Improved interface and behavior.

For developers.

I would like to see on the system screen at least a point near each body scanned by the surface scanner.:)

I would like to see some automation in the game, such as releasing a weapon by pressing the fire button. Namely, the automatic removal of the weapon and the cargo bucket when you press the super cruise button and the automatic acceleration of the ship, which would significantly increase the comfort of the game. And the fact that now it's just a waste of time .. and unnecessary keyboard and mouse clicks. I would also like to be able to assign a key to start automatic docking with stations. And now all this comes through the contacts menu, which is very inconvenient. I would also like to be able to enumerate the list of contacts with the choice of targets up and down without going into the contacts menu by the type of enumeration of ships in the range of sight.

Agree with your first request, it would be nice if a player could tell at a glace of the system map what bodies they are previously mapped.

Disagree with next two requests. How difficult is it to ensure your ship is 'clean' before hitting the big GO button. At absolute most you have to retract hardpoints (should be 1 button press), retract cargo scoop (1 button press) and maybe retract landing gear (again, 1 button press). If that is too much of an onus on you then maybe you need to look at your key bindings. Give the player some responsibility, make the player think, don't take every aspect of gameplay away just for convenience. Regarding a key for docking, you already have one, set throttle to zero - it honestly can't get easier than that. Unless you are talking about requesting docking permission and that is an entirely different thing.

As for the comments about the contacts menu, it use to be a lot worse, well more convoluted to request docking, I forget which patch simplified it but it is such an automatic process for me now I do it without thinking (two button presses on my HOTAS).

I did not write to remove the very old way of pressing multiple buttons if you are used to let it stay. But I would like to be able to automate for entering a super cruise. And also with the issue of docking. And moreover, the moment of auto release of the cargo bucket when starting the drone. :)

Top Bottom