ANNOUNCEMENT Important: Update 1.5 coming soon!

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Hello park managers!

We're excited to share some amazing news with you: the next update for Jurassic World Evolution is on its way to the islands!

LeadersResized.png

More importantly, we are combining the free update with some very special paid content, which we will reveal more of later this week! First, we wanted to tell you all about what's coming for free to all JWE players:

Additions to Dinosaur Behaviours
After looking at all of your feedback since launch, we've been working on improvements to dinosaurs and their behaviours. We're happy to announce that we're adding two highly requested additions: Group Leaders, which means dinosaurs will now look for an existing group leader and follow their behaviour, actively keeping the dinosaurs together as a group.
Group Leaders can change during leadership contests, and the dinosaur with the highest prestige will lead the group. Groups try to stick together when fleeing from danger and when drinking, eating or sleeping. They can also be herded with the vehicles!
Another addition to the dinosaurs is their sleeping behaviour, which means dinosaurs will now take a nap when they are comfortable and idle. This also combines with groups, which will now often sleep at the same time.

Day/Night Cycle
We've added a day/night cycle to all game modes to enable a more dynamic environment. This feature will be instantly available from the gameplay setting menu in both Challenge and Sandbox modes, but for the Career islands it'll have to be unlocked as a setting by achieving 5 stars on each island. We can't wait to see how this challenges you or what kind of creative images you can make on each island!

Higher Capacity Feeders
We've added larger capacity feeder types which require less resupply for you! This means you can worry less about your dinosaurs' needs whilst attending other tasks. Please note this will not be applicable to the goat feeders.

Feeder2.jpg

New contracts
There's a bunch of new contracts for you to get stuck into! Can you sell your dinosaur with a certain gene modification, or get the infamy rating to go through the roof?

We're very excited about this update, which will also include a number of minor tweaks and fixes, and we will have more information about the additional paid content this week! In the meantime, you can check out our weekly livestreams on www.twitch.tv/frontierdevelopments!
More coming soon!

See you back on The Five Deaths!
Chanté [big grin]

YES. In a sense a proper herding mechanic. A way that dinos with high social needs won't freak out, they won't be going astray too far now that there's a pack leader. Also sleeping because of day/night cycle!!! :)

Also please fix the CRASH ISSUE. It's there tho rare, but it is THERE STILL.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Sounds like an awesome update, with great improvements thanks to community feedback!

Thanks everyone at Frontier! :)

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
YES. In a sense a proper herding mechanic. A way that dinos with high social needs won't freak out, they won't be going astray too far now that there's a pack leader. Also sleeping because of day/night cycle!!! :)

Make sure to report your crash issues in the bug report forums. Even if you have done so already more information and data can really help identify the cause of the issue.

The only thing I want

I'd happily pay $10.00 for the ability to have two rexes in the same pen, perhaps you could implement a "Y Chromosome" option in the modify genome tab? It's only be available with 100% and all it would do is remove the dinosaur from the social needs of dinosaurs of the same species.

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier

Sleeping will happen when dinosaurs are comfortable and idle; not because of the day/night cycle :).

Awesome!!!

Wow!! I got to give it to Frontier who have been the best team to make this game, they've listened and talked to their fans regularly and have put out great updates that have made the core game what it should be. So happy to see day/night cycles and the group behaviors that we saw when the game was first revealed! Keep up the great work Frontier!!

Excited for this update for sure! Thanks so much for continuing work on the game! JWE has the potential surpass its predecessors, but it needs this support to continue growing. So once again, thank you so much!

Fantastic work guys, this is exactly the kind of update that this game needed. Thank you so much for listening to the community for these additions.

Very excited about this new paid content as well.

Hats off to the team!

More importantly, we are combining the free update with some very special paid content, which we will reveal more of later this week!

well i hope it's not just dinosaurs in this "very special paid content". some new buildings, enclosures or decorations or anything that can customize the game (to make parks distinct from one another) sounds better. :)

Awesome! Fdev has been doing great things of late, as usual I guess. I won't lie the last update was nice but it wasn't enough to bring me back but these little improvements and the paid content I'll be purchasing alongside are def. bringing me back.

The day/night cycle will give a more grounded feeling of our parks and added behavior means more time admiring the wonderful creations you have made.

Count me in!

Thank you very much!

Top Bottom