(info) First bonus for playing in OPEN under consideration for PP

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
In order to raise awareness for those that don't peruse the Power Play forums...

FD considering "significant" bonus to Power Play players for playing in Open. IMO, more bonus for playing in OPEN will soon follow.

Please keep this thread discussion about how the potential change to PP might be applied to other aspects of the game (i.e. BGS).

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ost3669305

" I'm currently rather taken by the concept of a success multiplier for Commanders in Open Play. this modifier would not improve personal gains from power play activities, but it would magnify the effectiveness of a power's actions (expand, oppose, fortify, undermine). And the effect would probably be significant." - Sandro

Last edited:
For those that don't peruse the Power Play forums...

FD to introduce "significant" bonus to Power Play players for playing in Open. IMO, more bonus for playing in OPEN will soon follow.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ost3669305

" I'm currently rather taken by the concept of a success multiplier for Commanders in Open Play. this modifier would not improve personal gains from power play activities, but it would magnify the effectiveness of a power's actions (expand, oppose, fortify, undermine). And the effect would probably be significant." - Sandro

I don't see what is wrong with this. Also you are speculating about Open mode in its totality receiving any sort of multiplier.

This is speculation based on a suggestion that may or may not be implemented, don't go proclaiming the end of the world just yet.

There's absolutely zero evidence the devs want to implement any kind of bonus for non-powerplay Open activity

I think it will hurt PP, but I made my comment on PP in that forum.

I posted in here so people who don't PP will see the change being made and what it MIGHT mean for Open in general. This is the main reason I posted in DD forum.

Based on Sandro saying what I quoted above, I don't see how one could not apply the same idea to other aspects of Open that have been hashed over before. To ME, it seems the devs have made a decision.

I think it will hurt PP, but I made my comment on PP in that forum.

I posted in here so people who don't PP will see the change being made and what it MIGHT mean for Open in general. This is the main reason I posted in DD forum.

Based on Sandro saying what I quoted above, I don't see how one could not apply the same idea to other aspects of Open that have been hashed over before. To ME, it seems the devs have made a decision.

I think it will make PP better, a lot of clans and groups left PP precisely because they felt stupid grinding knowing that there are people grinding against them and there is not a chance that they can do anything about it. This is bringing the needed balance to a the competitive mechanic known as Power Play.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Well this didn't take long!

Good luck guys. Sandro throws out an idea and BOOM! Everything is Open is going to be bonused! Yep. This will end well!

Sarcasm is real >_>

Let me ask this...how does something similar NOT get applied to BGS impacts?

Because BGS isn't an explicit competitive mechanic of the game, whereas Power Play is.

People can still flip systems can cause a major pain to the power faction they wish to influence or even the system itself.

Edit:

Hold on, what is your credential in Power Play?

Last edited:
I love it when a potentiality masquerades as a certainty.

Sandro said they might have time to work on powerplay and they might consider implementing a multiplier to some activities as a means of sparking discussion.

Goose4291

Banned
I love it when a potentiality masquerades as a certainty.

Sandro said they might have time to work on powerplay and they might consider implementing a multiplier to some activities as a means of sparking discussion.

I'm considering the fact the devs are even considering this at last a step in the right direction :)

OMG why not just have zero rank progress in SOLO and have done with it. It's supposed to be a Universe isn't it? Well too bad we are not able to decide who we want in our own reality - come on FD!
Thereby solving the lonely OPEN play for all players. No more mode switching just for extra convenient spawns for Missions and NPCs.

Last edited:
Well this didn't take long!

Good luck guys. Sandro throws out an idea and BOOM! Everything is Open is going to be bonused! Yep. This will end well!
:) Relax. Take a breath. You are the only one using the phrase "Everything is Open is going to be bonused!" In my OP, I said "IMO, more bonus for playing in OPEN will soon follow."

I then followed up with the example of the BGS, where players compete with NPC factions, and often player group factions, for control of stations and systems.

OMG why not just have zero rank progress in SOLO and have done with it. It's supposed to be a Universe isn't it? Well too bad we are not able to decide who we want in our own reality - come on FD!
Thereby solving the lonely OPEN play for all players. No more mode switching just for extra convenient spawns for Missions and NPCs.

That's hyperbole and slippery slope in the most obvious sense.

If (if!) that were to happen, id say just put all the seed files in a zipped folder and distribute it via Bit Torrent alongside a solo client.

I consider it quite the opposite.

As do I. Incentivising ANYTHING if done in open play vice the private group or solo options directly contradicts, in my opinion, the notion that all 3 play/mode options are equal in status, as planned and promoted from early in development. Fortunately, just because the Devs might investigate it (no harm in doing that) doesn't mean it will ever come to fruition.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom