News Important Community Update (01/03)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
No, the estimated ETA has always been towards the end of 2020

Estimated by us, yes, but Will said, "we estimate this major milestone will be ready by the latter half of 2020."

My understanding is that if something is ready "by" a certain timeframe, it is ready before that timeframe begins. If I tell you I'll have something done by noon, I'll have it done before noon, not at noon or after noon.

Last edited:
Estimated by us, yes, but Will said, "we estimate this major milestone will be ready by the latter half of 2020."

My understand is that if something is ready "by" a certain timeframe, it is ready before that timeframe begins. If I tell you I'll have something done by noon, I'll have it done before noon, not at noon or after noon.
That's a very specific semantic, when it's an estimate anyway.

And whats about landing on planets with atmosphere?
Understand I'm posting as a fan of the game here, not a representative of Frontier - I can't turn that flair off.
Frontier won't announce what's in the update until they're 100% sure they can deliver it. I don't expect we'll find out what's coming until it's ready to be released.

Understand I'm posting as a fan of the game here, not a representative of Frontier - I can't turn that flair off.
Frontier won't announce what's in the update until they're 100% sure they can deliver it. I don't expect we'll find out what's coming until it's ready to be released.

No harm in asking for an update :)

Maybe you could stop quibbling over semantics? We all want to know more, including you.

It seems like Will misspoke, then.

Erm, you know what latter means?

So Latter half means the second half or towards the end of 2020.

What we do know is;-

18th Sept - Next update - Newbie stuff, ARX and maybe some bug fixes.
October/November - (Speculation) Another Interstellar Initiative.
December (Normally been a week or two before Christmas, so they can iron out bugs) - Fleet Carriers.

What happens beyond that is anyone's guess until we see news of the 2020 update, probably at game shows later in the year.

Erm, you know what latter means?

So Latter half means the second half or towards the end of 2020.

What we do know is;-

18th Sept - Next update - Newbie stuff, ARX and maybe some bug fixes.
October/November - (Speculation) Another Interstellar Initiative.
December (Normally been a week or two before Christmas, so they can iron out bugs) - Fleet Carriers.

What happens beyond that is anyone's guess until we see news of the 2020 update, probably at game shows later in the year.

Yes, I know what "latter" means. Do you know what "by" means? Specifically, what the phrase "[x] will be done by [timeframe]" means?

Yes, I know what "latter" means. Do you know what "by" means? Specifically, what the phrase "[x] will be done by [timeframe]" means?
Where [timeframe] is a range, it can mean within that range as well as strictly before it.

If someone said "done by noon", then yes, I'd expect it to be before noon. If someone said "done by Friday", then I would certainly expect "on Friday" as a possibility.

yes ... it’s sad that the announcement of the “new era” is to wait another year, until the end of 2020. I wonder when in this case there will be a release? I do not think that before the end of 2021 - the middle of 2022 :(

Semantics be damn, the message they gave us was sometime in 2020 after June. That was the estimate at the time of April 2019. Things change, it's not science, it's art.

FDev has been consistent in providing quality of life updates (which I would have enjoyed as a new player a few months prior) and I appreciate it. That is a much better plan than having the community wait until late 2020 for a release.

So keep up the good work, FDev!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom