The Galactic Mapping Project & Historical Archive of Exploration

Name:Mokosh
Game map search ref:CHEIA EOHN IM-T D4-2 B 2 B
Description:Named after the Slavic great earth Mother Goddess. A planet in the outer reaches of the Formorian Frontier, that seems to be completely covered in grass due to its green color. It has some amazing mountains and deep canyons all over the planet. there is also a thin green atmosphere. There are 14 Geological and 8 Biological sites on the planet, featuring carbon dioxide gas vents, carbon dioxide ice fumaroles, carbon dioxide ice geysers and crystalline shards.
Screenshot reference:
planetinfo.jpg

planetfar.jpg
mountains1.jpg

mountains2.jpg

shards.jpg

canyon.jpg

view1.jpg

Last edited:
Are earthlike/waterworlds really POI-worthy?
There are some in the map, so I suggest more here. If the people in charge of the map decide not to add them, it's fine, they decide.
Anyway, I think that a system with three Earth-Like Worlds is definitely a PoI.

MAP UPDATED: post 3954 to 4082

Added:
  • Shadow Nebula
  • Dawn Crater
  • Sheol
  • Far Oasis
  • Mount Wesley
  • David and Goliath
  • Rocky Showers
  • The Twisted Twins
  • Rati´s Egg
  • Corsair's Treasure
  • Troianas
  • The Many Moons of Troy
  • Three Lifes in Dark
  • White, Blue, Black
  • Jackson's Blue Light (post 3870) <- PN not in the galactic core
  • Leviathan's Lair (posr 3301) <- PN not in the galactic core
Updated (or in some cases "downgraded"):
Note from post #1: "Other POI - these are basically everything else, in addition they also include 'downgraded' POIs - that is POIs that were once considered interesting but with the introduction of new content, graphical updates, more variety, and more interesting discoveries, they have somewhat lost the appeal they once held."
  • Assairshch Torment <- Image added and changed to "Other POI"
  • Delos <- Changed to "Other POI"
  • Eembaist Torment <- Image added and changed to "Other POI"
  • Arach Planetary Nebula <- Corrected system name and updated POI name
  • Iris Missive <- Corrected system name
  • Fire Cloud Nebula <- Updated description
  • Aishady Beacon <- Image added
  • Greene Plain <- Updated description and changed to "Other POI"
  • Steam Horse Nebula <- Image added
  • Steam Horse Nebula Geysers <- Updated description and changed to "Other POI"
  • Midway Geysers <- Updated description and changed to "Other POI"
  • Dryau Awesomes <- Updated description
  • Splosh <- Added image and updated description
  • Niteo Gigans <- Changed from "Historical" to "Other POI"
  • Roseum Somnium <- Changed from "Historical" to "Other POI"
  • Gleshpoint <- Changed from "Historical" to "Other POI"
  • Sword of Damocles <- Changed from "Historical" to "Other POI"
  • Kyloall Oddity <- Changed from "Historical" to "Other POI"
  • Misty Mountains of Byeia Free <- Changed from "Historical" to "Other POI"
  • Pink Marshmallow <- Changed from "Historical" to "Other POI"
  • Midas' Respite <- Changed from "Historical" to "Other POI"
  • Heliotropeia Monoceratos <- Changed from "Historical" to "Other POI"
  • The Mysterious Light <- Changed from "Historical" to "Other POI"
Not Added:
  • Fraternal Dancers
  • Witches Brew
  • ELW and WW systems in post 3967
  • Fogg's Rooftop Lab
  • Sanctuary
  • Post 4000 (not named)
  • Carnegie's Dream
  • Spider's Web
  • Misty Crater of Acheron
  • Multiple suggestions of super heavy stars (post 4036) <- if some of these have additional interesting features or are located in very sparse locations on the map they might be worth resubmitting with more details.
  • Starburst Nebula Cluster <- You might want to submit them HERE instead :)
  • Kvervandi star cluster (post #4029) <- See THIS POST
  • Gaia
  • The Explorer's Menu
  • Radiant Paradise
  • Life from Water
  • Red Undine Haven
  • Red and Blue Sisters
  • Velvet Dancers <- This was a close call and the images are really nice! However, in order to be added I think the GGs should have been even closer to one another to make it truly spectacular. Still it is a nice location :)
  • Mokosh
Quite a lot of posts to process this time, so I did not take the time to write a reason for each one who was not accepted. If you are in doubt and would like an explanation feel free to ask in the thread or in a PM.

