Incoming damage sound and atmosphere

Guest 161958

G
In ED taking damage and being under attack is really underwhelming imo. You hear a sound like if someone is cleaning your bridge with a broom and some pots and kettles banging, the occasional firefly...

Why do not we get shakes like in the srv (of course with an option to disable it especially for VR users). I am not asking to make the cockpit more dynamically impacted as I cannot imagine FD in its current state pulling it out, but at least some strong sound and movement to wake you up when you get that frag volley in your mouth.

Might make it like the neutron stars, or give any weapon a varying degree of force shell depending on weapon type and class.

How much your craft would move is directly related to it's mass. Someone do an analysis on whether there's a difference between a Hauler and a 'conda.

How much your craft would move is directly related to it's mass. Someone do an analysis on whether there's a difference between a Hauler and a 'conda.
Though if the onboard computer can translate solar and planetary emissions into audible sound, surely it could translate projectile collisions into force feedback.

Surely the shield absorbs kinetic energy, that's how it stops the rounds from damaging the hull, so until the shields go down, or they are using shield penetrating weapons there will be no shaking from impacts at all.

Surely the shield absorbs kinetic energy, that's how it stops the rounds from damaging the hull, so until the shields go down, or they are using shield penetrating weapons there will be no shaking from impacts at all.
Yeah, I definitely agree with this.

That too. But we have no hard info on how shields work.

Top Bottom