Imperial/Federation career

Imperial/Federation Ranks privileges:
- discounts on ship insurance based on your rank
- higher ranks able to call for NPC reinforcements and recovery/repair/refuel (rank based response time and scale) - long timeout, maybe once a month so it's limited and not abused. And because you can rank up both factions, you would have to pledge in Powerplay first to be able to use it. There could be different advantages for each faction.
- unlockable rank decals, dashboard medals
- faction addressing you by earned rank
- exclusive small modifiers too modules/weapons?
- military grade fuel - only available at controlled stations giving small boost to thrusters until depleted or topped up by standard fuel
- ‎faction locked military SRVs
- ‎when in rank locked ship - a small chance of receiving request to help in a battle in current system - rewards for responding and lowering rank progression for ignoring.

Make it a rewarding career/experience please. And thank you for all the work you've already put into Elite.

I'd like to add my support to this. I've long though this would be a good idea and would make ranks more meaningful than just an unlock for the ships. Possibly also liable for call up - consider it similar to being in the reserve navy, with responsibilities as well as privileges.

I would add to the above
- rank Bobbleheads unlocked,
- scaled, quicker and improved System Authority response if you hold a rank for that superpower
- less likely to be attacked for straying too close to a capital ship, or at least get a warning, effectively having an improved security clearance.

I like this idea. At the moment the ranks, of all types, are barely used. A few ships, a few systems, more missions.

Unique mission types would be another feature that could be added, relevant to each faction. Could also be another way of gaining rare materials, either for trade, or even engineers.

I've already said this on Twitter as a response to the OP, but figured I'd post it here and make it official.

I love these ideas! It would make sense for Naval rank to carry more weight and meaning.

Here are a few suggestions of my own that I'd like to add to the list;

-Faction specific paintjobs/ship kits, purchasable with Credits?
-Naval CMDR Uniforms, possibly with Naval Rank emblem on it that changes with rank, a la Pilot's Federation emblem!*
-Significant discount (based on rank) on rebuys for Federal and Imperial Navy pilots when rebuying/respawning in a system controlled by either respective faction, and/or on rebuys from CZs with respective faction.
-Smaller and/or additional discount if in another Faction's system (neither Federal nor Imperial), where last docked/nearest station's controlling minor faction was Imperial/Federal aligned.

- higher ranks able to call for NPC reinforcements and recovery/repair/refuel (rank based response time and scale) - long timeout, maybe once a month so it's limited and not abused. And because you can rank up both factions, you would have to pledge in Powerplay first to be able to use it.

-when in rank locked ship - a small chance of receiving request to help in a battle in current system - rewards for responding and lowering rank progression for ignoring.

I just want to add my disagreement with these two points. These should be PowerPlay only.

For the first idea in this quote, at that point it might as well be a Powerplay reward that is unlocked by high ranking with the respective Navies, but then it's no longer a Naval perk.

On the second point, that would introduce an obligation to participate in combat to maintain rank, which is what PP is all about.

IMO The only way you should lose Naval Rank, is if you participate in a CZ and team up with the opposite Navy, i.e. ;

In a Federation vs Empire CZ, teaming up with the Empire and destroying Federation ships would earn you a potential rank demotion with the Federation, forcing a player to either

a) NOT participate in Federal vs Imperial CZs, or
b) choose which Navy he/she values his/her rank in the most.

*Suggestion by OP, CMDR Ralduk

Last edited:
Top Bottom