The Galactic Mapping Project & Historical Archive of Exploration

[TD]Description:[/TD]
[TD]Situated on around the 1st Moon of the 5th planet, The Forever Keep is surrounded by thick high walls formed from the impact of a crater, a lone mountain reaching up over 17km into the sky acting as its spire, a moat of shadows protecting it from ner-do-wells. At its peak, the world curves around the ruler, allowing him to view the entirety of his domain without interruption.

I like this submission, but the pictures don't nearly do it justice; it really needs a daylight picture showing the crater and the mountain.

Did I come too late to ED? Any chance that some large expedition is being planned?
You can check at the EDSM Expeditions tab and see whether there is anything that fits your desire. At the moment the "largest" (in terms of lightyears traveled) is probably the currently ongoing Pegasus Run 3305, a galactic circumnavigation. You could theoretically still join, but we are about half-way through, so you would have to do some serious catching up, but depending on your exploration style it is possible.

You can check at the EDSM Expeditions tab and see whether there is anything that fits your desire. At the moment the "largest" (in terms of lightyears traveled) is probably the currently ongoing Pegasus Run 3305, a galactic circumnavigation. You could theoretically still join, but we are about half-way through, so you would have to do some serious catching up, but depending on your exploration style it is possible.
Thanks for the answer. That's a great website, didn't see the explorations page in it before. I doubt I can join this one, but I'll do my best to get an exploration ship to my liking soon to join another one. Cheers

Name of POIThe Bilberry Helium Dream
System and Planet nameHypuejio GT-F D12-175 (planet 4)
DescriptionSituated in the Inner Orion-Perseus Conflux a mere 10k ly north-west of Colonia, this Helium-rich gas giant is one of the rare ones resembling the "blue" Class III gas giants. It has an unique colour code, appearing in a striking nightly dark blue with bright white cloud layers/stripes inside. With all that, the gas giant looks like a ball of bilberry ice cream and, thanks to its brighter cloud layers, a bit like a "glowing" gas giant that survived their nerf in 3.3.
Together with its rings, four moons, and nearby objects, the planet could make a nice stopover and screenshot opportunity for explorers travelling between Colonia and the northern/western regions of the galaxy.
Screenshot proof

Last edited:
Post updated !
Name:The Waltz of Castor & Pollux
Game map search ref:NGC 7380 SECTOR WC-D B15-3
edsmref.jpg
Description :Discovered during the Perseus Reach Expedition in 3306, "The Waltz of Castor & Pollux" has a fun configuration you might notice when entering the system.

In fact:
- Castor (1) and Pollux (2) are both landable HMC worlds with beautiful rings and contain geological sites. Planet (1) own a small moon (1A) with mountains.
-Those three bodies are orbiting their M class star at only 8.3LS.
-Both planets (1) & (2) have a tiny orbital period of 0.7 day and the moon is doing its loop very fast too (0.3d).

"The Waltz of Castor and Pollux"
Castor & Pollux are twins brother In Greek mythology, they share a bond so strong that when Castor dies, Pollux gives up half of his immortality to be with his brother.
Considering that those 2 bodies are very close each other, we can see them as unseparable twins brother. The idea of the "waltz" is to represent the movement of their small and circular orbital periods.

Due to this short orbital period time, if you drop in normal space between those 3 bodies and their parent star, you will be able to see the group of planets rapidly spinning on their orbital plane.
A good system to visit for all the wanderers or those who like creative screenshots with at the most : 4 bodies on the same picture!

See the video that show this discovery here :
Source: https://youtu.be/NH-h92vo9go?t=382
Screenshot reference :
EDSM2.jpg

ap_5FE26B9A-1E88-4C0C-A3CA-29CF8B6C88CF.jpg

EDSM3.jpg

EDSM5.jpg

Attachments

• ap_D19D9E32-C858-4EDB-B046-301192F56BDF.JPEG
    ap_D19D9E32-C858-4EDB-B046-301192F56BDF.JPEG
    176.6 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:
Name:Australis Ferris Wheel
Game map search ref:Eol Hypa GE-E d13-2
2020-02-21 22-50-09 Eol Hypa GE-E d13-2.png
Description:This system located in the Outer Arm Vacuus on the road to Sepositus Beacon has an interesting close ring proximity feature.
The class IV gas giant A 1 has metal rings with an outer radius of 467,693 km with a high rotational speed.
The rocky world A 1 a has a close ring proximity and is slightly offset from the rings plane. This moon provides an exceptional view of these rings. It is possible to experience some disorientation while SRV riding on the surface by the mere presence of these imposing fast moving rings in the field of view.
When the A-type star passes in backlight, it adds a particularly powerful light that produces a halo around the gas giant. A mist can appears at the surface during an eclipse or at night.

