Infinity Battlescape

Game Patch - Alpha 0.3.2.0 ( Saturday, 6 October 2018 )

Originally posted by I-Flavien CTO/President & Cofounder - source link

This new patch introduces spawning at carriers and update the repair/resupply mechanics available on corvettes and at spawns.

Gameplay

• Carrier spawns are now available; the carrier owner must fly under 100 m/s and turn slowly (or not at all) for spawns to be enabled.
  • Removed resupply crates mechanism on corvettes. It has been replaced by a repair/resupply aura (currently 1 km radius). Players have to match their velocity with an ally corvette and stay within a 1 km radius and will be repaired and resupplied in ammo at a constant rate.
  • Repairing hull and resupplying ammo is also available in hangar spawns (for fighters and corvettes) and docking spawns at stations (for capital ships).

Bug fixes

• Fixed incorrect warp jam section in ship systems radial menu.
  • Fix for crash due to large characters in chinese fontset.
  • Fixed haulers flying towards infinity when they bypass their destination.
  • Removed forgotten debug code associated to M key on client (was spawning a test effect at origin).
  • Fix for reticles (unlocked when out of range, and showing reticles for auto-aiming turrets).
  • Fix for Prev/Next target speed event while in warp (it wasn’t functional before).

Assets, visual effects, performance, sounds…

• Added spawn markers to hangars and docking bays.
  • Spawn markers are color encoded: blue for default (available), green when your ship is occupying it and red when another ship is occupying it.
  • Added warp entry and exit visual effect.
  • Increased size of aim helper dots for turrets on HUD.

Networking, AI, server

• Fixed server crash bug when server is shut down as a player is logging in.
  • Fixed end-of-game condition when a team no longer has available spawns.
  • Improved empty input queue by repeating last input packet instead of assuming zero input.
  • Fixed error correction smoothing when flying at high velocities like in warp.

Misc

• Added a fallback to create a DirectX 11 device with debug flag for more information when creating a device fails.
  • Added a CameraNextMode event that cycles through camera modes.
  • Added experimental alternative collision mesh to body components for more accurate small ship vs capship collisions; this feature is currently disabled but will be enabled later on when it becomes more robust.
  • Added support for dynamic mesh bodies to the physics engine (same).

The game loader can be re-downloaded from the Infinity: Battlescape website: https://inovaestudios.com/Battlescape

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Infinity: Battlescape website: https://inovaestudios.com/Battlescape

Infinity: Battlescape forums: https://forums.inovaestudios.com

Pledge Upgrade: https://inovaestudios.com/Account#products

Last edited:
Game Patch - Alpha 0.3.2.0 Feedback thread.

Some screen shots from latest Alpha game patch 0-3-2-0 from todays stream.

Kindly shared by I-NovaeHutchings Developer/Artist on the I-Novae forums - source

c36d84d87683e16c04aebf467db36d661b1a9819_1_690x431.jpg

c36d84d87683e16c04aebf467db36d661b1a9819.jpg

069fb4c6fe4d2e44dfba5c61cddb509ea0eb9bb6_1_690x431.jpg

069fb4c6fe4d2e44dfba5c61cddb509ea0eb9bb6.jpg

aac67b30f1553fd8bce6e6da59dbc324db332d99_1_690x431.jpg

aac67b30f1553fd8bce6e6da59dbc324db332d99.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Weekly Update #127a: First Beta-access Week-end - 12-15th October

Originally posted by I-NovaeFlavien CTO/President & Cofounder - source link

34fb7377b32264c67bd8f91db4be447dbdd6fde7_1_690x400.jpg

We are happy to announce that the first beta-access week-end for beta backers and above will launch on the 12th to 15th October week-end, starting next Friday at 19:00 UTC.

Any Infinity Battlescape backer who pledged at the beta tier ( Lunar supporter ) or above is elligible to participate and to get a taste of the game for the first time.

Note that the game is still in alpha development; this is not an announcement for the official beta launch. As you know, development of the game has been delayed by almost a year by now so just like we did for alpha backers, we are now hosting restricted play-test week-ends for beta backers so that they can experience the game as soon as possible.

