Inbreeding DOES have negative effects

I heard somewhere that inbreeding doesn't do anything bad, and you can inbreed over and over and still have fine stats, but I've found this to be false, at least some of the time. I had some ostriches with gold genetics, so usually all green, maybe one or two yellow stats, but after some accidental inbreeding, I got a chick with 0 immunity. It's not too important of a stat, but still an interesting observation. Was this a recent change, or was what I heard totally false?

What often happens with inbreeding is that the possible percentage range of fertility and/or immunity gets wider. I.e. you can get everything from really good animals to animals with even 0%. IIRC that has always been this way, or at least for a long time.

It's not too important of a stat, but still an interesting observation. Was this a recent change, or was what I heard totally false
I think it is really important which is the Reason why I always try to breed Animals with 100% Immunity (luckily it works really good for the Tigers)

Well I turned out just fine! 🤪

No but seriously, I think it's just a dice roll in terms of stats if you allow inbreeding right? Is there a way to turn off the red alert that happens when animals are getting cosy? Cos to me, it's not World War III and it's a Sandbox Zoo so...

Well I turned out just fine! 🤪

No but seriously, I think it's just a dice roll in terms of stats if you allow inbreeding right? Is there a way to turn off the red alert that happens when animals are getting cosy? Cos to me, it's not World War III and it's a Sandbox Zoo so...
I think they included it in the Options but I'm not completely sure

I think it is really important which is the Reason why I always try to breed Animals with 100% Immunity (luckily it works really good for the Tigers)
Iny experience it hasn't been an important stat. My animals never get diseases, whether 0% or 100% immunity. The few times I have had diseases was during the time when keepers were not properly cleaning the habitats, and 100% immunity didn't help in those cases.

So I basically ignore that stat now as it has proven to be meaningless to me. Longevity and fertility are the real important ones as they directly impact your animal's life cycle.

I got some cheap tigers today (by cheap I mean around the recommended price, not marked up a ridiculous amount), but I got some less than stellar genetics on the babies, since I didn't think about how originating from the same zoo might be an issue. I DID get a white tiger though, which is the first white creature I've bred without knowing either of the parents was a carrier. I'm not sure which stats are affected specifically. Immunity definitely was bad, and either longevity or fertility, I forget which, so that means that two of the stats turned out average. I don't know if those two are "immune" or if it was luck.

I got some cheap tigers today (by cheap I mean around the recommended price, not marked up a ridiculous amount), but I got some less than stellar genetics on the babies, since I didn't think about how originating from the same zoo might be an issue. I DID get a white tiger though, which is the first white creature I've bred without knowing either of the parents was a carrier. I'm not sure which stats are affected specifically. Immunity definitely was bad, and either longevity or fertility, I forget which, so that means that two of the stats turned out average. I don't know if those two are "immune" or if it was luck.

The only two genes affected by inbreeding is fertility and immunity, as those require the genes of the parents to be different to get high stats. When it comes to zise and longevity, those genes are not negativly affected, so if you for example breed two siblings with 100 in all stats, you might get 100 zise, 100 longevity but 0 in both immunity and fertility.
This is sometimes used by breeders trying to get perfect animals, as the last two stats (fertility, immunity), is only really important in the last generation (where you want to get the perfect baby). So you can use inbreeding to increase the size and longevity stats and then when you have a bunch of babys with 100 in both those stats, try and find mates that can give 100 in all stats (and sometimes you can even get perfect animals only using inbreeding, even if that is something i try to avoid)

Of course inbreeding is going to most likely have negative effects. Though there may be times it doesn't, I'd say that's probably true most times. I think it matters more to how much importance the player puts on that, as well as stats in general. Like personally, I don't really care too much, the main stat I look at is their immunity gene. I mainly just want the animals period, and as long as they're not too old or too expensive I don't care too much about stats.

As you can see in this pic, inbreeding does sometimes create the best offsprings; (these two are siblings)

Inbreeding.jpg

Top Bottom