Imperial Eagle Cyclops Solo

Extremely impressive, as usual. I think I may need to retire...:O

If you're taking requests, I'd like to see you do it with a Cobra Mk III next. I would think it could do it easier than the Imperial Eagle.

Wow, this is damn impressive dude, + rep!
But what did you mean with 15% bonus damage on Gauss, did i miss something?

Last edited:
I found faster ships have an advantage, I had a type-10, but because it was so annoyingly slow it would still be basted by the thunder cannon max speed....

then I traded it for a cutter and my success rate sky rocketed!

New Challenge for GluttonyFang: can you beat a Basilisk Solo (Cyclops for you would be too easy still ;) ) with an unengineered Type-10? (given the ship was designed for anti-Thargoid operations, but fails to even meet that requirement...)

In my forth try I rekt a Cyclops.
Killed it with 30 to 40% hull left but lost another 20% in the cloud.
Those hearts are truely not worth being harvested.

Nicely done - thermal vent on beam lasers is great on any ship btw, nice to see you can still dodge the tharglets (to a degree) - never been a fan of faffing about with flak cannons.

You used your beams on the cyclops. I thought regular weapons didn't work on the intercepters.

I'm curious as to what you advise/think of my build. I have a Chieftain. The small hardpoints are Railgun, Railgun, and seeker launcher. The medium is a Gauss Cannon. The large are two gimbaled multi Cannons. Mostly everything is A spec and partially engineered.

I want the ship to be versatile. I think that if you can take out a cyclops with an imperial eagle, that it should be possible with my set up.

Mainly, I use it for fighting Scouts. Scouts are a lot of fun, but are certainly NOT worth the upkeep cost.

You used your beams on the cyclops. I thought regular weapons didn't work on the intercepters.

I'm curious as to what you advise/think of my build. I have a Chieftain. The small hardpoints are Railgun, Railgun, and seeker launcher. The medium is a Gauss Cannon. The large are two gimbaled multi Cannons. Mostly everything is A spec and partially engineered.

I want the ship to be versatile. I think that if you can take out a cyclops with an imperial eagle, that it should be possible with my set up.

Mainly, I use it for fighting Scouts. Scouts are a lot of fun, but are certainly NOT worth the upkeep cost.

the beams are just there to bring down the shields, or to keep the ship cool (thermal vent works as long as you hit something with it)
regarding your chieftain - its a bigger target for the thargons, so totally neglegting them may not be the best advice

When I fought scouts with my Corvette it was worth the upkeep. After 300,000cr worth of bonds I only had 1% hull damage and surprisingly they never shot a caustic missile at me once. When I was in my Chieftain they shot missiles at me within the first 15 seconds every time.

Could you help me with a build out for the 'conda and cutter, please? (I'm having trouble finding clear messages about building a successful thargoid-killer)

When I fought scouts with my Corvette it was worth the upkeep. After 300,000cr worth of bonds I only had 1% hull damage and surprisingly they never shot a caustic missile at me once. When I was in my Chieftain they shot missiles at me within the first 15 seconds every time.

I recently found out that size 3 AX multi-cannons exist. Once I fitted two of those, turreted, Scouts became much less of a hassle.

I recently found out that size 3 AX multi-cannons exist. Once I fitted two of those, turreted, Scouts became much less of a hassle.

Meh, scouts could be taken out with regular weapons. Use gimbaled weapons on a decently fast and maneuverable ship and they become a joke pretty much. The only thing you'll have to worry about is if they launch missiles at you.

Top Bottom