Permanent beta access is currently scheduled for early 2019.

If this is your first time playing the game, you will have to associate your Kickstarter or IndieGoGo email to an I-Novae account. More information about this procedure and the beta week-end can be found in this thread:

https://forums.inovaestudios.com/t/infinity-battlescape-beta-week-end-12-15-october-2018/7112

We are hoping to see you in-game this next week-end !

Patch 0.3.2.0

Yesterday we released patch 0.3.2.0. This patch adds support for respawning at carriers, which now act as mobile bases. The patch also revamped the repair/rearm mechanics. In previous versions, corvettes could generate a “supply crate”, which had to be picked up in the battlefield in order to get ammo. During testing we found this mechanic to be too difficult to use during battles, so instead we are now generating a passive aura around corvettes which automatically repair and rearm allied ships within range. It is now also possible to get repaired or resupplied while docking back in bases and stations hangars.

Going forward, we will release a new patch next thursday right before the beta-access week-end launch. As there are only 4 days left, we will primarily focus on stability, a pass of optimization, bug fixing and HUD improvements.

Dan hosted a community event (where a bunch of players gather on the server at the same time and play together) yesterday evening. If you missed it, the VOD is available on youtube:

[video=youtube;fgfnFFwZTGY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgfnFFwZTGY[/video]

-Flavien Brebion

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Infinity: Battlescape website: https://inovaestudios.com/Battlescape

Infinity: Battlescape forums: https://forums.inovaestudios.com

Pledge Upgrade: https://inovaestudios.com/Account#products

Last edited:
Scenes from the latest patch - Infinity: Battlescape Alpha

A fan video kindly shared by Playbenni on the I-Novae forum - source

[video=youtube;0SvwsvkSrJE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SvwsvkSrJE[/video]

Last edited:
It's seems to be coming along nicely, although later than their initial estimates, about what I expected for such a small team.

I'm ready for the beta access. I've got alpha but haven't played in a while.

I do hope for the systems with War Zones in ED that Frontier are looking at how IB is going to handle conflict in a single system. That's an area that has had suggestions for ages to improve the static hot-spots and capital ships that just sit in place forever.

I really hope that video's tune is not indicative of the game's soundtrack, because that was truly terrible. Visuals look good, though.

I dont think there's any soundtrack planned to be honest.. that's cleary not a priority for this game and i doubt the very small team behind the game will be bothered with adding a sound track to what's a purely pvp brawl. Is there a soundtrack in PUBG ?

Infinity: Battlescape - Alpha Patch v0.3.3.0 ( Friday, 12 October 2018 )

0.3.3.0 ( Friday, 12 October 2018 )

Welcome to the Infinity: Battlescape beta week-end.

We would like to remind you that the game is still in alpha (beta backers only have access this week-end) with full beta scheduled for early 2019.
Many assets are placeholder or work-in-progress. Ships are untextured, gameplay features are missing and UI is basic (no star map, no missions menu, no ship selection or upgrades menu).

We will be iterating both on the visual effects and gameplay in the coming months.

Although the current version is rough around the edges, we sincerely hope that you will like what we are trying to achieve and have fun.

A community event is planned on Saturday 13 at 19:00 UTC on the server. Players will gather and try to play objectives to complete a full match (or two) in order to stress the server and test the gameplay. We hope to see you in game !

