Impossible to enter Supercruise on exit from space station

I've been playing this game since beta so I know how Supercruise works thank you.
The bug appears to be that the game things I need to direct my ship towards an escape vector (like when you crashed near a star and need to escape the gravity well by lining up with a specified escape vector target.

This is 100% of the time, and is the same for normal Supercruise intra-planetary AND when trying to H-Jump to another system entirely.

Nett effect is there is an"Align with target" message but no actual "target" to be vectoring towards, ship overheats and damage is done. Just cannot leave this star system or this station it seems.

Anyone else.

"Align with target" only appears if your ship's vector is different from where you are pointing.
(ie point at target but ship is moving sideways)

To go into supercruise, your vector must match the direction you are pointing.

The bigger your ship, the longer it takes for your vector to match your direction.
(eg Cutter takes quite a few seconds)

Hope this helps.

Clicker

The only thing that comes to my mind is that I have the same only when I making a loop before jump. Ship not fly in straight line but something like semicircle. And then I have "align with target" message even if there is no "escape vector". When ship comes to straight flight FSD let me jump.

edit
Same like Clicker above

Last edited:
Or if what you are saying is that you've entered a system and dropped close to the star and now you cannot supercruise or system jump out without taking heat damage?

in that case you need to point your ship away from the star and let it fly normally for f'n ages then try again.

Clicker

For goodness sake guys. I KNOW HOW flying & Supercruise works.
I will capture it on film and up it to You Tube. So you can all see for yourselves.
Exited the space station in a straight line, speed & course are constant, CANNOT enter Supercruise. No shennanigans or loops or stuff, I do KNOW how it works.

For goodness sake guys. I KNOW HOW flying & Supercruise works.
I will capture it on film and up it to You Tube. So you can all see for yourselves.
Exited the space station in a straight line, speed & course are constant, CANNOT enter Supercruise. No shennanigans or loops or stuff, I do KNOW how it works.
If you KNOW HOW it works then you know the answer - not sure why you're posting here ;).

Post the video, it's usually a laugh when someone spots what's going wrong :)

(I would suggest that you're mixing up your SC and Hyperspace keys, but you're an EXPERT, so it can't be that 🤷‍♀️ )

If you KNOW HOW it works then you know the answer - not sure why you're posting here ;).

Post the video, it's usually a laugh when someone spots what's going wrong :)

(I would suggest that you're mixing up your SC and Hyperspace keys, but you're an EXPERT, so it can't be that 🤷‍♀️ )
LOL.
After playing this game since Beta, I would say that yes, I do know how it works; thanks all the same. :)
Here's the video you asked for oh wise one. Please tell me where the error on my part is?
No entry to Supercruise.

When you come out of the dock the particle effects are straight whilst Auto Dock is working, Once it goes manual you appear to be drifting to the right, as though you have a stuck yaw button or the dead zones need trimming.

When you boost you should go straight but still not entering SC... How very odd

LOL.
After playing this game since Beta, I would say that yes, I do know how it works; thanks all the same. :)
Here's the video you asked for oh wise one. Please tell me where the error on my part is?
No entry to Supercruise.

Surprising for someone that is so experienced. Your ship is clearly not aligned with it's vector. Check your flight control inputs, one of your controllers is providing a constant lateral thrust input. Can you really not see that from your video?

Surprising for someone that is so experienced. Your ship is clearly not aligned with it's vector. Check your flight control inputs, one of your controllers is providing a constant lateral thrust input. Can you really not see that from your video?
Nope.

Check your flight controls, your problem will be solved. Either a controller spike or an incorrect assignment: EG lateral thrust assigned to a analog axis
Thanks for the eagle-eyes, it doesn't show on my monitors or in my 64YO retina's. Will check of course, but I didn't recently make any changes. Been the same set up for years.
Will most certainly check though. :)

A quick check might be to unplug your joystick etc and see if it magically jumps ok 🤷‍♀️
Hmmmm...... very, very odd.
Have changed nothing. Opened Option/Controls and exited and started the game again.
Launched and checked my ship for spurious lateral/any movement by parking alongside the station and coming to a full-stop.
De-nada, Zip, no movement of any kind.
Turned away and went off towards open space and........SC is back & working.
Gremlin/glitch, dirty Joystick control? Most strange.

Not had any problems in the past 3 years, so its one I shall keep my failed "eyes" on ;-)

Cheers 07 Cmdrs.

Thanks for the eagle-eyes, it doesn't show on my monitors or in my 64YO retina's. Will check of course, but I didn't recently make any changes. Been the same set up for years.
Will most certainly check though. :)

I have had the same thing happen mate. In my case it was voice attack silently commanding the ship to thrust upwards. As suggested above, I would disconnect whatever controller you have assigned to lateral thrust, or maybe check in windows calibration.

Another option is to look at your assignments in the controller menu, see what is assigned to lateral, try assigning it again.
Good luck!

Top Bottom