News Important Newsletter Information

Slopey

Volunteer Moderator
Fdev are being smart and getting this out there early. Expect similar mails and needing to give consent for all sorts of things from virtually every company in the next couple of months

Implementation date for GPDR is 28th May 2018. There'll likely be a deluge nearer the time.

Can't see the email and I've checked my deleted and junk mail.
Any chance of simply attaching a LINK to the opening post?

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Hello everyone,

I can confirm that this is not a phishing attempt and it really is me, Will, posting this. As Shanaeri mentioned, this is ‘to do with GDPR which is a new European directive that dictates and determines how personal data is stored and processed.

This is not a breach and is something that is required of us by new European law. We have been assured that your information is absolutely secure. As an extra layer of security, we are currently working with our email service provider to add the SSL to the domain.

It’s likely you’ll receive an email from us asking to register your email with us (similar to the content already posted in the OP). Our original intention in posting this thread was to confirm that any email you receive about this (from Frontier) is from Frontier!

How does this work, exactly? My email address that I actually monitor is not the same email address that would be registered to my CMDR through Xbox Live. So how do I get the decal & paint job?
I would recommend signing up with whichever email you use. The decal and Paint Job codes will be emailed out at a later date.

PC only? How about PS4 commanders?
This offer is for all players on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

And just to confirm it really is me...

u82dZpT.jpg

Hello everyone,

I can confirm that this is not a phishing attempt and it really is me, Will, posting this. As Shanaeri mentioned, this is ‘to do with GDPR which is a new European directive that dictates and determines how personal data is stored and processed.

This is not a breach and is something that is required of us by new European law. We have been assured that your information is absolutely secure. As an extra layer of security, we are currently working with our email service provider to add the SSL to the domain.

It’s likely you’ll receive an email from us asking to register your email with us (similar to the content already posted in the OP). Our original intention in posting this thread was to confirm that any email you receive about this (from Frontier) is from Frontier!

I would recommend signing up with whichever email you use. The decal and Paint Job codes will be emailed out at a later date.

Thanks Will, I appreciated your posting this thread (and only received the e-mail this morning and ignored) but you gloss over what the addy will be used for. I'm happy to continue to receive the newsletter but not promotional stuff. If there is no separation I'd rather not receive anything.

Hello everyone,

There's something deeply disturbing about how Ed's holding that fork! :eek: :D

Hello everyone,

Held hostage at forkpoint - seems about right for a hostage liberation mission... :D

Hello everyone,

Damn it! Not a single concept tease in the background...

Hello everyone,

Now all the Americans here are suspicious as it is nowhere near September yet.

Greetings commanders,

You might have received a new email from us recently explaining that we'll need you to re-register your email with us if you want to continue to receive emails from Frontier Developments. If you haven't received it, check the details below because you can land yourself a free decal and Anaconda Paint Job for simply signing up!

From time to time we’d like to send you news, offers and discounts about things that we think might be relevant to you. In order to continue receiving emails from us, we’ll need you to complete our super-simple sign up form here.

We understand that completing an email sign up form isn’t quite as exciting as being hyperdicted by a Thargoid Medusa or completing that final run to rank up that extra tier in a Community Goal, so we’re giving everyone who completes the form a free decal and Anaconda Paint Job, just for signing up! It’s our way of saying thank you for being a part of this very awesome community.

These digital goodies will be delivered straight into your account once our Q4 update goes live.

We always want you to enjoy receiving emails from us whether it’s newsletters, big announcements or special discounts of upcoming games but if you ever decide you don’t want to receive emails, you can unsubscribe at any time - just follow the link at the bottom of any email we send.

Will

I am so glad you posted this, because I came to the Forums looking to check and see if this was legit.

Hello everyone,

Looks like a hostage with a statement under duress

:p

So do you confirm this is not a phishing attempt?
I’m not doing this for this 3 reasons:

1 - No https in the link Seem to be very suspicious...

2 - Email address of last fdev newsletter: newsletters@email-frontier.co.uk
email address from this newsletter: newsletters@email-elitedangerous.com

3 - newsletter link of old emails from fdev: https://email-frontier.co.uk/
link on this newsletter: https://email-elitedangerous.com/

Anyone else had same suspects about this 3 points?

Hello,

I agree, it is looking so mutch like a phishing attempt !
I will look for official confirm message twice before any click.

Regards,

Top Bottom