News Important Newsletter Information

I wasn't aware you could have more than one account on the same addy, but I guess the Xbox live ID counts as the unique identifier on one of them.

I know Positively you can have more than one account going to the same address But it really depends on your Email provider.
An example of this Is with Gmail.
Account#1= Account@gmail.com
Account#2= A.ccount@gmail.com
Both of these accounts will send an email to Account@gmail.com

This can also be used to rat out which websites are giving your email to spam bots. As google ignores any dots in your.name before the @gmail

Last edited:
I thought it was pretty clear from that sentence what will happen if you don't re-register your e-mail!

No, it's not... pretty clear. What does "continue to receive e-mails" exactly mean?

Will I be unsubscribed only from promotional e-mails, like FDEV trying to sell me some Type-10 spoiler over the spoiler, or also from the newsletters related to a certain game?

I still have an account with FDEV, which is registered, you guessed it, under my e-mail address, and I'd like to believe that this account will still remain active. Will I still receive e-mail notifications, if I ever decide to give this wonderful company more money, about the product I just bought? What about account password resets, those work via e-mail too?

And when exactly is this automatic unsubscription supposed to happen? No mention of a date in the OP. And I have still received the newsletters so far.

No, it's not... pretty clear. What does "continue to receive e-mails" exactly mean?

Will I be unsubscribed only from promotional e-mails, like FDEV trying to sell me some Type-10 spoiler over the spoiler, or also from the newsletters related to a certain game?

I still have an account with FDEV, which is registered, you guessed it, under my e-mail address, and I'd like to believe that this account will still remain active. Will I still receive e-mail notifications, if I ever decide to give this wonderful company more money, about the product I just bought? What about account password resets, those work via e-mail too?

And when exactly is this automatic unsubscription supposed to happen? No mention of a date in the OP. And I have still received the newsletters so far.

I e-mailed Will about this & it's just to carry on as before, if you don't agree they will no longer e-mail you anything from the auto-mailer.

In my case I was happy to continue to receive newsletters but not promotional material. The newsletter is promotional material though, so I just re-subscribed & if it becomes a problem will unsubscribe then.

I've had this same basic request from several companies, including Google & Microsoft. It's a legal formality (for them) and you are not committing to anything extra.

I would still welcome if the form was on and submitted over an HTTPS connection… it's just a mail address, but there's such a thing as principles.

VbwSRef.jpg

Already bought the kit, plus golden paintjob for my previous cmdr. Since clearing that save last month I went straight for the corvette instead. Enjoying it more than I had the anaconda (even for exploring, lol).

Wait. After clearing your save you accessed and outfitted the Corvette within a month?... I must be doing something wrong. How do you rank/credit grind that quickly?

Wait. After clearing your save you accessed and outfitted the Corvette within a month?... I must be doing something wrong. How do you rank/credit grind that quickly?
*good 6 weeks to be exact.

With the release of the 3.0 reward choices the Sothis/Ceos rep grind made it possible to go from Rank None to Admiral in less than 6 in-game hours, with a similar rep grind possible in another two systems I can't remember the names of for the Imp Ranks (which took only about 4 hours to reach King). That also gained me around 60-70 million credits in the process. The rest of the ~200 million budget (using discounts of course!) I already had from my 35k Ly nebula tour I had done two weeks prior, plus some other delivery missions and a bit of bounty hunting. Including the exploration tour, took approx. a good 150 in-game hours until I was in the corvette as I never anticipated unlocking one originally. If I had gone straight for the corvette from the start of that save, then <40h for sure (do the rank grind, then the road to riches for example). Unfortunately grinding the ranks isn't that quick anymore AFAIK.

Mind you, that's "grinding" the game to unlock content based on my previous ~900 hours of game play experience on my prior CMDR save, as well as having a lot of time on my hands.

The long shadow of GDPR.
Not that long. Especially since Frontier doesn't care for laws anyway. They were informed of using an void (speak: illegal) Privacy Policy in 2015 and have not given a fork about it since then. I believe not caring at all for things coming from the EU is a common issue with people from that Island that still has a royal family.

Now caring for that Newsletter is kind of a joke.

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
[FONT=museo_sans300]404[/FONT]
[h=1]It's missing![/h][h=2]Whatever's supposed to be here, isn't here.[/h]Either we've lost a page, or we've directed you somewhere that never existed. We've been notified of this oversight, and we'll fix it really soon.

:(

I signed up yesterday, did not know about the free goodies, two questions:

1. Is this offer also for Xbox owners?
2. Do I get extra free goodies as I signed up without being bribed? :D

Darkspire

Top Bottom