News Important Community Update (01/03)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
yes ... it’s sad that the announcement of the “new era” is to wait another year, until the end of 2020. I wonder when in this case there will be a release? I do not think that before the end of 2021 - the middle of 2022 :(

The update itself has been announced for the latter half of 2020.

The update itself has been announced for the latter half of 2020.

fine. in this case, only 1 year is left before the release. 12 months. 365 days (okay, a little more). 1- Until this time it must be announced . 2- release in pre-orders. 3-conduct a few beta tests (you don’t want the “new era” to come out with the same plump piece of feces as the current September update, which didn’t even seem to be tried. Or do you want to?) so what do we have? this year announced a "new era"? no, and now they aren’t announcing for sure, because all the good moments (major exhibitions) have already passed. and frontier expo will not be this year either. then the first announcements will take place no earlier than e3 2020, in the most optimistic scenario, but, in a more pragmatic, not earlier than gamescom 2020.

from gamescom 2020 until the end of the year, 3-4 months. For this, the game will not have time either to test normally or to distribute pre-orders. what is the outcome? the chance that a "new era" will appear before April-May 2021 is negligible. and in general, I will not be very surprised if, somewhere closer to winter, Will Flanagan says that they started to develop it only in August-September 2019.

Diagbar

and will be next year (We've already booked the hotel) and if Frontier keep to form, then we'll know something more then.

as this year, the maximum that you will learn at lavecon 2020 is a short teaser of one of the free mini add-ons. most likely, it will be open only powerplay which the fd has been talking about for a long time.

Diagbar

as this year, the maximum that you will learn at lavecon 2020 is a short teaser of one of the free mini add-ons. most likely, it will be open only powerplay which the fd has been talking about for a long time.

Diagbar
I'm not saying anything more to you as you've obviously made your mind up about the situation. BTW, You go try to talk to about the powerplay and you'll get nothing but grief.

fine. in this case, only 1 year is left before the release. 12 months. 365 days (okay, a little more). 1- Until this time it must be announced . 2- release in pre-orders. 3-conduct a few beta tests (you don’t want the “new era” to come out with the same plump piece of feces as the current September update, which didn’t even seem to be tried. Or do you want to?) so what do we have? this year announced a "new era"? no, and now they aren’t announcing for sure, because all the good moments (major exhibitions) have already passed. and frontier expo will not be this year either. then the first announcements will take place no earlier than e3 2020, in the most optimistic scenario, but, in a more pragmatic, not earlier than gamescom 2020.

from gamescom 2020 until the end of the year, 3-4 months. For this, the game will not have time either to test normally or to distribute pre-orders. what is the outcome? the chance that a "new era" will appear before April-May 2021 is negligible. and in general, I will not be very surprised if, somewhere closer to winter, Will Flanagan says that they started to develop it only in August-September 2019.

Diagbar

How did you come to those fantasy numbers? The distribution of pre-orders for a digital product won't take half a year. :D No idea why you think it will be delayed until May 2021 because of that.

And development didn't start a couple of weeks ago, the "New Era" was in full production as early as August 2018.

How did you come to those fantasy numbers? The distribution of pre-orders for a digital product won't take half a year. :D No idea why you think it will be delayed until May 2021 because of that.

And development didn't start a couple of weeks ago, the "New Era" was in full production as early as August 2018.
and why did you decide that the "new era" entered the "full production" in August 2018? Do you have any evidence of this?
a short teaser or a couple of screenshots? already a year has passed after all.
please show me them :)
but somehow, you know, the words fd do not cause much confidence, if only because the same David Braben said back in 2016.
Yes We have ongoing work on planets, including atmospheres, planetary life, walking about and lots of other very exciting things for the future.
3.5 years have passed since then, but not a single proof of the authenticity of his words.
please prove that I'm wrong, provide an official short teaser or a couple of screenshots of the “new era”.

Diagbar

So if you didn't believe the fact that Zac announced it last year, nothing will convince you otherwise. Mind you people thought they weren't doing anything about Fleet Carriers and then look what happened there. It is frustrating at the moment because it feels like there's a content drought for long time players. I.e. Nothing in the last patch and no new interstellar initiative.

and why did you decide that the "new era" entered the "full production" in August 2018? Do you have any evidence of this?
a short teaser or a couple of screenshots? already a year has passed after all.
please show me them :)
but somehow, you know, the words fd do not cause much confidence, if only because the same David Braben said back in 2016.
Yes We have ongoing work on planets, including atmospheres, planetary life, walking about and lots of other very exciting things for the future.
3.5 years have passed since then, but not a single proof of the authenticity of his words.
please prove that I'm wrong, provide an official short teaser or a couple of screenshots of the “new era”.

Diagbar

Here you go (from August 31st 2018):

[...]

We do have one exciting piece of news to share that to date, we have not shared with our community. A while ago, our development went from pre-production into full production on our next major milestone of Elite development.

[...]

Obviously I don't have a teaser or screenshots, but even if I did I don't know how that would prove when Frontier went into full production.

Here you go (from August 31st 2018):

Obviously I don't have a teaser or screenshots, but even if I did I don't know how that would prove when Frontier went into full production.
but ... that is, your judgments are based on bare faith (well, I don’t know how a religious fanatic is any)?
ok, got you.

Diagbar

but ... that is, your judgments are based on bare faith (well, I don’t know how a religious fanatic is any)?
ok, got you.

Diagbar

That's true, but neither do you have any proof that production started just a couple of days ago. So we now have two contradictory statements and no evidence for either of them. In that case I use my own brain to figure out which option seem more reasonable to me.

It's perfectly fine if you come to a different conclusion, but that alone doesn't convince me to change my mind.

sollisb

Banned
That's true, but neither do you have any proof that production started just a couple of days ago. So we now have two contradictory statements and no evidence for either of them. In that case I use my own brain to figure out which option seem more reasonable to me.

It's perfectly fine if you come to a different conclusion, but that alone doesn't convince me to change my mind.

I actually do believe they did start way back when. However I'm more concerned that the release of it will be unholy, unmitigated disaster. FD have proven time and again, they are unable to test or quality control.

I actually do believe they did start way back when. However I'm more concerned that the release of it will be unholy, unmitigated disaster. FD have proven time and again, they are unable to test or quality control.
I agree, in fact, fd has slipped to the level of bethesda with f76 and bioware with anthem.
especially noticeable with the September update, which seems to have not even been tested.

I tend to disagree. Will there be bugs? Sure. But I don't think it will have as many show stoppers as the September update just had. Frontier know how important the 2020 update is for Elite and I expect more emphasis on QA than we've seen the last couple of days.

All the games Frontier have released over the last couple of years have been in a very playable state, to put it unnecessarily vaguely. :p

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom