Discussion Inara - what’s it about?

Hi guys

I use Inara to help me engineer, find commodities etc... you know, the usual stuff.

I don’t have a signed in account, but am thinking of getting one. Problem is I don’t really understand why... So my questions are:-

What happens if I create an Inara account? Do I have to use the same email and password I use for ED? Does it link to ED automatically? What data does it show me? Will it include all my stats from before I create the Inara account? (I’ve been playing since Kickstarter).
Basically, what does an Inara account actually do?

Sorry if this has been covered a million times before, but honestly. I have had a good look round and can’t see anything that describes what it actually does when you log in to Inara, how it does it, and any info I need to provide.

With the game’s development and updates over the years, it’s hard to trust an article from 2 years ago. Things move quickly in Eilte!

Thanks for your help commanders

I believe it uses an API to update, so you can use whatever email address you like.
You can also insert data manually from ED logs.

What happens if I create an Inara account?
Do I have to use the same email and password I use for ED?
Does it link to ED automatically?
What data does it show me?
Will it include all my stats from before I create the Inara account? (I’ve been playing since Kickstarter).
Basically, what does an Inara account actually do?
You will have an account. ;)
Nope, you can use anything you want.
No, but you can link accounts there easily, if do you wish to.
Basically same as without the account, plus discussions and less restricted market.
Nope, only a week or two to the back, if you decide to link the accounts. Except the "cumulative" values like current ranks, assets, etc. - those are always actual, of course.
You will get the option to have more things under your profile, commander stats, crafting lists and so on. Give it a try and if you won't like it, you can always remove the account. Simple. ;)

The main advantage of having an account (if you also use EDMC and set up Inara to draw data from it) is that Inara knows where you are and what stuff you have.

If you want to buy something, it will find the nearest station that sells it. If you want an Interstellar Factor or Material Trader, it will find the nearest ones. If you look up an engineering blueprint or tech broker unlock, it will tell you how much of each required material you have in stock.

I really enjoy using Inara, especially since I have linked it to my Frontier account. I play on xbox and it really helps with finding things, stations, material traders and keeping track of engineers and materials for blueprints. If you pin blueprints in Inara it will show you what you short for each blueprint and how many you can make.

However, I have an alt account for my daughter on my xbox, it works normally but for some reason I can’t set up or link her frontier account to Inara. It only shows my account information. She has her own email and gamer tag. I have shared the game with her account under family share. It plays the same as my account except for the Inara link.

Any have any suggestions or advice how to link her account or is it not possible because we share the game, IP address, etc?

Thanks

I really enjoy using Inara, especially since I have linked it to my Frontier account. I play on xbox and it really helps with finding things, stations, material traders and keeping track of engineers and materials for blueprints. If you pin blueprints in Inara it will show you what you short for each blueprint and how many you can make.

However, I have an alt account for my daughter on my xbox, it works normally but for some reason I can’t set up or link her frontier account to Inara. It only shows my account information. She has her own email and gamer tag. I have shared the game with her account under family share. It plays the same as my account except for the Inara link.

Any have any suggestions or advice how to link her account or is it not possible because we share the game, IP address, etc?

Thanks
Please logout on the Xbox live site first. It's very likely you are logged to your instead of your daughter's account automatically during the process. So logging out on XBL site first should help with that. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom