Update Important News about Dinosaur Sizing

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
If your video is "true" then it'll blow up and debunk any other theories... Thus far it hasn't.

And majority rules has nothing to do with moral. The term is not "morality rules"...

First, whether or not it will "blow up" depends, not as much on whether it's true or not (and noting that it is definitely true and I don't understand why you're trying this hard to deny it, nor have you addressed any of the contents in the video and explained why they are supposedly false), but rather upon whether or not anybody will pick up on it and bring it into other people's attention (as always), not to mention how recent these details are. Second, I never said that "majority rules" had anything to do with morality, the example I gave was a moral issue, but it was intended to be a clear example of the logical fallacy that is this "majority rules" or appeal to majority/popularity argument. I could use countless other examples, such as this one, consider that everyone says "consuming cyanide is good for your health", does the fact that everyone else says this actually make it true? Of course it doesn't! Do you understand what a logical fallacy is?

First, whether or not it will "blow up" depends, not as much on whether it's true or not (and noting that it is definitely true and I don't understand why you're trying this hard to deny it, nor have you addressed any of the contents in the video and explained why they are supposedly false), but rather upon whether or not anybody will pick up on it and bring it into other people's attention (as always), not to mention how recent these details are. Second, I never said that "majority rules" had anything to do with morality, the example I gave was a moral issue, but it was intended to be a clear example of the logical fallacy that is this "majority rules" or appeal to majority/popularity argument. I could use countless other examples, such as this one, consider that everyone says "consuming cyanide is good for your health", does the fact that everyone else says this actually make it true? Of course it doesn't! Do you understand what a logical fallacy is?

Truth has nothing to do with majority rules?? It’s a term created for people of the same believe and orientation. And that’s exactly why everybody wanted the size changes...
If the majority wanted to use cyanide, then majority rules. Whether it’s healthy or not.

And yes the truth always comes out, so yes it’ll blow up if all the evidence points in that direction. And I watched the video. It was not really enjoyable, since it’s just an amateur video... And the fact that all his vids are about the Rex and hating on everything else, makes it very biased.

Hello, it's been 3 month since i last came here you can see my last post page 9. The 30th of august. Since then i see that some people here still debate, this is cool, looks like you are really passionate.
Personnally i'm still happy about the size changes, and all the cool stuff we got during the time.
Keep the debate positive and keep in mind that JP dinos are holywood creatures, not real dinos. Which is why spino, indo should be bigger than t-rex. And giga, he won our hearth when we were childs, so this is why it's ok for him to be this big.
Another stuff i want to talk about, is the size of the dinosaures in the database of the game/hatchery informations of the dinosaur. They are just irrelevant. For example it states that orolotitan is smaller than all the hadrosaurs but when it hatch and walk side by side of another hadrosaur, he is just huge. He's like the t-rex of hadrosaurs (before the update of september) but i'm ok with him being this huge.
Fixe the sizes informations of the dinos in the database, make it coherent with the size they have in game. you've done it with the theropods, now do it for the other species.

I'll make sure to post it somewhere else for it to be seen. I know other people with basic obersation skills noticed that

Thanks and bye :)

Hello, it's been 3 month since i last came here you can see my last post page 9. The 30th of august. Since then i see that some people here still debate, this is cool, looks like you are really passionate.
Personnally i'm still happy about the size changes, and all the cool stuff we got during the time.
Keep the debate positive and keep in mind that JP dinos are holywood creatures, not real dinos. Which is why spino, indo should be bigger than t-rex. And giga, he won our hearth when we were childs, so this is why it's ok for him to be this big.
Another stuff i want to talk about, is the size of the dinosaures in the database of the game/hatchery informations of the dinosaur. They are just irrelevant. For example it states that orolotitan is smaller than all the hadrosaurs but when it hatch and walk side by side of another hadrosaur, he is just huge. He's like the t-rex of hadrosaurs (before the update of september) but i'm ok with him being this huge.
Fixe the sizes informations of the dinos in the database, make it coherent with the size they have in game. you've done it with the theropods, now do it for the other species.

