelles. Since you omitted LR for a bit of speed you can't even use long distance to overcome the horrible convergence of the nacelle mounts for fixed weapons. Hitting me with mines is even less likely.

Let's say you manage to low wake out. I'll just pull you again. Your own tactic. If you high wake, I can swap a few modules to make this a viable long range cruiser. Basically swap an HRP for a scoop and an SB for a wake scanner.

Anyway, just food for thought on all of your clever plans here. There hasn't been a single courier posted here that can reliably defeat or escape this one.

Also, gankers can just block you. Certainly it's suggested often enough on the boards we're all aware of the feature. Wouldn't that be ironic?

So in conclusion, someone please please please pull me in Shinrarta with one of the builds in this thread.

Last edited:
Regarding "John Brown", with 3 res boosters you would be better with enhanced low draw bi weave, just swap res bosoter for thermal one, extra shield strength and you gain 2.5 tons Feros:)
Fuel scoop and mrp doesn't hurt either, i would personally exchange LR rail for LW rail and use OC multi instead of LW one, also extra ~0.5 ton gain with increased DPS, you not going to go reverski with it, so extra range doesn't matter that much:)
But... i hate courier personally, its worst reasonable small ship out of 4: Courier, DBS, Viper3, Cobra3 by large margin IMO if you intend to actually win combats.

Last edited:
Regarding "John Brown", with 3 res boosters you would be better with enhanced low draw bi weave, just swap res bosoter for thermal one, extra shield strength and you gain 2.5 tons Feros:)
Fuel scoop and mrp doesn't hurt either, i would personally exchange LR rail for LW rail and use OC multi instead of LW one, also extra ~0.5 ton gain with increased DPS, you not going to go reverski with it, so extra range doesn't matter that much:)
But... i hate courier personally, its worst reasonable small ship out of 4: Courier, DBS, Viper3, Cobra3 by large margin IMO if you intend to actually win combats.

The LR was to hit those fleeing couriers mentioned in this thread. I'd have plenty of time with them in the 1000 - 4000m range.

Yes I've considered enhanced low power and agree it probably edges out my shield, but I didn't feel like re-engineering it.

However it wouldn't make any difference in this thread. Every single suggestion here relied on the enemy being inept and not trying to counter intelligently. So I've won any theoretical dogfight before it started due to that false assumption, which outweights any tweak of a few tons. To be more specific:

- The first posted build had less than 500 raw HP and a single PA.
- Your suggestion was torps which have zero chance to hit my courier.
- The next build had ~750 raw hitpoints and relied on lasers - not a great choice given the size 3 distro. It had no chaff, and my gimballed MC's DPE is over twice that of the lazers.

My build had almost 5x the hull of the others. So I don't need to wake when my biweave drops.

As far as small ships, I agree the viper might have an edge on courier due to the much larger boost multiplier. Not the others IMO. The cobra has only 2 utilities so will always have a vastly inferior shield. It can hulltank - but hulltanks need to run MRP. If one is willing to sacrifice speed on the courier it can have nearly as strong of a hull while still being faster than the cobra and maintaining a shield. Viper likewise only has 2 utilities and thus is best as a hulltank. Hulltanks have no good counter vs. an opponent with hounds+emissive.

DBS can run stealth tactics better than the others. To me it's a different kind of discussion. (Although again, the stupidly overpowered emissive + hounds combo is very problematic for this)

Last edited:
DBS can run stealth tactics better than the others. To me it's a different kind of discussion. (Although again, the stupidly overpowered emissive + hounds combo is very problematic for this)

Sorry to OP for being OT but seekers and especially packhounds or RF modded seekers having no counter is IMO huge problem in PvP, but also in PVE, negatively affecting build variety in wing fight and even in small ship pve. In any reasonable outfitting options (that are in fact very limited for courier) that not include seekers i bet my USD vs Venezuelan Bolivar on any of ships I listed earlier. Btw.... emmisive laser+ seekers is just cheese build, OTOH we may theoretically discuss builds like DBS with 4xpoint defence and 4 phasing pulses, its no point really:) Currier hypothetical high healthpool reaistically is not that great if we want ship that will resemble small ship flight model, with huge shields we just get chubby and sluggish underpowered Vulture with huge hitbox. Assuming ~350 biweave shields and still 650-700 boost speeds we get like ~1200 hitpoints armour, shields recharge is limited by c3 distributor, and if we go SCB route we have to sacrifice 1 utility for heatsinks and healthpool worsens even more and also we are losing chaff.

Currier hypothetical high healthpool reaistically is not that great

Small ships shouldn't be competing on health pool. It's a game they can never win. They should be evading. IMO Viper and courier are best at this, followed by DBS, followed by cobra.

I agree pack+emissive is a cheese build but it's out there and anyone who runs shieldless has to deal with it.

Courier is also a better daily driver. It can run a scoop and interdictor without losing nearly half its health, unlike DBS. I feel the DBS should have at least one more internal slot, FDev really has done that ship a disservice.

And more to the point of this thread, the courier can both implement and counter the tactic brought up by the OP. None of the other small ships mentioned can (maybe a really clever viper build).

Last edited:
Job done then, as the objective is to make them play in their own little Room!

No, the stated intention was "to be a pest to some of the gankers". So pretty much complete failure, since we can still gank others with some rando courier pilot blocked.

Did you have anything constructive to add, or did you just want to fantasize aloud how you've defeated the evil gankas?

Last edited:
Top Bottom