Imperial Python: ???

I've been seeing images of a new Imperial ship, the Imperial Python. Does anyone have details on this yet? When will it be available in-game? How much will it cost? How good is it relative to other ships, especially the original python?

Thanks for your help!

PS here is a link to the image that I saw https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/4nqqhf/new_imperial_ship/

Also try this link:
https://amp-reddit-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/4nqqhf/new_imperial_ship/?usqp=mq331AQECAEYAQ%3D%3D&amp_js_v=0.1#

The post explicitly says that it is an Imperial Python.

Last edited:
I think you’ve just been seeing a Python with the tactical ice paint job.

There’s been nothing from the devs on any new Imperial ships.

I could be wrong but that looks like a normal Python with a ship kit applied (one currently in the store already).

It's the standard Python. I fly for the Empire so stamp an Imperial decal on the nose and 'viola' Imperial Python. Add in Tactical Ice for that Imperial ship look.

I could be wrong but that looks like a normal Python with a ship kit applied (one currently in the store already).

Nope. Look at the cockpit, for example. The standard python has a very square cockpit. This ship's cockpit is more curvy and has the blue trim.

Nope. Look at the cockpit, for example. The standard python has a very square cockpit. This ship's cockpit is more curvy and has the blue trim.

Not sure what you're seeing.

That's a standard Python with a Tactical Ice paint job and ship kit installed.

Also notice that the thread is over one year old.

This isn't a new ship, it's a regular Python with a ship kit and white paint job. The cockpit doesn't look any different than normal, the shadows are just causing it to seem different.

It's the standard Python. I fly for the Empire so stamp an Imperial decal on the nose and 'viola'...

iStock_000012684999Small.jpg

Or perhaps you meant 'voilà'? One is a string instrument, the other is not.

Last edited:
The only way to get the "Imperial Python" is to fly a Python and have that weird bug happen to you where an NPC spawns inside your ship on the landing pad, and the NPC happens to be an iClipper. That way, you'd get a Python with nacelles and a rounded nose.

Not sure what you're seeing.

That's a standard Python with a Tactical Ice paint job and ship kit installed.

Also notice that the thread is over one year old.

Exactly. Gutamaya is the Appointed Ship Builder of the Empire. You will never see a Delacy model/design coming out of the Imperial Shipyards. ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom