General / Off-Topic In Ireland, the first non-alcoholic pub opens in the beer kingdom

The co-owners of the Virgin Mary's non-alcoholic pub, Oisin Davis (L) and Vaughan Yates, on May 16, 2019 in Dublin.

Journalists ask : "an alcohol-free establishment, will it be able to survive in the ultra-competitive sector of the Dublin pubs?

More generally what do you think of this initiative ? (humor is not prohibited :))

Last edited:
The co-owners of the Virgin Mary's non-alcoholic pub, Oisin Davis (L) and Vaughan Yates, on May 16, 2019 in Dublin.

View attachment 132379

Journalists ask : "an alcohol-free establishment, will it be able to survive in the ultra-competitive sector of the Dublin pubs?

More generally what do you think of this initiative ? (humor is not prohibited :))
I actually had this idea several years ago ... I've never run a business, have no experience in the alcohol/hotelier/hospitality industry so knew that I'd never make it work.

Deleted member 110222

D
I wouldn't go.

If I'm getting a drink, it's going to be cider or ginger beer, and it's gonna' have booze.

Deleted member 110222

D
Um, I have... it's rubbish.
But then I did used to live down the road from a cider farm, so I may be a bit biased.
Probably. I live in the middle of what is basically a super-city. No farms anywhere near me.

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Pint of proper British Real Ale with the twigs left in please.

Oh yeah and a bag of Dry Roasted while you're at it.

Deleted member 110222

D
First thing I'm doing when I get my ID in is buying some beer.

View attachment 132379

It was just a matter of time! This is the sort of thing that happens when two same sexed millennial SJW's adopt children which spend their entire first 21 years home schooling by one of the two individuals who adopted them.

Top Bottom