Patch 0.3.3.0 changes:

Gameplay and balance tweaks

• Spawning at a carrier now gives 25 credits to the carrier owner.
  • Tweaked splash damage formula for missiles / torpedoes. The old formula used a too soft ramp, resulting in heavy damage (>50%) even at max splash radius !.
  • Increased splash damage radius for torpedos and missiles.
  • Increased initial velocity of missiles and torpedoes from 200m/s to 400m/s. This change should make them easier to use when the ship is strafing
  • Torpedo tweaks: increased acceleration, so that a torpedo has a bit of auto-aiming and becomes useful against heavy moving targets like capital ships. If lucky it is even possible to hit smaller ships like a corvette.
  • Reduced missile damage and increased missile acceleration, making the missiles more agressive.
  • Reduced turn rate of light and heavy turrets.
  • Turrets now allow a small amount of negative pitch (below the view “horizon” of the turret) of -10° to allow projectiles convergence.
  • Tweaks for bomber “shotgun”: reduced spread and increased damage and fire rate. This gun should now be useable against enemy interceptors and deadly against bigger ships.
  • Increased max ammo capacity on cruiser and carrier.
  • Increased fire rate of heavy anti-capital ship guns mounted on station floating defense modules.
  • Revamped and massively increased shield recharge rate on all ships. The interceptor shields in particular, now recharges in a minute (or 24 seconds with shields overcharge). Capital ships recharge almost ten times faster, making it impossible for light-damage ships like a lonely interceptor to out-pace the shield recharge rate.
  • Interceptor max hitpoints increased from 50 to 75.
  • Interceptor max shieldpoints increased from 100 to 120.
  • Increased repair and resupply rate of corvette aura.
  • Increased spread angle of turrets to make them less deadly to interceptors.

Bug fixes

• Fix for spawn markers compatibility: the spawn will be marked in red if the ship type isn’t compatible (ex.: a corvette flying in a capital ship dock).
  • Fixed unbalanced team scores at match startup: teams should now start with the same strategic score and same amount and type of installations.
  • Fixed hauler docking port damage effect/material not showing up when the module is destroyed.
  • Fixed haulers traffic jam at destination docking port.
  • Fixed a rare case of a carrier spawning at infinity.
  • Fixed carrier hull being invulnerable.

HUD / UI

• When controlling a carrier, the number of players awaiting to spawn is now displayed on the HUD.
  • Added trade route path visualization (requires to be in warp and both endpoints being detected on the HUD).
  • Added a few more tips to help beginners (turbo boost, warping and powering up hints).
  • Increased size of mouse navigation cursor on HUD, to be more easily noticeable during combat.

Assets, visual effects, performance, sounds…

• Assets loading optimizations and caching: spawning an actor on-the-fly is now x5 faster in average, resulting in more stable framerates and smaller micro-freezes when entering an actor range.
  • Fixed invisible spotlights on various ground installations.
  • Added resupplied aura effect: a bunch of green fireflies will be displayed on top of any actor being resupplied/repaired by a corvette aura.
  • Corvette resupply aura now fades out when camera is close to the effect to avoid cluttering the view.
  • Updated keymap helper (F9).
  • Tweaked hauler death effect: previously, the hauler instantly despawned when dying. It should now properly explode like other ships.
  • Updated carrier mesh to latest version, including a lot more geometric details.

Networking, AI, server

• Added warp jam ability to AI bots.
  • Bots can now use chaffs even when they’re not on attack (there is some downtime when a bot switches to a new target, during which it couldn’t use chaffs).
  • Experimental revamp of credits redistribution to AI commander. Instead of using a global pool, the AI commander now splits its credits according to the strategical score of each potential objective.
  • Once a certain threshold is reached (per objective), a battle is triggered.

Misc

• Added fallback to DirectX 11.0 if 11.1 is not available on the client.
  • Failure to create a render device now throws an exception, which gets caught later on and displays a warning box to the user.

The game loader can be re-downloaded from the Infinity: Battlescape website: https://inovaestudios.com/Battlescape

Last edited:
This game looks amazing. When/where can I pick up a copy?

Edit: nvmd, I just followed a link to the website:)

For a long time I wondered why this thread seemed to generate so little participation within ED's combat-focused players. As a pure multiplayer space combat game, this game seems to be miles better.

For a long time I wondered why this thread seemed to generate so little participation within ED's combat-focused players. As a pure multiplayer space combat game, this game seems to be miles better.
It's looking good, development is going well, alpha tests are quite productive. There's little to talk about when all is fine :) I am in as a backer, and am quite happy about how this turns out...

Top Bottom