Discussion Inara and EDDB Commodity Prices

Who here is sick and tired of going to a station with reported best import pricing just to find out that the price is lower than reported price after the supposed update to the commodity, that is minutes old in reported update time, you are selling?

Perhaps you'd do better to understand how demand (and the quantity you are selling compared to that demand) affects the price you get, rather than throw shade at the two most useful third party apps for the game, which have nothing at all to do with Frontier and which have been provided to the community completely free of charge for over five years by volunteer developers.

Just an idea.

INARA have a calculator that can divide by 4. Just hover over the price and the display is all automatic. Or you could try using your super powerful desktop calculator to divide by four for you. Your smartphone is also a pocket calculator, you could try that too.

Last edited:
Foolish comment. I did not throw shade at Inara or EDDB with this post. If you know the game then the shade would be thrown in Frontiers direction. Also the remark about the amount we are hauling vs what price we are seeing when we get to a station if outright false which I have proven multiple times. Try again.

Also supply and demand numbers makes no sense when you look at them. Numbers are obviously manipulated. How do you have a high demand for a commodity and be asking a low price?

Don’t know if I was clear: squad and I check prices on both sites to see what the price of Painite is. I myself only go to newly updated pricing, few minutes old, and confirm the price and demand before jumping to the destination station. Once I get there I find in the commodity board for the station that the price is way lower than what’s being reported on EDDB or Inara. Check the sites again and they have the same price that we went to the station for even though the price was recently updated to say it had the high price when the actual price is much lower. Everyone in my squad is complaining of this why I put this thread up.

There are probably several other forum threads that explain supply and demand and the annoying tax that is levied against us when selling goods to these stations that are on holiday, check them. Or I could just say that you need to turn up with 25% of the demand listed on Inara to get the best advertised price and then you know how to get the best advertised sale price. By only turning up with 25% of the demand you get the best sale price. Is this clear enough?

Screenshot_20200823_010026.png

Station is for LOW cargo runs only...

the first station were you can go with a cutter with full load to unload FC and not get a price drop from full cutter for painite is...
Edit = Found better one. LP 804-27 Wrangell Terminal , 4,516 , 556,964

Last edited:
Foolish comment. I did not throw shade at Inara or EDDB with this post. If you know the game then the shade would be thrown in Frontiers direction. Also the remark about the amount we are hauling vs what price we are seeing when we get to a station if outright false which I have proven multiple times. Try again.

lol OK champ

Top Bottom