Ships Imperial Courier - thinking getting one, your toughts on it

Ok guys.

So i started out in Elite in the end of January, did alot, and then i reseted my save last month cause i wanted to start fresh and set myself some goals.

I am currently going for just playing the small ships for the challenge of it, and doing stuff with them that actually they werent ment to...

I went to Colonia, and am coming back in a Eagle, wich has been my only ship so far with this new account, but it lacks in some regards and i need a better ship, that can pack better weapons, shields and a few more modules.

That is when after messing around i came to the Icourier, and i would like to hear what u can tell me about it, the ones that have had or have it offcourse!

I will be using it in a multirole, jack of all trades affair, i play basically in Mobius alone, rarely venture into Open, so PVE is the thing it will meet, and will also go into missions and exploration (ke ke ke).

As equipment goes, im planning to stick the biggest fuel scoop i can get, biggest shield (even doe im inclined to biwaves), all pulse lasers, 1 heat sink and rest all shield boosters, A-rate everything, dirty drives with drag drive effect, A-rated FSD level 5 increased range with mass manager, advanced docking comp, supercruise assist, discovery scanner, amfu, repair limpets and cargo rack, and will try to lower the weight of it as much as i can.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Do it, fantastic ship...

It can do a bit of everything. It's a finicky ship that requires you to learn how it works to get the most out of it to be fair but It's some of the most fun I've had in ED (about 2500hr in) and still love flying it!

If I could only have two ships in Elite, one of them would be a Courier. Love this ship. Elite's jetfighter, evoking the classic 50's jets like the F-86 Sabre. Love the cockpit, the speed, the agility, the sense of mortality :)

Not so long ago we had a thread to brainstorm some 'fast battle' Courier builds. Maybe you can get some ideas from these. Lots of great Couriers in there

Shields are quite strong for a ship this size, plus it can go very fast. I've got a build which goes fast and can hold its own in the majority of combat situations. Also holds 12 tons of cargo so is a good ship for retrieval and courier missions. It's a neat ship. The only imperial ship I ever wanted.

Most survivable ship in the game. Also, you know when a ship is fast when you have difficulty slowing down to land ;)

For combat: get some Frags then zoom up - punch in the face - zoom off!

You won't regret it

MP

It has my absolutely favorite cockpit. It's like a jet fighter, only full of style and elegance :) Not the best view out, but it's a very cozy and luxurious feeling thing to be in. It's a fantastic ship to fly. Not without it's quirks, which are fun to learn and gives it a certain skill ceiling. Once you get the feel of it - you will dance around like a ballerina. It can have stupendously strong shields for a ship of it's size. Which makes it a tough target in hands of a skilled pilot. Not to mention - you can build it to be jawdroppingly fast.

Last edited:
I'd compare it to a cobra 3 kinda but not entirely. I only bought it for the collection though and haven't put any more time in it than flying it back to my station

I fly mainly iCourier especially when I'm in mood to search for troubles, because it has low rebuy cost :)
In my opinion advantages and disadvantages are:
+speed & agility
+low cost of ship and low rebuy
+small size of the ship and still can carry 4 utilities
+great cockpit
+strong shields
+very fun to fly, nice handling

Drawbacks:
- not exactly good 3rd hardpoint placement. This one under the nose. For gimballed weapon it's ploblematic, because when your target is in front of you and a bit above your cockpit line, hardpoint pointing in your ship nose, so weapon stop firing. Annoying when you have MC or Beam laser. Of course, it's a matter of practice. When you take your target just straight in front or in the left or right side of the nose, it working good.

- power distributor is unefficient especially for combat or multirole build. Shield capacitor is often drained to 0. I used to fly with reinforced & fast charge mod, but I have changed it to "low-draw" because I don't need fast charge when capacitor is empty and nothing is charging ;) So good PIP management training is needed ;)

This ship can be build as extremely fast machine. Mine is build for engaging in troubles and in-wing combats.
Sometimes I fly with triple frags, but for some time I will try those missiles.

Last edited:
Tks for feedback got it!

Working on her.

High-Res-Screen-Shot-2019-08-01-22-48-44.jpg

Tried it for like the fifth time myself.

Its good as an interceptor during wing fights, to run down damaged Mambas or other Couriers but it's dogfighting capability is severley limited when compared to the Vipers. Gorgeous cockpit though.

It's a shame because to get real performance out of the thing it needs to be superlight, and by doing that it ends up being super squashy, but then that being said at nearly 800mps there is seldom little that can actually sink one.

Overall I'd say the Vipers are mostly superior accross the board but the Courier has more internal room and more utilities, so worse DPS and handling but better shields and a fair bit faster.

Jenny has one with a fixed beam on the nose and two gimbaled cannons on the wings. It's a surprisingly effective combination (I find the cannons better than MCs as long as you're close enough to score hits).

Tried it for like the fifth time myself.

Its good as an interceptor during wing fights, to run down damaged Mambas or other Couriers but it's dogfighting capability is severley limited when compared to the Vipers. Gorgeous cockpit though.

It's a shame because to get real performance out of the thing it needs to be superlight, and by doing that it ends up being super squashy, but then that being said at nearly 800mps there is seldom little that can actually sink one.

Overall I'd say the Vipers are mostly superior accross the board but the Courier has more internal room and more utilities, so worse DPS and handling but better shields and a fair bit faster.

Check out the thread on fast battle couriers... Not exactly paper thin there :)

I'm loving the courier.

Check out the thread on fast battle couriers... Not exactly paper thin there :)

I'm loving the courier.

https://s.orbis.zone/40-5 :Well I was working with this. I suppose its not massively squishy but it certainly feels like it compared to the Vipers, though the MKIII can effectively remove itself from the opponents firing solution more easily than damn near everything else (I run that with no safety bubble) and the MKIV can just tank everything the opponent can throw bar rails and seekers and still dish out the damage.

Top Bottom