List of GMP contributors from Feb 3301 until this day:

(Updated by going through the thread all the way back to our latest update of this list (post 3231)):

If you have contributed but are not on the list, please send me a PM with a link to the forum post where you made a POI submission, provided an image, or otherwise made a contribution to the GMP.

MAPPING PROJECT CONTRIBUTORS
A
AbsolutePK, Absolver, A. C. Dobro VI, Adeezha, Admiral Spoon, Agony_Aunt, Aiki_Zvezda, Akira Masakari, Akurei, Alac, Alec Turner, Alesia , AlexBrentnall, Alex Swindler, Alex Traut, Alistair Hope, Alkibiades, Allitnil, AlkholHardin, Ancient King, Andete, Andrew Gaspurr, Andrew Marcus, AndyBoom, AndyMJ, AnthorNet, Anuranium, Axonteer, ArachAu, Archaicjinn, Archvillain, Argon, Arkkan, Artemis quinn, Asayanami, Asdon, Astirian, Aterfax, Athrael Emathors, Atreyeu, Áurum, Azraphael

B
Babaa Yaga, Bafaut, Bakerloo, Barefoot Bandit, Baroness Galaxy, BastiWandeR, Bathuzad, Baton, Baxder, Becquerel, Bendurion, Bigmaec, BigZiggyHD, Billy Chase, BL1P, BlackMirror, Bluebottle, Bjorna, bobrodobro, BradHann, Bravada Cadelanne, Byped

C
Caedus, Captain Redeye, Chankk Saotome, Chessi, Chob, Chronverge, Chrystoph, Ciel Noir, CJPilot, CMDR Bartizan, CMDR DasExorcist, CMDR_Fru, CMDRGURU951, Cmdr Joe 2016, CMDRLeesti, CMDR Legomayhem, CMDR Mechia, CMDR Pitou, CMDR Robb Macruz, CMDR RogueJP, Cmdr ST4R F0X, Cmdr Tornadopelt, Coldglider, Commander Alesia, Conal Cuan, Corbin Moran, Coryphaeus, Coslnay, Coyote, Crassus, Crel00, Cula-Ta

D
Daemon Black, Dakeyras, Dalgin, Dandak, Dante Chusuk, dape, Darker than Black, DartBatiatus, David Bowman, Deadfight, Deathbane, Derthek, DeVice Null, Dobbo, Dinochrome, Diostar50, DocteurGui, Domaq, Dominic Hyde, Dommarraa, Dpjon, Draco, Draco84oz, Dragoon0123, Drake McCoy, Dr.Digital, Dread-Fox, Drew Wagar, drkaii, DrNoesis, Drownerfood, Dunadin, DVHeld, Dyse

E
Eahlstan, Edamski, EddyRockSteady, Edelgard von Rhein, edgar, edgepixel, Edmund Black, Eisen, EfilOne, El-Thorgrin, empyrean190, Enigmatic, EoD, Erimus, Ericbol0703, Esvandiary, EtherealCereal, Evil Ed, Evoflash, excalibus

F
Falconfly, Ferdan, Ferris, Finwen, FloatingGhost, floc, Flyinspaghetti, foobaron76, Frang, Frankymole, Frawd Digger, Frontier Guest 0195570, Fuchsov, Fuci, FurioMan, Fyrzo, FilmExile

