Info on Thermal Conduit effect.

i am afraid not as long as the heat system is not reworked and i dont see this coming shortly. one has no problem to constantly overheat his ship to get the 60% buff on every volley without having problematic penalties at all.
so imho the damage increase has to be changed as well.
Like I said the rail build is almost on parity right now as it is.. there are quite a lot who run it that it's almost meta. if you reduce the TC effect you'd have to be very careful to not go too far, I'd be ok with a sliding scale but would need careful balancing. It's an art to manage heat with TC as it is. You would absolutely just be making a rail spam meta if you reduce the effect of TC too much.

I stand firm that TC on PAs is the last thing that needs balance as this is the highest skill level weapon in the game.

If the goal is for more ships to be viable for pvp in terms of healthpol than the heavy duty shield booster stacking is the 1st thing to touch.

Great players make having heat between 100-160 look easy, but it is quite the contrary. Actually I will try later how long does it take for heat to wreck the fdl modules. Once I died because the thrusters malfunctioned with shields still on. Generating heat is easy for sure, keeping it on meaningful levels is not.

I stand firm that TC on PAs is the last thing that needs balance as this is the highest skill level weapon in the game.

If the goal is for more ships to be viable for pvp in terms of healthpol than the heavy duty shield booster stacking is the 1st thing to touch.

Great players make having heat between 100-160 look easy, but it is quite the contrary. Actually I will try later how long does it take for heat to wreck the fdl modules. Once I died because the thrusters malfunctioned with shields still on. Generating heat is easy for sure, keeping it on meaningful levels is not.
Personally I agree with this! This is an open discussion area but I would be of this opinion for what it's worth.

@Pigletslastand
i gracefully disagree and i dont want a rail meta. i would like to see many different builds and options coming back in organic pvp.
but in addition i dont think a rail meta will come in wide scale. or in other words not everyone who flies a meta plasma tc fdl now will change to (srb) rails.
Personally I love LR rails but can’t really see why they even created the SRB ones, and I would like to see them nerfed, at least to some extent, they ruin my immersion :) . SRB plasma does kind of make sense and maybe they could be buffed a bit (more damage but more heat) to partially compensate for the TC nerf??

Personally I love LR rails but can’t really see why they even created the SRB ones, and I would like to see them nerfed, at least to some extent, they ruin my immersion :) . SRB plasma does kind of make sense and maybe they could be buffed a bit (more damage but more heat) to partially compensate for the TC nerf??
short range plasma means 2 km range
so not really srb like 1km with the rails.

if you reduce the TC effect you'd have to be very careful to not go too far, I'd be ok with a sliding scale but would need careful balancing
@Pigletslastand and again agreed

so could we come along with
1) no more TC if the ship is below 100% (also no delayed shots work - keep heat of the first until reload time is over)
2) a careful balance of the damage level related to the heat of the ship with a stop at a certain point
?

It's not really about balance, but actually fixing it.
IMO it's as bugged as premium ammo with plasma slugs
Oh God no it's not that bad.. as I said earlier, there is another build almost the same in terms of damage output and as Stellarnight says.. Plasmas are harder to use than anything else (well maybe fixed multis) but they are not a broken exploit or else the PvP community would have outlawed them en mass, like healies and premium!

oh, so healies and premiums and tc plasmas are all permitted in the pvp tournaments... ok, my bad.
No.. TC is very much allowed in tournaments, Healies and premium are banned. Perhaps Akuma held a tourney where they banned TC but that is NOT representative of tournaments held in general. Everyone runs TC all of the time.. those that aren't running rails that is. It's allowed in every tourney I've ever been in and I've never seen it banned.

I love the FDL but I understand why people are upset, I wish more ships were as good as the FDL at PVP combat. If other common combat ships like the Chieftan, FAS, or Krait were able to perform as well as the FDL it would be nice. I don't want to see the FDL nerfed, but would be very happy with a buff to bring other ships to its level. I may be verging on heresy here, but what if some ships were better than the FDL in some ways??
Also I do not get the moaning against the FDL - just try to learn it yourself. If you get dunked by a FDL it's not because the ship is overpowered, but because the CMDR who is flying it have invested time to get good and is much better than you.

I love the FDL but I understand why people are upset, I wish more ships were as good as the FDL at PVP combat. If other common combat ships like the Chieftan, FAS, or Krait were able to perform as well as the FDL it would be nice. I don't want to see the FDL nerfed, but would be very happy with a buff to bring other ships to its level. I may be verging on heresy here, but what if some ships were better than the FDL in some ways??
There will always be a superior ship just like there will always be a superior meta. In fact the FDL can be beaten by the likes of a krait or a python in 1v1s.. just not in wing fights where the FDL is king which is good I suppose. If it was down to Arf it would be the chieftain lol

The reason for banning TC plasma in pvp league was I quote one of the organizers.
So that newbies don't get dumpstered in 4v4s that last 2 minutes
They'll still lose but they'll get a bit more time to experience the tournament
So Mr. Northpin and Tebor just show how clueless they are.
This and the 4 booster limit maid SRB rails lance viable in the tournament as fights could be finished before ships cooked off all their modules running that hot build.

The reason for banning TC plasma in pvp league was I quote one of the organizers.

So Mr. Northpin and Tebor just show how clueless they are.
This and the 4 booster limit maid SRB rails lance viable in the tournament as fights could be finished before ships cooked off all their modules running that hot build.
My apologies then there was a tourney where TC was banned ^^ but as you can see it had other reasons, No tourney or fight night or meet up that I'm involved in has ever outlawed TC.

No.. TC is very much allowed in tournaments, Healies and premium are banned. Perhaps Akuma held a tourney where they banned TC but that is NOT representative of tournaments held in general. Everyone runs TC all of the time.. those that aren't running rails that is. It's allowed in every tourney I've ever been in and I've never seen it banned.
i was part of a big pvp turnament hosted by roa with more then 10 teams participating in a 3v3 in rocks in this winter. tc was banned there.
it was a crossover event with a lot of international pvpers and this is just one example.
afaik TC was banned from several pvp turnaments in the past.

i was part of a big pvp turnament hosted by roa with more then 10 teams participating in a 3v3 in rocks in this winter. tc was banned there.
it was a crossover event with a lot of international pvpers and this is just one example.
afaik TC was banned from several pvp turnaments in the past.
That ROA tourney didn't exactly cover itself in glory did it or represent the wider world of Elite! Are you in the Hub? Ever come out to the fight nights??

It’s 1.5 for rails and 1.8 for PAs, but point taken. I would still give SR PAs a bit more damage.
nope its about the damage fall off
for rails it starts at 1 km and ends at 1.5
at about 1.2 km distance the damage of a srb rail is lower then a long range

with srb plasmas the range is 1.8 and the falloff starts at 1.75 km to be precise. pas are seldom shot at this distance so a buff would just make this weapon even stronger as it is now.

That ROA tourney didn't exactly cover itself in glory did it or represent the wider world of Elite! Are you in the Hub? Ever come out to the fight nights??
the so called pvp hub where the well known people are in charge is one of the reason why the pvp community is split for good.
and yes there was a lot participation in this turnament from all sides of the law and the community it did represent the wider world of Elite PvP!

So that newbies don't get dumpstered in 4v4s that last 2 minutes
They'll still lose but they'll get a bit more time to experience the tournament

well thanks for confirmation.
tldr too high damage output.

Top Bottom