COMPLETED CG Imports for Year's End Festivities (Rares/Trade)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
An example of how the CG rewards (good though they are this time !) are still way out of balance with mining rewards:

I dropped off enough tonnage for the top 75% ..... 15.6m cr reward; (not forgetting the shiny paint for the Cobra lol);

I went mining instead and have just sold:
4t of Alexandrite .... 2.2m cr profit;
36 LTDs .... 25.5 m cr profit;
72 Void Opals ... 119.5 m cr profit.

Alas, nerf hammer is incoming, but the game probably needs it. 🤷‍♂️

An example of how the CG rewards (good though they are this time !) are still way out of balance with mining rewards:

I dropped off enough tonnage for the top 75% ..... 15.6m cr reward; (not forgetting the shiny paint for the Cobra lol);

While I don't disagree that mining profits are out of line with other careers right now, this isn't a great example. Top 75% required about 190 T according to Inara - that's a single load in anything larger than a Krait, with several source stations under 10 LY away. 15M credits for five minutes work rivals the very best mining payouts!

Now that obviously doesn't scale with more time invested, although two T9 loads got me into to 50% and 31M credits. That took a good twenty minutes though, because I stuck around to collect the bounty on a pirate who interdicted me.

Dang. Killed it, folks!

LoL Nope. I almost afked my way up a cool 100 million on this CG with supercruise assist and an advanced docking computer while binging The Expanse over the weekend.

So where is "cargo full credits"? My cargo is still emplty.
Oh dear, I think they put your credits in my hold.
And then I burnt them, oops!

Joker-Burning.jpg

It was nice that this was only a few jumps away from the Operation Ida Hauliday Haul systems. So I could alternate between a few CG runs and a few station repair runs to make a nice profit and still do my bit for Op-Ida.

I delivered 5000 tons of beer, so I feel I contributed nicely to the party so well. :)

IMHO the best moment of this (my first ever) CG was to finally be able to see and communicate with other players in-game, despite minimal profits with 22k+ tons of Animal Meat. Seeing a lot of hollow squares and having a few cool chats is what this game should be, always (y)

Side note to self after being Top 10%: For next CG buy a T-9, 'Vette simply can't haul enough.

IMHO the best moment of this (my first ever) CG was to finally be able to see and communicate with other players in-game, despite minimal profits with 22k+ tons of Animal Meat. Seeing a lot of hollow squares and having a few cool chats is what this game should be, always (y)

Side note to self after being Top 10%: For next CG buy a T-9, 'Vette simply can't haul enough.
Pity those in Anacondas.

Follow-up galnet article:

"What the hell guys? We asked for 30,000,000 tonnes of Fish, Fruit & Vegetables, Animal Meat, Beer, Lavian Brandy, Anduliga Fire Works and Eranin Pearl Whiskey... but all we got was nearly 30m tonnes of animal meat. Goddamnit... you guys aren't getting paid now. You ruined festivus."

I'm in the top 50% and I've delivered only beer :) Only cold ones.
All my deliveries were beer. Wouldn't be a party otherwise.

I think I'll stick with my T9 - holds more and I'll never get the rank for a Cutter even if I wanted one anyway. :LOL:
Same here. I couldn't even bring myself to 'grind' the half-price Fed ranks for a cheap corvette. My only large ships that I ever use are a Type-9 (probably my main ship now) and a Beluga.

I've a also got a Clipper in storage from when the rank requirement was dropped after the Emperor's birthday CG years ago - I've kept it just because I've never got the ranks to replace it.

I think I'll stick with my T9 - holds more and I'll never get the rank for a Cutter even if I wanted one anyway. :LOL:
I switched from T9 to T7 - holds less and I'll never get pulled over by an NPC pirate.

As for everyone complaining about payouts, I'm happy with my 33 million for 50% contribution. Then again, I don't take advantage of credit "exploits" like mining (welcomes nerf with open arms).

It was a neat CG for the Dark Marauders!!!

700+ tons of cargo... STOLEN
30+ cops/white knights/bounty hunters... KILLED
10+ 24hrs free pass tickets to compliant traders... ISSUED

YARRR!!!

...ah yes, sorry... 2 rebuys for us :D :D :D

Errr... logged in the day after.... a-aaand.....

Where's my CG money and paintjob?! :oops:

Do we haulers have to wait one more day for second CG to end as well?

that finished quickly. i was going to get the ol' Pink Python shipped over and do a trade or two as a distraction from bounties.
looks like i won't be doing that now. ah well, back to making things black and crispy again.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom