Imperial eagle max speed build

Im trying to make a max speed imperial eagle for fun, but I think im stuck now. Whatever I do I cant get the speed above 837ms. It gets to a stage where reducing weight dosnt matter anymore. I see other players have gotten imperial eagles above 837, so im not sure what to do next. Im thinking it must be some secondary effect on the dirty drives roll on the enhanced drives? But which one? We have minimum, optimal and maximum multiplier. First maximum multiplier must be maxed out I guess, and then which one is the next important multiplier to look at? Its kind of confusing, any easy rule of thumb to remember so I can understand it?

This is how my multipliers look now:

ieagle2.JPG

As long as you keep your ship below the minimum mass, you want to concentrate on the maximum multiplier.
To get more speed you need to get a secondary effect to increase the maximum multiplier over the normal limit.
As far as I recall, my courier has a multiplier of 183%, but you can get higher.
Hope this helps...

At minimum mass, you get the maximum multiplier, and since you're at minimum mass, removing more mass won't make the ship any faster.

At this point, you need a higher multiplier roll.

Actually since he's using Enhanced Performance Thrusters the ship weight only needs to be below 75% of optimum mass.

Which is the same thing.

Minimum mass is 75% of optimal on EPTs, but 50% of optimal on standard thrusters.

Last edited:
Great stuff, thanks!! I thought the maximum multiplier maxed out at 179%. It went all the way to the end of the bar, but obviously it can go further still and I just need to get more materials. How much maximum multiplier is theoretically possible? :)

Great stuff, thanks!! I thought the maximum multiplier maxed out at 179%. It went all the way to the end of the bar, but obviously it can go further still and I just need to get more materials. How much maximum multiplier is theoretically possible? :)

You can get a secondary effect which pushes the multiplier further. The theoretical maximum DD multiplier roll is 43%. That gives you 149.5% optimal on EPTs, which would be about 195.9% maximum.

Setting out to get great DD rolls is a bit of a rabbit hole. You can hit ~35% without an inordinate number of rolls, but if you want to crack 40% you should expect to roll at least a few hundred times.

Last edited:
I got mine to 817 without really trying to min/max everything, I'm actually pretty pleased reading this thread because it seems I did better than I thought in terms of what's possible.

Thanks guys! Tried rolling some more but the quest to obtain especially CIF can be quite a challenge I see. Spacebaboy mentioned brain ace, hehe yepp!

FOR CIF Im using the route to medium installations described here (its meant for MEF, but CIF also drops):
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/272951-Medium-Security-Settlement-List-and-Guide-for-Modified-Embedded-Firmware

Got a bunch of MEF now, my multicannons will be happy, but CIF rate seems a bit slow. Anyone know a better way to obtain CIF? Will they drop more frequent in Qunice perhaps? Or are there any other good places for CIF?

Cheers!

Top Bottom