TL;DR – I took an Imperial Eagle to Beagle Point, Sagittarius A*, Colonia, and Hutton Orbital as a tribute to those still on patrol in their Imperial Eagles.

Ship Type: Gutamaya Imperial Eagle
ID: DSV-06
Name: Ara
Build: https://s.orbis.zone/55f1

From 2019.10.25 to 2019.11.29 I took an Imperial Eagle on a journey to some of the more famous remote parts of the galaxy. I dedicate this trip to those who are no longer with us, last seen in their Imperial Eagles.

I started this trip by picking up 1 ton of Lavian Brandy, 1 ton of Hutton Mugs, and set a course into the black. From the bubble I headed towards Colonia and stopped at Jaques Station. While taking in the view (and grabbing a screenshot) I got attacked by a NPC pirate right outside the station. The jerk was able to take my hull down to ~40% before security got there but even worse was the hatch breaker limpet, which tore into my cargo hold and ejected my cargo. In my panic I escaped into supercruise but lost my cargo. After docking at Jaques and taking a breather I decided to head back to the bubble to recollect the brandy and mugs. Working my way there and back again I found myself back at Jaques Station with a full cargo hold and after a brief (and cautious) respite I worked my way to Beagle Point. At the edge of the galaxy, so far from home, I jettisoned my libation. To those we’ve lost, to those ships still on patrol in the void, Godspeed and enjoy a mug of brandy on me until you find your way back home. After taking a moment of silence I started my way back to the bubble by way of Sag A* with a stopover at Explorer’s Anchorage to stretch my legs. I finished up the trip by swinging by “The View” and docking back at Jameson Memorial.

Check out this link for the adventures along the way: Source: https://imgur.com/a/suyJWHW

Trip Stats: 2895 jumps; 217614.91 LYR.

Godspeed CMDRs, I’ll see you out in the black! o7

Hell yeah, my Imperial Eagle is my favorite ship to fly but I haven’t had the guts to take it any farther than Colonia yet. It’s more built as a racer than an explorer but I’ve been considering this for a while now. Might have to do this myself when I get back!

Heh, you had the balls to take your iEagle further than I took mine - SagA* and Colonia with mine, a while back before extra module slots allowed the iEagle to be a tad more self-sufficient. I had a lot of fun on that trip, but by the time I got to Colonia I was in such a state my FSD was failing every other jump (I hadn't used any neutron boosting, either - just damage from pilot carelessness) and I was genuinely beginning to think I'd fall apart before I ever saw Jacques.

Respect to you...!

First time I went out past 65k in my Mk III I met up with Cmdr Draco in his Eagle. This was before engineers or jumponium so neither of us could get to Beagle, good to see the traditions being carried on.

PDr3VS9.png

Top Bottom