This system was the subject of a waypoint during the Winter Australis Expedition in February 3306.
Screenshot reference:
2019-11-10 23-32-41 Eol Hypa GE-E d13-2.png

2019-11-11 00-12-10 Eol Hypa GE-E d13-2.png

2019-11-11 00-19-38 Eol Hypa GE-E d13-2.png
2020-02-20 17-48-37 Eol Hypa GE-E d13-2 (HighRes).png

2020-02-20 17-06-54 Eol Hypa GE-E d13-2 (HighRes).png

2020-02-21 20-20-40 Eol Hypa GE-E d13-2 (HighRes).png
Feel free to correct my English sentences. Everybody knows that French people struggle to write in English ;)

Last edited:
Name:The Impossable Quintet
Game map search ref:Agnaiw AA-A h49
Description:Inside this unusually lively triple black hole system is all known forms of life. This system has a water world (BC 1 a), ammonia world (A 4 g), 2 water giants (A 3, BC 2), and, most impressively, a ringed Earth-like world (BC 8 d).

Found using data from edastro.com
Screenshot reference: Source: https://imgur.com/a/JepG55w
Only just seen this entry :)
I found this system on 19 Jan 2019. I am about to re-visit as I pass with the Perseus Reach Expedition,

Name:Groot face (POI)
Game map search ref:Fraufuae RX-A d1-98 [1b] {1.50, 19.30}
Description:On the rocky planet 1B at the coordinates 1.50, 19.30 the mountain mass Groot rises, whose highest peak marks 8215m.
Seen from orbit, incredibly, it takes the shape of a face, that of Groot, the famous Marvel character, the living tree.
Screenshot reference:
unknown.png

GROOT.jpg

share-external.png

share-external.png

share-external.png
From the EXCP Expanders Corp:
CMDR VonGuss
CMDR Orpheus Bat
CMDR Lord Morotok

GMP Update #4545-#4571 (plus #4596)

The 'I Felt Guilty About The Long Delay' edition

Not added:

* Blue-White Anomaly (#4550): There are 3 systems with ELWs and O-class stars; this is not a solo O-class which would be a record. There are also many many examples of other systems with O-class stars and life-bearing worlds (WWs, AWs). Keep hunting!

* Ragnar's Eye (#4552) - we have plenty of NS ELWs on file, and this one isn't unique/unusual

Added:

• The Amphitheatre (#4546)
  • King Of The North (#4547)
  • Royal Colors Nebula (#4548)
  • Monde de la Vie (#4549)
  • Living Moons (#4551)
  • Williamson's Legacy (#4554)
  • Fly By Ice (#4558)
  • Skull Rock Garden (#4560)
  • Red Cyclotron (#4564)
  • The YARAGN Iowhaih Nebula (#4570)
  • Bizarro Moon (#4596)

Updated:

* Mount Aoscs - changed to indicate it is no longer the highest system reached & returned

Pending:

* The Dancing Dwarves POI says it has "one binary and one trinary" system but only shows three total stars. Wondering if the wrong system is listed for this POI? https://www.edsm.net/en/system/bodies/id/2715951/name/Gludgou+EL-P+e5-18

* Entry for the highest system reached and returned, Dryee Free AA-A h4 (#4566)

Photo updates:

• Dancing Dwarves (Cmdr Rusted Bulk)
  • Cobweb Nebula (Cmdr chrisgg)
  • Gatehouse Nebula (Cmdr chrisgg)
  • House of Hades Nebula (Heavy Johnson)

Last edited:
GMP Update #4545-#4571 (plus #4596)

The 'I Felt Guilty About The Long Delay' edition

Not added:

* Blue-White Anomaly (#4550): There are 3 systems with ELWs and O-class stars; this is not a solo O-class which would be a record. There are also many many examples of other systems with O-class stars and life-bearing worlds (WWs, AWs). Keep hunting!

It is the only ELW with an O-class primary. Anyways, glad to see another update from you. :)

Name: The Ring of SMOOTIAE

Game map search ref: SMOOTIAE DH-A B6

Description: A system which looks pretty normal from the system map, but once you start flying towards the first ringed body, you will start to realise that the planet's ring is nowhere to be seen, that is untill you get between a few Mm away, then it pops into view as a waffer thin line stretching all the way around this planet. The ring itself doesn't get much wider either, as it only measures in at 11,177km across! These rings may be amongst the thinnest ever found to date (?), and a moddestly fast ship can fly from one side to the other in lest than a minute or two!

Screenshot reference:
Source: https://imgur.com/3qqmVmV

Source: https://imgur.com/fougL0m

Source: https://imgur.com/wHPKtW8

Last edited:
Name: Miracle Oceans of DRYAA BLOU

Game map search ref: DRYAA BLOU YK-P D5-332

Description: A neutron star system with a red Y class secondary star. What makes this system remarkable, is that the Y class has not one, but three terraformable water worlds, plus an Earth-Like world orbiting around it, which by looking at their orbital periods is a miracle they even exist at all!

Screenshot Ref: Source: https://imgur.com/dHJtGFn

Last edited:
Top Bottom