Dinosaurs Increase the social group and ideal population

Your Feature Request / Idea
We want to put more dinosaurus without surprasses the confort of dinosaurus.( triceratops, 6 to 9, and 16 to 20) This should be made in some dinosaurus. This would be great.

I have an alternative idea along the same theme

A new gene mod that increases sociability of a creature

Large herbivores are affected less, with only one to two points per level of gene mod
Large carnivores could possibly be zero to one at level one gene mod, adds a risk factor but possibly not to the death but in a more playful manner?
Small herbs two to three points per gene mod
Small carns could be one to two extra per level of gene mod

The numbers could be adjusted of course, as can the levels of gene mods.

I agree that the social limits and the populations limits of some herbivores should be increased since it ist almost impossible to create exhibits like the ones actually seen in the movies. If I wanted to put all the animals in one enclosure that are seen in the gyrosphere valley in the Jurassic World film, the animals would break out. Best example is the Sauropelta... I mean seriously... population of 4? How am I supposed to house these animals with other dinosaurs in an interesting way?

But pls no minimum social comfort its annoying as it is right now for example stego u allways need four of them but sometimes i dont want to have four of them i just want two or one

But pls no minimum social comfort its annoying as it is right now for example stego u allways need four of them but sometimes i dont want to have four of them i just want two or one

Yeah and they throw a fit too, in the time it takes to hatch another stego they will break out and i normally have to deal with that for half an hour.

Yeah and they throw a fit too, in the time it takes to hatch another stego they will break out and i normally have to deal with that for half an hour.

The lower ends of the sociability gene mod could be lowered too. It could work in both directions, it doesn't have to be just for accepting more dinosaurs, it could also be for accepting less dinosaurs at the same time.

The gene mod could work like this at level one:

Reduces the minimum dinosaurs needed by one, increases max dinosaurs by two.

That way a stegosaur with a level one gene mod would be 3-10 max animals instead of 4-8

This should help with our hermit shell and helm dinos too.

I feel like the size of the enclosure should really have an impact. I love the idea of a huge central herbivore enclosure with loads in it but it's basically impossible.

I feel like the size of the enclosure should really have an impact. I love the idea of a huge central herbivore enclosure with loads in it but it's basically impossible.

Exactly how I feel. Aside from sandbox mode where you can turn off the breakouts it is absolutely impossible to have a "biological preserve" with lots of different dinos in one enclosure no matter how big it is. My attempt to create a Hell Creek paddock with all herbivores from late cretaceous north america failed miserably when I introduced the dracorexes and ankylosaurs even though this would be something you would see in a real jurassic park I guess.

Amen, the population caps are little ridiculous on some herbivores. I simply don't ever use nodesaurs, pachycephalosaurs and ceratopsians of any descriptions because their population caps are too small. With the limited sizes on the maps, I feel this dinosaurs always loose out because I can put more with different dinos than I can with these.

I have an alternative idea along the same theme

A new gene mod that increases sociability of a creature

Large herbivores are affected less, with only one to two points per level of gene mod
Large carnivores could possibly be zero to one at level one gene mod, adds a risk factor but possibly not to the death but in a more playful manner?
Small herbs two to three points per gene mod
Small carns could be one to two extra per level of gene mod

The numbers could be adjusted of course, as can the levels of gene mods.
HE JUST PREDICTED THE FUTURE!!!🤣🤣🤣
Just scrolling through the old threads. I'm curious about what the past threads were requesting.

I agree that the social limits and the populations limits of some herbivores should be increased since it ist almost impossible to create exhibits like the ones actually seen in the movies. If I wanted to put all the animals in one enclosure that are seen in the gyrosphere valley in the Jurassic World film, the animals would break out. Best example is the Sauropelta... I mean seriously... population of 4? How am I supposed to house these animals with other dinosaurs in an interesting way?

This is what bugs me the most. I like having HUGE exhibits or just letting the dinos free roam but despite having far more space than needed they still get stressed due to too high pop of their own kind and/or others. It would be nice if the amount of space given to a dino affected the the max pop/soc of a dino.

This is what bugs me the most. I like having HUGE exhibits or just letting the dinos free roam but despite having far more space than needed they still get stressed due to too high pop of their own kind and/or others. It would be nice if the amount of space given to a dino affected the the max pop/soc of a dino.
I actually have a thread aboit that exact topic. But I don't know how and where to copy and paste links. So maybe just look for it?😂🙂

Edit: Just found out how while exploring my old threads. Here's the link: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...e-population-social-requirement-limit.519303/ Support the Idea here I guess (I don't really know)

Last edited:
HE JUST PREDICTED THE FUTURE!!!🤣🤣🤣
Just scrolling through the old threads. I'm curious about what the past threads were requesting.

I actually have a thread aboit that exact topic. But I don't know how and where to copy and paste links. So maybe just look for it?😂🙂

Edit: Just found out how while exploring my old threads. Here's the link: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...e-population-social-requirement-limit.519303/ Support the Idea here I guess (I don't really know)

This is an old thread. You can do something to change this already with the Dr. Wu DLC, but only so much.

This is an old thread. You can do something to change this already with the Dr. Wu DLC, but only so much.

The Dr. Wu dlc helps but it still doesnt solve the issue. If you give a gene to raise a dinos soc/pop level they have the drawback of have having to NEED more dinos. In some cases it hurts more than it helps because it only raises the max a by a few but now their minimum is higher as well so if you cant make enough at once or if one ventures too far from the herd then they all sperg out. If you have a really big enclosure that far exceeds the space needs for a dino then they should be able to tolerate more pop/soc regardless of gene upgrades.

A simple solution is to have the paddock size automatically increase the social and population limits.

If a triie only needs 1200 sq feet of grassland and forest for example.... If you Put it in a large paddock of double or triple it's required habitat then its social and population doubles or triples. Simple common sense fix.

Just like the 2 Rexes in the novel... The paddock was large enough that they avoided each other and kept to their own territory. So the precedent is already set, larger paddock = increased social limits.

A simple solution is to have the paddock size automatically increase the social and population limits.

If a triie only needs 1200 sq feet of grassland and forest for example.... If you Put it in a large paddock of double or triple it's required habitat then its social and population doubles or triples. Simple common sense fix.

Just like the 2 Rexes in the novel... The paddock was large enough that they avoided each other and kept to their own territory. So the precedent is already set, larger paddock = increased social limits.

Dinos claiming areas for territory would be an awesome addition to dino ai and would solve a lot of problems with fighting and social/pop issues. If a dino enters a territory that is already at its social limit then the alpha of that territory can challenge it. If it wins the alpha is ran out and vice versa. If there is no way to leave the territory then they fight to the death.

I have a thread dedicated to that idea: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...e-population-social-requirement-limit.519303/ (not like anyone cares) Vomplain there I guess, cause this is an old thread.

Top Bottom