Indiana Beach (or Indiana Beach-like park)

With the sudden news of Indiana Beach's permanent closing, I decided to dive back into my unfinished park. It was last saved on Oct 22, 2017! Here is a screenshot of the park. It was one of the best traditional parks in the country, up there with Knoebel's, Kennywood, and others. It had a long walk through attraction called Dr. Frankenstein's Castle. A train ride with two stations. An antique car ride. Boat rides on the lake, and more. RIP Indiana Beach 1926-2020. The owners plan to sell off and move rides, and probably demolish the remains of the park. Wooden coasters are probably doomed. They were built by the defunct CCI. It's always sad when a traditional or historical park closes for good.

2020-02-20 04_30_48-Planet Coaster.jpg

Well there was good news. Gene Staples bought the park and reopened it. Only a few flat rides were sold off and some new flats and a triple loop coaster were brought in. He also bought the former Martin's Fantasy Island on Grand Island, NY near Buffalo and Niagara Falls, now Niagara Amusement Park and Splash World, and Clementon Park in NJ. The Flying Witch from Playland in Rye, NY and Laser Loop formerly of Kennywood were bought for Niagara park, Laser Loop was in Mexico after it left Kennywood. Frankenstein's Castle at IB is saved. One of the few permanent walk through haunted attractions left in an amusement park in the US. It originally opened in 1983. There was a walk-through haunted house on the site until 1980, it burned down.

I live in Buffalo, New York and it will be so nice to have Fantasy Island back again, even though under a different name. Ton of memories from that park.

Top Bottom