News Important Community Update (01/03)

BongoBaggins

Volunteer Moderator
And whats about landing on planets with atmosphere?
Understand I'm posting as a fan of the game here, not a representative of Frontier - I can't turn that flair off.
Frontier won't announce what's in the update until they're 100% sure they can deliver it. I don't expect we'll find out what's coming until it's ready to be released.

Understand I'm posting as a fan of the game here, not a representative of Frontier - I can't turn that flair off.
Frontier won't announce what's in the update until they're 100% sure they can deliver it. I don't expect we'll find out what's coming until it's ready to be released.
No harm in asking for an update :)

Maybe you could stop quibbling over semantics? We all want to know more, including you.

It seems like Will misspoke, then.
Erm, you know what latter means?

So Latter half means the second half or towards the end of 2020.

What we do know is;-

18th Sept - Next update - Newbie stuff, ARX and maybe some bug fixes.
October/November - (Speculation) Another Interstellar Initiative.
December (Normally been a week or two before Christmas, so they can iron out bugs) - Fleet Carriers.

What happens beyond that is anyone's guess until we see news of the 2020 update, probably at game shows later in the year.

Erm, you know what latter means?

So Latter half means the second half or towards the end of 2020.

What we do know is;-

18th Sept - Next update - Newbie stuff, ARX and maybe some bug fixes.
October/November - (Speculation) Another Interstellar Initiative.
December (Normally been a week or two before Christmas, so they can iron out bugs) - Fleet Carriers.

What happens beyond that is anyone's guess until we see news of the 2020 update, probably at game shows later in the year.
Yes, I know what "latter" means. Do you know what "by" means? Specifically, what the phrase "[x] will be done by [timeframe]" means?

Yes, I know what "latter" means. Do you know what "by" means? Specifically, what the phrase "[x] will be done by [timeframe]" means?
Where [timeframe] is a range, it can mean within that range as well as strictly before it.

If someone said "done by noon", then yes, I'd expect it to be before noon. If someone said "done by Friday", then I would certainly expect "on Friday" as a possibility.

yes ... it’s sad that the announcement of the “new era” is to wait another year, until the end of 2020. I wonder when in this case there will be a release? I do not think that before the end of 2021 - the middle of 2022 :(

Semantics be damn, the message they gave us was sometime in 2020 after June. That was the estimate at the time of April 2019. Things change, it's not science, it's art.

FDev has been consistent in providing quality of life updates (which I would have enjoyed as a new player a few months prior) and I appreciate it. That is a much better plan than having the community wait until late 2020 for a release.

So keep up the good work, FDev!

yes ... it’s sad that the announcement of the “new era” is to wait another year, until the end of 2020. I wonder when in this case there will be a release? I do not think that before the end of 2021 - the middle of 2022 :(
The update itself has been announced for the latter half of 2020.

The update itself has been announced for the latter half of 2020.
fine. in this case, only 1 year is left before the release. 12 months. 365 days (okay, a little more). 1- Until this time it must be announced . 2- release in pre-orders. 3-conduct a few beta tests (you don’t want the “new era” to come out with the same plump piece of feces as the current September update, which didn’t even seem to be tried. Or do you want to?) so what do we have? this year announced a "new era"? no, and now they aren’t announcing for sure, because all the good moments (major exhibitions) have already passed. and frontier expo will not be this year either. then the first announcements will take place no earlier than e3 2020, in the most optimistic scenario, but, in a more pragmatic, not earlier than gamescom 2020.

from gamescom 2020 until the end of the year, 3-4 months. For this, the game will not have time either to test normally or to distribute pre-orders. what is the outcome? the chance that a "new era" will appear before April-May 2021 is negligible. and in general, I will not be very surprised if, somewhere closer to winter, Will Flanagan says that they started to develop it only in August-September 2019.

Diagbar

Top Bottom