Influence Matching Level to Trigger Conflict / Election

I couldn't readily see it on Walt's BGS Background OP so thought I'd ask here.

Is the matching threshold (to trigger confilct/election) 7.5% please? I.e. two MFs both need to be at or above 7.5%. I've recently seen two INF matched at 7.1% but nothing triggered, but one of those MFs is in an Election state in another system, so that might block here.

Also, while we're at it, what are the other states thresholds...

E.g. conflict/election for overwhelming influence (i.e. a non-controlling MF reaching, is it, 60%, 70%?)

Level to trigger Expansion (believe it's 75%).

Minimum triggers too, say Retreat state to commence below 2.5% or needs to be driven to 2.5% (or lower) on day 4?

Jane Turner

Volunteer Moderator
We have always assumed 5, others report 7.5. as the minimum for war. We've not had an instance that low to confirm since the difference of opinion was raised.

The coup threshold is anything above 60 - but beware rounding unp effects.
Expansion threshold is 75 again beware rounding.

I would put my mortgage on the latter 2.

Retreat is 2.5 to start and above 2.5 on the day before it ends. You can be below 2.5 on the last day and not get the retreat.

Recent info suggests matching above 7%, however I have none under 7.5% in my region. The lowest is 7.6% for me.

If a faction is already in a conflict in another system, it can't get a second pending until that first one clears recovery - so it won't matter if its matching - only one conflict at a time.

Thanks both. I saw 7.1% matched in a system I'm watching, but no conflict/election state achieved and on closer inspection one of them is in conflict elsewher. I actually thought ED didn't directly match in a second system like the one I'm watching (i.e. no 'false positives') but does 'anchor' and pair two influences IF a conflict/election state can be achieved - i.e. one MF Inf won't go hareing past the other, even if you've loaded up on Inf moving activity.

That leaves me now with the non-conflicted MF on 7.3% and a further MF that I'm interested in on 6.9%. But I need the 6.9% to canter past the 7.3% without triggering anything as I'm after a bigger fish sitting on 11.0%. Hope that makes sense.

Side question, related to the 60% coup level.

If I push a non-controlling MF above 60%, but the controlling MF is pending Election in a different system, I presume nothing happens in this system. Once that other election completes and the controlling MF here becomes available again, assuming the non-controlling MF remains above 60% does that automatically trigger a conflict, or does that only happen when the 60% level is actually crossed (from a lower number below 60%)?

Side question, related to the 60% coup level.

If I push a non-controlling MF above 60%, but the controlling MF is pending Election in a different system, I presume nothing happens in this system. Once that other election completes and the controlling MF here becomes available again, assuming the non-controlling MF remains above 60% does that automatically trigger a conflict, or does that only happen when the 60% level is actually crossed (from a lower number below 60%)?

I don't believe resumption is automatic - you have to give the situation a little nudge once all obstacles have been removed.

I don't believe resumption is automatic - you have to give the situation a little nudge once all obstacles have been removed.
it is not needed.

I have been watching the same region for a year and if you let a conflict expire, or when one resolves and influence is matching it'll automatically lock and go pending without help.

In rare instances it seems to lock on its own, but I think it occurs when something is done in the system by someone I can't see.

We've never needed a nudge

Ok, well I was holding it at ~55% but did some missions yesterday that should take it 60%+ and then it's just a waiting game for the controlling MF to clear its conflict state elsewhere and then trigger the coup in my watched system (and presuming I maintain it over 60%). Presume for coup the winning criteria is the same (will be a War, so 5% gap?). Seems like a coup state (if you can achieve it) gives a massive advantage to the challenger MF, as the controlling MF has a hill to climb but will benefit from a full range of activities including bounty hunting and trading (assuming a CMDR is behind it, rather than random chance).

So I pushed hard to increase up the 6.9% MF but it locked into and matched the 7.3% MF and triggered pending Civil War. So I guess the threshold is below 7.5%!!

So I pushed hard to increase up the 6.9% MF but it locked into and matched the 7.3% MF and triggered pending Civil War. So I guess the threshold is below 7.5%!!

200.gif

Top Bottom