I'll make sure to post it somewhere else for it to be seen. I know other people with basic obersation skills noticed that

YES! Most of the herbivore sizes are way off.

I stopped responding a while back, and gave up the last word. But that wasn’t enough apparently, so the ranting started again...

Truth has nothing to do with majority rules?? It’s a term created for people of the same believe and orientation. And that’s exactly why everybody wanted the size changes...
If the majority wanted to use cyanide, then majority rules. Whether it’s healthy or not.

And yes the truth always comes out, so yes it’ll blow up if all the evidence points in that direction. And I watched the video. It was not really enjoyable, since it’s just an amateur video... And the fact that all his vids are about the Rex and hating on everything else, makes it very biased.

Noting that the context of your earlier response "You have one video against hundreds of posts, studies and articles. Majority rules..." made it seem like you suggested that if the majority says "this animal is bigger than this animal" then it would follow that this shared statement would also be true, which of course is a logical fallacy. The way you're speaking about it now makes it rather confusing. And I repeat once more, the evidence do point in the direction as presented in the video (seeing as he's still citing actual data and I still don't see why you take issue with this, you can simply disregard his own video summary and just check his sources), however whether or not it will "blow up" still depends on whether or not it gets picked up on. If it doesn't get picked up, then it will go unnoticed by most media outlets and the general public (which generally doesn't care about and often doesn't comprehend or take in such careful details as presented in the video).

Further noting that the video is not as much meant to be enjoyable as it is meant to be educational, and compared to most videos you'll find on size representations of theropods and other dinosaurs, this video is hardly made by an amateur considering he actually goes into detail, presenting actual current data, and cites his sources. Also, you're straight up lying when you say that "all his videos concerns T-rex", because the majority of his videos do not have anything to do with T-rex, but in fact a lot of it concerns dinosaurs in general (though it's clear that T-rex becomes a special topic since it is the most well-known and most interesting dinosaur available), and even if they were all about T-rex that would not automatically discredit him nor the contents being discussed. Please be clear, what is it that Vividen is supposedly "hating on" (especially considering you claimed that he's "hating on everything else")? If all of these [false] claims of yours were true, then yes, he would have been very biased, but that's not the case now is it. Reminding you also that you still have not addressed the contents of the aforementioned video and properly explained why you take issue with it. I'm noticing some discomfort and desperation here.

Last edited:

Welcome back to the party! ;-)

Noting again that with Spino being merely 13.1 (or 11.2 even) meters long and Rexy being 13.4 or 13.5 meters long and standing taller than Spino and being heavier than Spino would clearly make the case that the JP3 Spino is in fact NOT bigger than the JP T-rex. Indominus is definitely bigger than both though. And while I enjoyed the hype of the oversized Giga from my childhood as well, I don't think continuing such old ideas is good, especially when Giga has yet to appear in the JP cinematic universe.

YES! Most of the herbivore sizes are way off.

I stopped responding a while back, and gave up the last word. But that wasn’t enough apparently, so the ranting started again...

What wasn't "enough"? Also why are we suddenly complaining about herbivore sizes when we have still not cleared up the fact that we've got a Spino and a Giga that are bigger than a T-rex?

Last edited:
What wasn't "enough"? Also why are we suddenly complaining about herbivore sizes when we have still not cleared up the fact that we've got a Spino and a Giga that are bigger than a T-rex?

We’re talking about the herbivores now, because the Giga and Spino are NOT bigger than the Rex. They are equal size. Not bigger.

And also because I’m done arguing with you. You refer to one video and the entire community refers to many different sources. And personally I don’t care. I didn’t even care in the first place... I just thought they were hilariously small compared to the Jurassic Canon. They say in the movie the Indominous has the size of a Giga and strength of a Rex. Which means, that in the canon Giga is similar size. And in all the canon sizetables, the Spino is same size as well. But I never complained about the original sizes...

I left the conversation weeks ago, but suddenly you come back to cry AGAIN. Stating you can’t even open the links... Whaaat.

MAJORITY RULES and they won’t be changed.