G
Galaban, Gastone, Gazatronic, Gerakis, GerUA, Gibbonici, Giieko, Gombari Noah, graafje, Grebenkov, Gregg Rulz ok, GregMalcolm, Greytest, Griffin, Guy De Lombard, GuyWithoutAPie

H
Hanekura Shizuka, HansMeiser, Han Zulu, HappySpaceInvr, Harper Lewis, Hawkflight, Hathor86, HazardousMatt, Heavy Johnson, Henkka77, HEIFEHEN, Herzbube, Highwaywarrior, Histarium, Holint

I
iain666, Ian Dane, ibanix, IDragox, Idronan, IncoherentOrange, iospace, Iridium Nova, Iron Body, Iron Orchid, ishmair, italktowalls, Itznya Akkadia

J
Jackie Silver, Jak, Jaredd, Jason Thorpe, Jav Marlo, Jeff God of Biscuits, jenos, Jerek, Jermus, Jimbo Lazy, JKB, Joghiarius, Jonas Treesong, JonathanBurnage, Jorki Rasalas, jusaari11

K
Kalie Lennox, Kancro Vantas, Karaya1, Karla, kastia, Katejina, Kazahnn Drahnn, kccummings3, Kelanen Alcatraz, Kennzo, Kensei, Kerenn, khaos526, Kieffer, killosopher, Kiultoll, Kola2, KOLUMBUS, Konnivar, Kr1spy, Kray, Krikemaric, Kurama 1100, KvaNTy, Ky Vatta

L
Lance 'Spacecat' D, Lapsang Twobob, Largo Ormand, Leifur Eiriksson, Leif_Erikson, Lhynn, LivewareCascade, LoboEstelar, Logan Darklighter, LordFedora, Lord Tyvin, LtOBrien, Lucco, LuckyLuigi, Lurker, Lyneira, Lyrae Cursorius

M
MacrosTheBlack, Mad Billy, Mad-Max, Madraptor, Makrone, Malcotch, malenfant, Mai404, Maia Posideina, Major Klutz, Manae, Maolagin, Maro-Val, marx, Markzx59, Marlon Blake, Martín Afonso, Matt Kowalsky, MatYNWA, McBeathan, Mehdic, Mengy, Michael Darkmoor, mienamoo, Mikayé, Mike 'Ziggy' Lucas, Mist0, Mithrasyn, Mindwipe, mjmw, MNarath, Molan Ryke, Montague Druitt, Mooing, Moonrays, moose1036, mossfoot, mtt9999, MudAlfons, Murishani, Murf, Myshka

N
NCC71201, Neil Trayce, Nemaroth, Nexolek, NicoOlvia, Nik Fury, Nightstrider, Nijelu, Nstor, Nolanus Raven, Numida

O
Odengard, OhPif, Okopok, Olfart, Olivia Vespera, Orphius, Osser, Orvidius, Over, overlow, Ozric

P
Palkkipantteri, Panpiper, Pate, Peandreo, PGleesonuk, Phers, phxhawke, Picker, Pilot Mark, Pilot Pirx, Pinda Gupta, Pirin, Piso deUorrior, Pitsligo, Pnyx, Poseidal, Psypher, Psynergy, P4wel

Q
Qohen Leth, QuixoticKoala

R
rampart, Ranaulf, Reise Lang, Rise Kraven, robess, roboteconomist, Rocangus, RolloTreadway, Roqinn, roryclague, Rudi Raumkraut, Robert Macleod, Rogue Roxy

S
Saii, Sakrem, SanCo, Saool, Sapyx, Satsuma, Scal, Sclams, scorpiojoe, Scytale, Seamus Harper, Sepster, Setaou, shadmar, Sharkbiscuit, Shanaeri, Shiftycircle, shreddog, shx, silvermistshadow, Silvershadow, silversheen, Simon Darkstep, SirKiwi, SKafre, Sky Captain, sleoj, Souvarine, SpaceMonkeyz, Spiderkeegan, Spid3r, SpocksOddSocks, Squid509, Star_Crusider, Starfield, Starlanced, Starry, Steven BinghamSteyla, Stivl Writh, Straha Yeagar, strapkass, Stulli, Sunny v. Isegrim , Surefoot, Surly_Badger, Svenno, Swift Arrow,

