Increased volatility in the BGS -runaway leaders many retreats

While traveling last night, I noticed a system with a civil war but the 2 MFs had different INF%. I think I saw this prior to the current BGS oddities too but not sure when this became a thing. I thought INF%s stay equal throughout the conflict. How does one MF get a lead in the conflict?
Some of the bad states give a -1% per day which still applies in conflict. Has no effect on the result, and it is still unlikely that you could win and end up behind in inf, but it is theoretically possible (maybe)

Some of the bad states give a -1% per day which still applies in conflict. Has no effect on the result, and it is still unlikely that you could win and end up behind in inf, but it is theoretically possible (maybe)

It even can provide pos inf for the fighting factions. 2 factions in infrastructure failure and the 2 factions fighting for control are slowly gaining inf every day.

While traveling last night, I noticed a system with a civil war but the 2 MFs had different INF%. I think I saw this prior to the current BGS oddities too but not sure when this became a thing. I thought INF%s stay equal throughout the conflict. How does one MF get a lead in the conflict?

I was confused by this in one our systems recently as well, but apparently negative states can still drag a faction down even if they are engaged in a conflict.

how about the rest of the bgs issues
just had an election where for the entire election my stats were on top and winning. except for the fact that it showed on day 1 an inf diff of 2.5% against my faction
then when I actually lost the diff was now 17%
it lost inf each day
to make it more fun all my systems I am present in(49) mission types were election specific( next to zero in the actual election system though)
on top of that this election stats were reflected in every one of these systems making the rest of my systems BGS useless for the entire time.
Also had 1 war doing the same and currently have another war doing the same.
in both wars the winning faction has the lower inf and loses more each day.

As for the retreats, out of 5 I was able to prevent 1, the other 4 had zero reaction to anything I tried.
happier yet, likely thanks to the multiple ticks on certain days(not really sure) 2 systems went into expansion yet never hit 75%.
1 was at 62% and 1 was at 72%...normally that's plenty of time to lower my inf.
more fun, at the end of each expansion instead of daily, the bgs took the 15% inf from several systems..real nice, meaning work done to prevent this daily was 100% time wasted.

having lost about 6 months of BGS work and now a system from a messed up BGS election gone the wrong way and total cheat of the election results not matching up with the inf etc..( 3rd time in this system btw but bug report response said fdev is NOT responsible for BGS( HA!!!)) and 2 wars in the same boat as this farce of an election. for the first time ever I am near shutting this game down for good.
Hard decision as I do love the game, but right now I can't stand the failing flailing BGS and that it appears as though fdev doesn't care.
The excuse they gave for this mess that the update release of FC's has no history so we have to hurry up and do some work for them to get the history going again is a joke and an insult.

This is not the first update we have had , as such it is crystal clear(specially from the standpoint of a programmer) that someone did not add the history we HAD to the update. And they know this, why else would they attempt to pass off that crap.
So BGS is broken so badly and no rollback, but just keep doing zero ticks or multiple ticks per day..so much fun to have the developer screw us over daily since the update.

Not BGS related, but I want to add that since the update, certain modules that I recently bought and engineered have vanished overnight 3 times.
in 1 case a cutter I fly daily suddenly had all different modules and so did a couple other ships which is where some of those modules came from..looks exactly like they were 6 months ago just before I changed them...real nice. from this I am only guessing they had a storage device crap out and had crap backup. could they bother to tell us we might expect problems so please be aware and check for things changed or missing. NO OFC NOT, why tell us anything.
fwiw, my logs have all my ship info and I have saved ship line info from them for all my ships, so its too easy for me to see these things.
And no, my account has not been hacked.

Last edited:
We've just had the oopposite effect show up in one of the expansions we're trying to trigger - faction over 75% and no expansion pending for two ticks now... anyone else getting this?

nice to see bgs is fine....

system x with me in retreat for 2 days, the rest of the retreat well past 7% let alone 2.5%
end of retreat = retreat successful 100% gone.
nice
total opposite when I try to make a faction retreat...

FWIW frontier, the only reason I still play is because I like shooting stuff in space ships.
as for the rest..
pointless endgame toy now that everyone can have one = fc

BGS - so useless now that after 5 years invested in it, it is now beyond a waste of time.

Market & mining so messed up makes more BGS time totally wasted.

so almost 6 years invested and now worthless as any/all effort = good ships lots of credits but no reason to continue thanks to everything that was worthwhile being broken and more broken each and every day since the release of the almighty FC.

Of all the people I know that play the BGS daily, I am the last to say, so long and thanks for all the fish. (Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy)

Too sad that you could not make any effort whatsoever to assist in the BGS repair/recovery.

no, I controlled the system for a few years and also thanks to the failure of a bgs, lost the last election there as well, an election that according to the daily numbers it generated that it isn't supposed to(inf not locked), should have won.

The system is worthless, but still. does not help when the bgs is totally in FAIL mode.

taking a loss because someone did better than I did is acceptable.
taking a loss because BGS is NOT even close to working correctly is unacceptable and this is just the tip of the iceberg.
This thread is but a very tiny example of what many of us have been dealing with since the FC release.
Now with over a month of total fail BGS it is beyond pointless to even waste any more time on it.

nice to see bgs is fine....

system x with me in retreat for 2 days, the rest of the retreat well past 7% let alone 2.5%
end of retreat = retreat successful 100% gone.
nice
total opposite when I try to make a faction retreat...

Just to clarify... you retreated when your faction was over 7%?

Now that I am understanding thing more, I have found the BGS has been perfectly in sync with predictions and planned targeted expansions. The past 3 expansions that we did were after the FC release and went exactly as predicted to the exact systems we manipulated for our target. We had to work on many systems to prevent them from being a viable targets. All in all, everything worked perfectly. ... Maybe we just got lucky. Maybe it was due to the massive efforts put forth by everyone involved.

Top Bottom