Last edited:
We’re talking about the herbivores now, because the Giga and Spino are NOT bigger than the Rex. They are equal size. Not bigger.

And also because I’m done arguing with you. You refer to one video and the entire community refers to many different sources. And personally I don’t care. I didn’t even care in the first place... I just thought they were hilariously small compared to the Jurassic Canon. They say in the movie the Indominous has the size of a Giga and strength of a Rex. Which means, that in the canon Giga is similar size. And in all the canon sizetables, the Spino is same size as well. But I never complained about the original sizes...

I left the conversation weeks ago, but suddenly you come back to cry AGAIN. Stating you can’t even open the links... Whaaat.

MAJORITY RULES and they won’t be changed.

My point is, why are you complaining about inappropriate sizes for herbivores when these theropods are still of inappropriate sizes? We're not talking about herbivores now, try to get a sense of reality please, as this entire thread has been about the aforementioned theropods, and yes, the Giga and the Spino has been scaled up to the point that they now indeed do appear bigger than the T-rex (they're certainly not of equal size that's for sure) and that ought to be fixed first or else why bother about changing the sizes of any animals?

If you're done arguing with me then why do you continue the conversation? You can't keep this "you got one video and I got many sources" going, because as has been already clarified multiple times by now, all of your sources were of absolutely no value at all as they were simply random media hype propagating the same false information as always, and just because you had a multitude of them certainly doesn't give them any more value, whereas the single video I've provided is simply a short summary of actual current verifiable data and I certainly don't need multiple articles saying the same thing in order to believe it, but I can simply check its sources and see that it's correct. Also noting that if you don't even care then why do you even come back and starts repeating the same defensive speech even though I've just carefully debunked each and every one of your links. You can't keep ignoring this. It will do no good.

Also, no, they don't say in the movie that Indominus was the size of Giga, that was taken from a piece of promotional material outside of the film (which stated that Indominus supposedly got its size from Giga, however that doesn't really make sense as Giga is no bigger than T-rex). The Giga in the game is far bigger than any Giga we know, and as already clarified multiple times before the Spino is also smaller (that includes shorter) than T-rex in all available size charts. It's good if you didn't complain about the original sizes, that was a silly issue to begin with.

So you left the conversation, why did you come back? I didn't come back to cry like a child and be all defensive however (unlike other people), but rather to clarify exactly why your wall of links was absolutely worthless, as I probably should have done earlier. And yes, as explained earlier, I couldn't open the links because of a misunderstanding, since the forum shortens the links and I copy pasted them, though this was clearly corrected and it didn't make your case any better.

Never say never buddy! Besides, I still have the right to voice my opinion regardless if anybody agrees with me or not. Trying to silence me will be all in vain. ;-)

Last edited:
My point is, why are you complaining about inappropriate sizes for herbivores when these theropods are still of inappropriate sizes? We're not talking about herbivores now, try to get a sense of reality please, as this entire thread has been about the aforementioned theropods, and yes, the Giga and the Spino has been scaled up to the point that they now indeed do appear bigger than the T-rex (they're certainly not of equal size that's for sure) and that ought to be fixed first or else why bother about changing the sizes of any animals?

If you're done arguing with me then why do you continue the conversation? You can't keep this "you got one video and I got many sources" going, because as has been already clarified multiple times by now, all of your sources were of absolutely no value at all as they were simply random media hype propagating the same false information as always, and just because you had a multitude of them certainly doesn't give them any more value, whereas the single video I've provided is simply a short summary of actual current verifiable data and I certainly don't need multiple articles saying the same thing in order to believe it, but I can simply check its sources and see that it's correct. Also noting that if you don't even care then why do you even come back and starts repeating the same defensive speech even though I've just carefully debunked each and every one of your links. You can't keep ignoring this. It will do no good.

Also, no, they don't say in the movie that Indominus was the size of Giga, that was taken from a piece of promotional material outside of the film (which stated that Indominus supposedly got its size from Giga, however that doesn't really make sense as Giga is no bigger than T-rex). The Giga in the game is far bigger than any Giga we know, and as already clarified multiple times before the Spino is also smaller (that includes shorter) than T-rex in all available size charts. It's good if you didn't complain about the original sizes, that was a silly issue to begin with.