T
tachyondecay, Taen, Tango1Down, Terrabla'e, Thalkran, Tharrn, Thatchinho, The Doc, thestyx, TheTick, Thewanderer, ThorCoolguy, thundernuns, Thrawn29, Threeofseven, tired_man, Tom X, Tornadopelt, Traveler, Traveller_GG, Trevor Goodchild, Tromador, Troopi, Tubby, Tumama, Turjan, turkwinif, TwoFingers, Tychu9, Tyy’sun Eson

U
Ultimus, UrbanOrange

V
Varonica, Vasious, Vekt Ey'doom, Ventri, vetal_l, Viva la Ben, Vovva The Bluehaired

W
Waylander Sagan, Wargrum, WesULVD, Wesley Bilby, Weylandt, Wheelybob, Whiterose, Whitmann, Winna, winston, who?, Whoamus, Woodenhorsė

X
Xandermud, Xenia_K, XFightingFalconX, Xhaler, Xin-Ai, xNathRulez22, Xydhroz

Y
Yanick

Z
Zaph Nova, Zenika, Zenith Ddraiglas, Zer0axis, Ziggy Stardust, Zil Zalo, Zinnsei, Zion Ravescene, Zulu Romeo, Zweistein000

#
59thLefty

Special thanks to the Rock Rats, CoR, Canonn, and FGE.

Last edited:
Looking at the entry for IRAS 21565-3937 (IC 5148) on EDSM it says

Nicknamed the Spare-tyre nebula, IC 5148 is a planetary nebula located around 1 degree west of Lambda Gruis in the constellation of Grus (The Crane). It was discovered by Australian amateur astronomer Walter Gale in 1894. Around 3000 light-years distant, it is expanding at a rate of 50 kilometres a second, one of the fastest of all planetary nebulae. Due to being almost 2400 light years below the galactic plane, it is unreachable by current FSD technology.

Perhaps this needs to be updated now to say that it was visited by the Canonn Megaship the Gnosis in June 3305 as the target of Operation Cabin Fever.

Xk1EYdC.png

Name: Meowzipan's Triangle
GalMap Ref: Cat's Paw Sector HR-W d1-29 1&2
Description: These two ringed Gas Giants are Trojan worlds, being equidistant from each other and their sun, sharing an orbital distance and period, creating an equilateral triangle. Not only is this a rare phenomenon, but the system itself also provides stunning views of the nearby Cat's Paw Nebula. The POI is named for the submitter's late close feline friend.

QScQjMk.jpg

aKjq2HG.jpg

zXHgcho.jpg

VWIeyis.jpg

6xUyG3B.jpg

7DLYI3g.jpg

AktKjCE.jpg

EDIT: My geometry teachers would be very disappointed...

Last edited:
Quick thing, it seems the Dryau Awesomes description is glitched out and cut off.

Fixed it!

Quite weird actually... It looks like the string "(<3ls)" in the written description caused EDSM to cut off the rest of the text. I tried reinserting it, but the same thing happened again with the text being cropped at that string. When I changed it to "(less than 3 ls)" the text was not cropped. Or perhaps it was just some random fluke...

Unfortunately, in that process we have lost the link back to the original post by StarFox in the GMP thread were it was originally submitted. If anyone can help dig out that link Id like to reattach it to the post. (Ill probably dig it out myself eventually, but it may take some time).

Last edited:
Fixed it!

Quite weird actually... It looks like the string "(<3ls)" in the written description caused EDSM to cut off the rest of the text. I tried reinserting it, but the same thing happened again with the text being cropped at that string. When I changed it to "(less than 3 ls)" the text was not cropped. Or perhaps it was just some random fluke...

