Increase Range of Ancient Relic Receptacle

PLEASE increase the acceptance range of the Ancient Relic receptacle. I don't fin it the least bit enjoyable to try and blindly bulls-eye the AR receptacle backwards at the guardian sites. I'm trying at one of the new guardian sites from a guardian pylon, and gave up after 30 minutes of trying to get the stupid thing in the hole.

I got really close several times, but it appears since it wasn't EXACT it wouldn't go in.

Edit: Though after some time away, it occurs to me that I'm probably supposed to drop the ancient key in there instead. If that's the case, I sure hope I don't have the same problem. Also if that's the case, then the hole probably shouldn't look like the hole for the AR's :)

Edit 2: Ok, the ancient key worked, and I mentioned above. But that brings up to another point I think is relevant and I've heard mentioned a few times around the community: We need some negative feedback when you're not doing something right. Sadly, I've been around elite enough to have been subject to many of the bugs that have cause confusion (Ram Tah mission anyone?) So when something like what I've described above happens, you never know if you've just got something wrong, or if you've just hit another bug. I shouldn't be up to the players to figure that out.

Attachments

Last edited:
PLEASE increase the acceptance range of the Ancient Relic receptacle. I don't fin it the least bit enjoyable to try and blindly bulls-eye the AR receptacle backwards at the guardian sites. I'm trying at one of the new guardian sites from a guardian pylon, and gave up after 30 minutes of trying to get the stupid thing in the hole.

I got really close several times, but it appears since it wasn't EXACT it wouldn't go in.

Edit: Though after some time away, it occurs to me that I'm probably supposed to drop the ancient key in there instead. If that's the case, I sure hope I don't have the same problem. Also if that's the case, then the hole probably shouldn't look like the hole for the AR's :)

Edit 2: Ok, the ancient key worked, and I mentioned above. But that brings up to another point I think is relevant and I've heard mentioned a few times around the community: We need some negative feedback when you're not doing something right. Sadly, I've been around elite enough to have been subject to many of the bugs that have cause confusion (Ram Tah mission anyone?) So when something like what I've described above happens, you never know if you've just got something wrong, or if you've just hit another bug. I shouldn't be up to the players to figure that out.
Module/Weapon blueprint - Ancient Relic
Try this trick, drive straight over the receptacle, towards the structure where you scan the blueprint, drive until you hit the structure (you can even drive up a little bit), and now you eject the ancient relic, and it should now hit the receptacle every time....

Wessel blueprint - Ancient Key
This one behaves differently, this one does not "fly" out, instead it just drops behind you, so in this case you need to drive over the receptacle and jut pass, and ejecting the ancient key should now drop straight on the receptacle.

[edit]
pushing/moving the ancient relic/key does not appear to work. so it appears to be tied to the actual drop action if it will trigger the activation sequence.

Wait till it lights up your knees and most of the cockpit.

Top Bottom