Infinity Battlescape

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
FAQ

Q. If I pledged to your crowd-funding campaign, will I have access to the game on Steam ?

A. Yes, although we cannot confirm that everybody will have access to the game on Steam on the day of the launch. In the worst case, we’ll provide backers access to Steam [ providing Steam’s acceptance ] in the days following the launch.

The way it will work, you’ll simply go into your I-Novae account profile and authenticate on Steam. Doing so will provide us with your Steam user ID, which we’ll then automatically use to associate the game to your Steam’s library. There are no keys involved in that process.

Extra game copies ( higher tiers ) will use a separate process, which we haven’t figured out yet, and is unlikely to be ready for the launch.

Q. How do I upgrade my pledge before the Steam Early access launches ?

A. You can upgrade your pledge at any moment from your I-Novae account ( see below for instructions on how to create one and link it to your pledge ):

I have just logged in and there is nothing in my account that relates to Steam. Presume they will add this to the account pages later on?

I have just logged in and there is nothing in my account that relates to Steam. Presume they will add this to the account pages later on?

If you already made the pledge, better ask directly in their forum.

Last edited:
So arrived home quite eager to give this a try.

Went to controls menu, nice, a profile for my HOTAS is there already (Thrustmaster T16000M). Tried to customize controls, but it didn't recognized a single one of my buttons or axis :/

Ok that's very uncool, but growing pains whatever, let's try with the default controls...

Selected server with lowest ping to join, arrived at a screen with a starmap, to select spawn point, ship and mission. Was able to select spawn point (I think) There are 2 available ships with a price, indicating I need to buy or somehow select one of them. But there isn't any visible button to select or buy anything in that screen... Moved to select mission, there were half a dozen missions available, was able to select one as target in the hud, but the button to actually accept the mission is always greyed out.

I assumed it's because I hadn't purchased a ship, went back to ship screen, still no button of option to buy, back to mission, still accept mission button greyed out. Of course, any kind of explanation or hint on whatever the fart I had to do is completely non-existent.

Exited the game. First impression not good at all.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
I assumed it's because I hadn't purchased a ship, went back to ship screen, still no button of option to buy, back to mission, still accept mission button greyed out. Of course, any kind of explanation or hint on whatever the fart I had to do is completely non-existent.

Did you see any blue button sticking out? 🥶 If you do, just run!

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
I just had my first session, and the interface and controls are indeed a bit clunky. Nevertheless I managed to figure out how to repair in stations and I fired some shots :D

Start with the most basic ship (interceptor) and go and fly around to get used to the controls, there's nothing really difficult. There is no in-game documentation yet so you have to go to their forums, and check a pinned message for the complete beginner's guide to the game so you get the details on every small icon on the HUD and so on...

It's quite cool, really newtonian, ships do have mass, you have to anticipate your moves. The game engine runs very smoothly so you can do some cool aerobatics.

Really? It looked like someone was stopping on a dime in a youtube video I saw, which would probably splatter his brains on the windshield.

How big is Inf B? Looking through this topic I can see truly impressive procedural planets in the work. Also, really no any type of progression so far, just a drop in drop out pvp?

I had a look, backed it early on, but this was the first time I bothered to go in game. I kept away from the battles and just flew around. Planets are great, flying is good too, not sure how many planets are in there, I didn't stay long.

It does say 'sandbox' mode which isn't available yet, is that going to be for us peaceful types.. ;)

How big is Inf B? Looking through this topic I can see truly impressive procedural planets in the work. Also, really no any type of progression so far, just a drop in drop out pvp?
Planets are up to scale, and yes the procgen yields really impressive results. Devs plan to put in a whole stellar system in there before the release (now for the alpha it's just a giant planet and its moons).
It's dop in drop out pvp, though it's pretty much a team based game so you better have a group that you can join. Devs say no progression system (*) is planned until release, at which point they'll see if they have enough money to add more stuff :p (wise decision, IMHO).

(*) each cycle resets everything, but during that cycle you'll get money from various goals, that'll allow you to get bigger ships. But again to be any effective in a bigger ship you absolutely need a team.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
I had a look, backed it early on, but this was the first time I bothered to go in game. I kept away from the battles and just flew around. Planets are great, flying is good too, not sure how many planets are in there, I didn't stay long.

It does say 'sandbox' mode which isn't available yet, is that going to be for us peaceful types.. ;)

At the moment it is just one gas giant and 4 satellites, with plenty of space and surface stations etc.

this game has a lot of promise!

even if it ends up being a single system, imo this is one of these "size doesn't matter" cases, it's all about the flight model. it's really superb. very similar to elite's, except flight assist off is sort of the main protagonist thanks to the lack of limitation on speed and rotation (or really high caps) which makes it a wholly different thing in the end.

but there's other stuff to like about this game.
  • fighter/bomber/corvette and capitals all fly completely different. fighters dash around with fixed hardpoints, behemoths are slow bricks relying exclusively on turrets, as it should be
  • fully seamless and engaging warp-travelling around the system including planet surfaces, as it should be
  • very solid server based networking multiplayer experience, as it should be for a game factoring in multiplayer combat
  • progression is transient and you loose all when exiting the server. i.e., no stupid 'lifestyle' grinding in sight. the only progress is in your brain and skill, where it should be
do check this out, dudes.

this game has a lot of promise!

even if it ends up being a single system, imo this is one of these "size doesn't matter" cases, it's all about the flight model. it's really superb. very similar to elite's, except flight assist off is sort of the main protagonist thanks to the lack of limitation on speed and rotation (or really high caps) which makes it a wholly different thing in the end.

but there's other stuff to like about this game.
  • fighter/bomber/corvette and capitals all fly completely different. fighters dash around with fixed hardpoints, behemoths are slow bricks relying exclusively on turrets, as it should be
  • fully seamless and engaging warp-travelling around the system including planet surfaces, as it should be
  • very solid server based networking multiplayer experience, as it should be for a game factoring in multiplayer combat
  • progression is transient and you loose all when exiting the server. i.e., no stupid 'lifestyle' grinding in sight. the only progress is in your brain and skill, where it should be
do check this out, dudes.
Agree. They've got a lot of things right.

The lack of instancing is a nice refresher from Elite and SC. The true continuous transition from space to planet surface is great. Just had a long 20 minute battle attacking large cruisers that (we) fought while descending through the atmosphere - a great experience I haven't seen in any other (recent) game yet. Last cruiser was taken out shortly before hitting the surface. Flight model is well done and the object and planet detail is fabulous. Highly recommended!

Top Bottom