TL;DR – I took an Imperial Courier to Beagle Point, Sagittarius A*, Colonia, and Hutton Orbital as a tribute to those still on patrol in their Imperial Couriers.

Ship Type: Gutamaya Imperial Courier
ID: DSV-30
Name: Crux (SRV: Callsign Acrux)
Build: https://s.orbis.zone/5j60

From 2019.11.30 to 2019.12.30 I took an Imperial Courier on a journey to some of the more famous remote parts of the galaxy. I dedicate this trip to those who are no longer with us, last seen in their Imperial Couriers.

I started this trip by picking up 1 ton of Lavian Brandy, 1 ton of Hutton Mugs, and set a course into the black. From the bubble I headed towards Colonia and stopped at Jaques Station. After a brief respite I worked my way to Beagle Point. At the edge of the galaxy, so far from home, I jettisoned my libation. To those we’ve lost, to those ships still on patrol in the void, Godspeed and enjoy a mug of brandy on me until you find your way back home. After taking a moment of silence I started my way back to the bubble by way of Sag A* with a stopover at Explorer’s Anchorage to stretch my legs. I finished up the trip by swinging by “The View” and docking back at Jameson Memorial.

Check out this link for the adventures along the way: Source: https://imgur.com/a/tBioQDl

Trip Stats: 2123 jumps; 169283.14 LYR.

Godspeed CMDRs, I’ll see you out in the black! o7

Excellent pictures. Well done! Great choice of ship, too.
Personally, I've been flying Couriers and Clippers for a long while, and I always seem to go back to these. Back in 2017 August, I was the first to fly a Courier out to Semotus Beacon (see here), which at the time meant top engineering and leaving the SRV bay behind. Here are some pictures from that one, but honestly, they aren't nearly as good as yours are.
Currently sat in the same ship as well, just with new modules - and a new paintjob :D

The funniest part though was that I didn't like the Courier when it came out. But then it grew on me. Getting VR recently helped there as well.

Regarding your build: you took quite a lot of heatsinks there, I think three of them were likely dead weight. Say, how many did you end up using?

Oh, and hey, have some more Courier pics! (Compare the last one to 0% on stock.)

Last edited:
I'm currently in my courier too! I love this little ship. When I first got one a few years ago, I loved flying it, but I always struggled to find a use for it. Interestingly the one niche it seemed to fill really well was for stacking planetary scan jobs in Quince. It was so fast and nimble that it could get in and out of mass lock quickly, dock quickly, etc. But then, Quince got nerfed.

I was never able to bring myself to explore with it back then. But these days, it's not bad. The extra internals, the FSD boosters, etc, have all improved the situation. And now, with more paints to choose from, and a ship kit, it's even better.

Some pics:

2019-06-30%2001-59-40%20Sol_1.jpg

2019-06-30%2022-13-27%20HD%20110933.jpg

2019-07-23%2001-51-08%20Pru%20Eurk%20VA-E%20d12-22.jpg

Excellent pictures. Well done! Great choice of ship, too.
Personally, I've been flying Couriers and Clippers for a long while, and I always seem to go back to these. Back in 2017 August, I was the first to fly a Courier out to Semotus Beacon (see here), which at the time meant top engineering and leaving the SRV bay behind. Here are some pictures from that one, but honestly, they aren't nearly as good as yours are.
Currently sat in the same ship as well, just with new modules - and a new paintjob :D

The funniest part though was that I didn't like the Courier when it came out. But then it grew on me. Getting VR recently helped there as well.

Regarding your build: you took quite a lot of heatsinks there, I think three of them were likely dead weight. Say, how many did you end up using?

Oh, and hey, have some more Courier pics! (Compare the last one to 0% on stock.)
I'm honored to meet you! The first totake an iCouroer to the Semotus Beacon, very impressive! Your pictures show what is needed, the view is beautiful. I couldn't get over the long cockpit and the canopy support ring right in my field of view but she basked with the best of them.

As for the build, when I was building her I wasn't as familiar with long range exploration so I loaded up everything I could. I made them lightweight to help the mass issue but I ended up going through 2 fully and a part of another but all on the way back from Beagle as I got a bit careless and strayed too close to the star while scanning.

I love this little ship. When I first got one a few years ago, I loved flying it, but I always struggled to find a use for it.
I have seven Couriers in my hangar, two of them being storage ships. Two of them are in Colonia: a combat ship and an explorer. Three of them are based in the bubble: an explorer (the one I'm currently in, so not in the bubble), a combat, and a multirole built for missions. As far as small ships go, it's great for that too: the only problem is the lack of cargo space, really.
But for combat, flying small ships is great fun, and the Courier performs very well there. Having a third medium hardpoint in the middle is great for sticking an Imperial Hammer (or a simple railgun) in. Sure, it's not super optimal for min-maxing kills per minute, but for me, flying it is much more involving than highly-engineered large ships.
Of course, this is also the reason why I'm not Elite in combat yet :D

I couldn't get over the long cockpit and the canopy support ring right in my field of view but she basked with the best of them.
I had the exact same problem at first as well, but then I grew to like the support(s). It all provides a good sense of scale, which I find great for the small ships.
Unexpected bonus: standing up in VR and just looking around, even to the back. Not a lot of ships you can take a look at the view behind you as well.

Of course, this is also the reason why I'm not Elite in combat yet :D

Yeah, I did that grind with the Corvette. That was basically my problem; I already had specialized ships for each role. If I flew the courier, it was because I wanted to, rather than needing to fill a niche. Technically that's the same for exploration, but I've gotten to a point where I don't care to min/max that either, at least not in the same way as I used to. So the shorter jump range is acceptable, if the ship is simply going to be fun in itself.

I used one on DW2 and it was a dream!

Best Looking ship in the game
Best Sounding ship in the game
Best Cockpit in the game
Best ship to boost under outpost signs
Lands basically anywhere.

What else did i miss? Glad to see other people using it as an exploration vessel.

Top Bottom