Sounds like a bug in how EDSM is handling the "less than" symbol in the text fields. It's used as the start of HTML tags, so EDSM would need to convert those to HTML encoded punctuation (in this case "&lt;"), otherwise the browser thinks that it's opening a long HTML tag that contains the rest of the text. At least, this is what I suspect is happening, since that's a pretty typical failure with text entry in websites.

Or, since it's posting the text literally, you could probably enter the "&lt;" code yourself, in place of the "<".

EDIT: Actually it's possible that this isn't a bug, so much as letting you have HTML encoding in your text entry. Hmm.

Name:Tellurium Fields
Game map search ref:Bla Bloae RF-L d9-77
Description:A fairly ordinary system, though a binary pair of terraformable water worlds are certainly worth mentioning, the main attraction is the far moon near the secondary star, object B 2 D. The crystalline shards here provide enough Tellurium (for your premium AFM refills and SRV repairs) to fill your hopper from empty, in a close knit and easily harvested area at any of the biological spots on the moon.
Screenshot reference:

I'm aware, from previous submissions, that planetary nebula are no-longer considered. However I am popping this one in as the system also contains an ELW, which may make it more note worthy.

Dennehyhalla (The hall of Dennehy)
SPLOJOAE DA-A E5521

A black hold sat within it own rust coloured planetary nebula, with an Earth-Like world orbiting the tertiary. What is interesting is that the shock front and expanding stellar material must have passed that ELW at some point in the past. What would that have meant for life on the planet?

muqRVuL.png

GfDOdyC.png

EZLhiJR.png

OGbQwca.png

uJVsKr0.png

QJLzewf.png

All new submissions require a photo, except for exceptionally unusual circumstances.

Apologies for the late reply, i wasnt very active in the past month or so.
I understand the requirement and posted a photo showing the nebula on the galaxy map, compared to another normal size nebula. IMO, this is the only photo which can demonstrate it's uniqueness. From within the system it looks like any other nebula and so is from a nearby system - unless there is another nebula nearby to compare the visible size. Which is not the case.
So, i am not sure, what kind of photo i am expected to submit in this case?

Map update in progress: Post 4084 to 4094

Added:
  • Dennehyhalla
Updated:
  • IC 5148 <- Added image and updated description
  • Ghost of Jupier <- Added image
Not added:

Pending:

• Xenoneo's Triangle <- Currently checking the rarity of this phenomenon. Also, as a rule of thumb we try to avoid POIs being named after commanders. You are welcome to suggest another name. (not added. see post 4115)
  • Tellurium Fields <- Currently waiting for second opinions on the notability of this. (added. see post 4115)
excuse me, but the Pink Planet no it there here !!!

Unfortunately the special pink glow was lost in a game update. The POI description allready mentions this, but we plan to make some changes in the near future, to make it more clear that this is an obsolete POI.

I understand the requirement and posted a photo showing the nebula on the galaxy map, compared to another normal size nebula. IMO, this is the only photo which can demonstrate it's uniqueness. From within the system it looks like any other nebula and so is from a nearby system - unless there is another nebula nearby to compare the visible size. Which is not the case.
So, i am not sure, what kind of photo i am expected to submit in this case?

We also use the screenshots from the system map or from within the system itself as an easy way to get verification that the system was actually visited (and not just found on the GalMap). In this case you dont have to do anything further - we just spent a little extra time to get verification via EDSM of your visit to the system. We have allready added the POI to the map and all is well :)

It is unclear to me what is the point of your post? To you want to share the contents of the system map? Do you want to tell us that the permit to the system is no longer there?

Last edited:
On another note, while not being part of the GMP team, with the recent updates I don't really get what now the difference between "Other POI" and "Historical POI" is.
Like for example, the furthest stars South, East, North and West (Amundsen's, Magellan's etc.) are "Historical" ones, while the meridian stars (Manifest Destiny etc.) are "Other". That doesn't really make sense to me.

Top Bottom