Influence stays locked during cooldown - bug or feature?

The update this morning as well as server side updates over last week apparently fixed a lot of the BGS problems.

But as the title says observed after the tick this afternoon influence remained locked for my PMF, despite having run +30 worth of influence points from missions (in a low population system) on previous tick. However my PMF came out of an election on the tick before that so are now in the "cooldown" state, which it appears is the reason that influence is still locked, as we had the same thing last week after a war during cooldown period, then influence started moving again after cooldown ended.

So now just wondering if this is a bug or supposed to be an intended feature. As influence locks for the days when you go pending to a conflict, so I guess it might now be a thing that it is also supposed to stay locked during the 2 days of cooldown after. I suppose that makes sense as it prevents use of the cooldown period to leapfrog other factions and the faction is recovering from a conflict so wouldnt be in a position to gain influence so probably intended.

Last edited:
So now just wondering if this is a bug or supposed to be an intended feature. As influence locks for the days when you go pending to a conflict, so I guess it might now be a thing that it is also supposed to stay locked during the 2 days of cooldown after. I suppose that makes sense as it prevents use of the cooldown period to leapfrog other factions and the faction is recovering from a conflict so wouldnt be in a position to gain influence so probably intended.
I think it's probably working as designed for the reasons you give. Whether some of the consequences of this are "as intended" I'm less sure.

You can see the change in the patterns of influence with most of it being locked in conflicts at any time in this system graph
https://cdb.sotl.org.uk/systems/5/history?minrange=3304-11-18&maxrange=3305-01-18

Last edited:
Yes, quite sure its "by design" - Design IMHO that is in virtually all cases worse than before. Expect an Paper on the subject when I can summon the enthusiasm.

Top Bottom