So you left the conversation, why did you come back? I didn't come back to cry like a child and be all defensive however (unlike other people), but rather to clarify exactly why your wall of links was absolutely worthless, as I probably should have done earlier. And yes, as explained earlier, I couldn't open the links because of a misunderstanding, since the forum shortens the links and I copy pasted them, though this was clearly corrected and it didn't make your case any better.

Never say never buddy! Besides, I still have the right to voice my opinion regardless if anybody agrees with me or not. Trying to silence me will be all in vain. ;-)

Who decided this post was only for the Rex?? It's a topic about dinosaur sizes in the game... Spoiler alert, T-Rex is not the only dinosaur in the game. That's why we're talking about them. I didn't even mention them first... I just think we can all agree, that people are getting tired of this, over an issue the team already stated will NOT be changed. So yes I have a sense of reality. Rex is not the only dinosaur in this game, and this thread is not your exclusive playground.
And again NO, the Giga and Spino are NOT bigger than the Rex. Look at the size chart Frontier released after the changes??

diy6XHO.png

The Spino is way smaller... Maybe you should look at the sizes before bashing them. And again, they already changed them first! Now it's time to look at the other faulty sizes. That's why the herbivores are next.

I didn't continue the conversation. I stopped it weeks ago and then YOU came back ranting about all the articles being invalid. Which is fine, but again, if your little video is true, it'll blow up.

And yes I can keep this "one video" argument going like you keep the "invalid" argument going for everything thrown against you. I have more faith in the likes of National Geographic, Science Illustrated etc than I have in a fanmade video from an amateur. I always will. People put everything online... Gotta have some sort of filter.
And source checking doesn't make anything correct. Your source is not more correct than the ones I have. You just believe in the minority instead, which is your choice.
So if I noted some paleontologist that you've never met or know anything about, the stuff would suddenly be valid? FOH.

I debunked your amateur video as well, so please provide some professional material supporting your cause.

"Its large size is attributed to Giganotosaurus.[2]"
"Hybrid of Giganotosaurus[1][2][3] + Majungasaurus[1][3] + Carnotaurus[1][2] + Rugops[1] + Therizinosaurus[2] + Tyrannosaurus rex + Velociraptor + Deinosuchus[4] + Cuttlefish + Tree frog[5] + Pit viper[2] + Unspecified number of modern animals[3]"

It does make perfect sense, if Giga is the same size in the canon as it is all over the world. So yes it does make perfect sense... It just doesn't make sense compared to your video.

To answer your question, I came back because YOU responded AGAIN to my old post. Why did YOU come back?? To keep repeating that your video is the only valid thing about dinosaur sizes on the entire internet... Wow.
You came back to an old outdated thread, where you were told that the sizes will NOT be changed. You just couldn't let it go.

You didn't clarify anything. You just said they weren't believable, exactly like I did with your vid. Just because you say stuff isn't true, doesn't mean it's like that. You still haven't proved anything.

And why are we even talking about science here, when the dinosaurs in the whole canon are NOTHING like the real thing? Jurassic canon isn't science. It's man-made themepark monsters. The Spino looks totally different from what it looked like in real life, so there's no point in discussing "actual" data, when it has nothing to do with Jurassic World.
Then you would want your Rex to look like this: https://sauriangame.squarespace.com/blog/2018/9/20/tyrannosaurus-redesign-2018
But you don't talk about the fact, that it looks nothing like a real Rex. Only the size...

Yes I can see silencing you will not happen, as you will just continue when everybody has left the thread, so please close this thread. We already got our answer from Frontier. They will not be changed back. THANK GOD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because this discussion is leading to nothing and Frontier already stated that they will not revert the sizes, I go ahead and close this thread now with a quote from Paul_Crowther earlier in this thread.

We have no plans to revert the dinosaur size changes or to make additional size changes. Our community were very vocal that the sizes were not what they wanted previously and we have now taken the necessary steps to address these concerns. This has been met with great support by the majority of our players.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom