Important detail when people go on rides

On the latest live stream of the alpha I noticed when people went on and off the rollercoaster instead of actually going through the gates they just disappeared and reappeared on the ride. When the game is complete will we see them actually going in and moving to their seat on a ride and stuff like that? I just think that's a nice thing to see when you've created this park and see everyone getting on.

On the Flatrides it is a bit more Detailed, because they walk to the Ride itself after exiting the Queue, but instantly pop in to their seats like they do when they enter the Rollercoaster. I too would love to see that additional detail. Peeps looking for their seats, Couples sitting together chatting. Oh and another thing. Backpack storage? You know, normally people come to Parks with Rucksacks and alike. Bigger Coasters have the ability to store your stuff. Can we have that too please? :D

On the latest live stream of the alpha I noticed when people went on and off the rollercoaster instead of actually going through the gates they just disappeared and reappeared on the ride. When the game is complete will we see them actually going in and moving to their seat on a ride and stuff like that? I just think that's a nice thing to see when you've created this park and see everyone getting on.
In the current alpha -- at least for flat rides -- the guests will go through the gates and run to their seats. There's no animation of them getting into their seat directly; they get as close as possible, then 'pop' into their seat with a nice animation. The devs have said that this is by design, as creating animations for all guest body types and for all rides would take far too long and would be a waste of resource. Instead, the 'pop' is tailored for the type of seat, and seat types are shared across rides, which is a nice win for the animators. I think it looks rather nice.

As for the rollercoaster, expect to see something similar. It was originally not intended to be part of the first alpha, and was enabled last-minute, so I expect the lack of animation is simply because it isn't finished yet.

I imagine they'll do something like this later in the alpha/beta phases. They've stated before that a vast majority of the peep animations are still being worked on and are not in the game yet. I hope they take the time to make the peeps seem as alive as possible.

I don't think we are going to see peeps entering the rides and adjusting their seats etc. Too much work for animation, for too little benefit.

What I would love to see though is peeps, queuing, running to their seats (already in), and then naturally moving to the exit from their seats and re-entering the path (not in)..

It would be interesting also to see whether the big empty space in the rollercoasters stations we see now is going to be used for people waiting to get in.

Top Bottom