News Important Community Update

So more promises and less delivery from FDev. Just another day. Dissappointed, but coming to expect that these days. I can see why the number of players is dwindling

They said they trade Carriers in Q4 for different, still revealed new gameplay. Basically they added some new things they will reveal soon.

They essentially will deliver more.

I don't usually write on forums but...? to be honest I am deeply disappointed. Can't even find the words to describe it. Elite was a game that I loved, that I thought to be the best game I ever bought... this is not what that game represented back when I bought it. I am sorry, i know the amount of work and love you put into the game, but this is simply unnacceptable.

Not really understanding what is unacceptable? Really curious.

We will have more details on exactly what this means and how the era will roll out after the release of Beyond – Chapter Four, but this does mark some exciting next steps and a continued commitment to the long term vision for the game and our community.

giphy.gif

I'm excited for whatever comes next. I only started my journey at the beginning of the year, so I missed out on a lot of the earlier excitement.

That said, when I saw the "important update" while reading the forums and read the first few sentences, I feared I was reading Elite's obituary. So glad I was wrong! :D

Are the carriers still planned as a group-only content (as it was said back then, the group needs a minimal amount of members to buy one), or will we the lone wolves also able to get one? I would'nt mind it to be premium content, but only if it's purchasable in solo.

Thanks Zac. I know that many people will read this and wonder what it means for the proposed Powerplay rework. Can we expect this in the Q4 update, or has it been pushed back or shelved?

If this means that the game will be better, and less grinds then yes please. Legs and atmosphere planets are great but really, less grindy would be better. The amount of guardian blueprints required for the ships for example. But legs, yes please. I'd like to step out of the ship and fall into the gravity of a planet, trying to grab a canister.

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
I don't usually write on forums but...? to be honest I am deeply disappointed. Can't even find the words to describe it. Elite was a game that I loved, that I thought to be the best game I ever bought... this is not what that game represented back when I bought it. I am sorry, i know the amount of work and love you put into the game, but this is simply unnacceptable.

Hey Tuntemetas,

I'm sorry to hear you're disappointed. What specifically was it that you were unhappy with?

Zac, last question from me - if you can answer that - will FD reveal way next paid for dlcs will be published this year (without touching upon content)? Or at least can you confirm you have figured out internally how you will do it? :)

Thanks Zac. I know that many people will read this and wonder what it means for the proposed Powerplay rework. Can we expect this in the Q4 update, or has it been pushed back or shelved?

You beat me to it by one post.

The Focused Feedback threads were fairly conclusive and definitely "passionate". Will any of this be making it into Q4... or anywhere?

Top Bottom