The Galactic Mapping Project & Historical Archive of Exploration

I found a system that had 3 large stars (sorry i don't have the types memorized yet but it was a large white star and 2 yellows) within 46 ls of each other. I took a nice screen shot of it. I will upload it later. I would love to name the system. I also found a water-gas giant within 100ls-200ls of a star that had water based life.

Update:

I have uploaded the pics of before mentioned systems. check them out and tell me what you think.

Attachments

• wregduia st_i d9_3.png
    wregduia st_i d9_3.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 890
  • wregduia wa-j b-37-1.png
    wregduia wa-j b-37-1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 823
Last edited:
I found a system that had 3 large stars (sorry i don't have the types memorized yet but it was a large white star and 2 yellows) within 46 ls of each other. I took a nice screen shot of it. I will upload it later. I would love to name the system. I also found a water-gas giant within 100ls-200ls of a star that had water based life.

Update:

I have uploaded the pics of before mentioned systems. check them out and tell me what you think.

Sadly its not that uncommon to be honest. I've seen stars that are actually in contact with each, true contact binaries, there are a lot of them in the game. So not really unique enough to add as a point of interest. But the water-gas giant with life is much rarer so can be added to the index of minor POIs. Think of an appropriate name for that world. :cool:

Last edited:
This is pretty great. You could probably start a wiki to showcase all this galactic data, help it get bigger than a forum thread. I'd like to see just how many wonders we can fill it with.

These all seem to be links rather than images:
Oceana
The String
The Twins
The Norma Expanse
Annihilator Nursery
Hypio Orb Nebula (this one also is a map rather than an image of the sector, was this intended?)
Open Cluster

These all seem to be links rather than images:
Oceana
The String
The Twins
The Norma Expanse
Annihilator Nursery
Hypio Orb Nebula (this one also is a map rather than an image of the sector, was this intended?)
Open Cluster

That's strange. I checked all the images on two different browsers and a tablet and they all seem fine. Oceana is indeed a link to the imgr.com screenshot host site, but all the others pop up as images if I click on the spoiler tags.

Not sure what the issue is.

Wonder if anyone else has issues seeing the screenshots?

Just FYI I'm going along the Norma Arm (anyone else?) I'll let you know if I come across anything interesting along the way :)

That's strange. I checked all the images on two different browsers and a tablet and they all seem fine. Oceana is indeed a link to the imgr.com screenshot host site, but all the others pop up as images if I click on the spoiler tags.

Not sure, I'm using a standard desktop computer with google chrome.

Harbinger

Volunteer Moderator
Shapley 1 (surrounded by the Fine Ring Nebula)
Game map search ref. : SHAPLEY 1
Wolf-Rayet Star 1,000 LYs from Sol.
POI Type: Major (Visual)

I visited this system a few weeks back. Here is the system map if you want to use it in the OP:

68vSj10.jpg

9wRwHDe.jpg

HIP 102082.jpg

HIP 102082 (A 1-2).jpg

In the local area, I think HIP 102082 may be the closest Carbon Star? Of note, are the closest two planets which are insanely close to the star. The star itself is very large as well. Though I don't have a good name for it.
Y Canum Venaticorum (La Superba) and R Leporis (Hind's Crimson Star) are also already named Carbon stars in the local area. Both are known for having a very strong red color IRL, though I haven't visited them in game, yet.

"Oochorrs Lighthouse" (Named after the sector area it is in)

HD 43193 - In a rather sparse area it has a primary class B star with a Black hole 800ls away, another 14k ls away is the true show of a binary neutron star pair about 5ls apart.

HD 43193 (C-D).jpg

HD 43193.jpg

Curiously one Neutron is 4.8 Million K cooler than the other.

Last edited:
I visited this system a few weeks back. Here is the system map if you want to use it in the OP:

Thanks Harbringer. I actually already had a nice external shot of Shapley 1 from around 20LYs away that I'd forgot to use, so thanks for reminding me!

In the local area, I think HIP 102082 may be the closest Carbon Star? Of note, are the closest two planets which are insanely close to the star. The star itself is very large as well. Though I don't have a good name for it.
Y Canum Venaticorum (La Superba) and R Leporis (Hind's Crimson Star) are also already named Carbon stars in the local area. Both are known for having a very strong red color IRL, though I haven't visited them in game, yet.

"Oochorrs Lighthouse" (Named after the sector area it is in)

HD 43193 - In a rather sparse area it has a primary class B star with a Black hole 800ls away, another 14k ls away is the true show of a binary neutron star pair about 5ls apart.

Curiously one Neutron is 4.8 Million K cooler than the other.

Nice find Thalkran. "Oochorrs Lighthouse" added as reference point #7.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator

I'm also having issues with some of them, including my own one :) When I upload images I put the Huge Thumbnail link from imgur in and then highlight that and make it a hyperlink to the original size image. Not sure if that makes any kind of difference. All of the others I'm having trouble with are showing as Attachments.

Oceana
The Orio-Persean String
The Twins
Oochorrs Lighthouse
Annihilator Stellar Nursery
Hypio Orb Nebula

Google Chrome, and I'm always logged in ;)

Excellent idea ! NGC 7822 needs to be in this list.

It has about 50 systems with O-type stars, black holes, binary black holes and lots of stars in the same system (max I've found is 17 stars and I've only scanned half the systems in the nebula).

Plus the approach to it is very cool, looks like a star with a halo from very far, and resolves to a beautiful nebula with a band of bright blue stars as you approach. I'll post a few pics tonight.

Last edited:

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Actually looking at mine if you just put the
tags around it, it should show just the thumbnail. Or if you copy everything between the spoiler tags, when you quote my post, it should allow the expandable image.

Excellent idea ! NGC 7822 needs to be in this list.

It has about 50 systems with O-type stars, black holes, binary black holes and lots of stars in the same system (max I've found is 17 stars and I've only scanned half the systems in the nebula).

Plus the approach to it is very cool, looks like a star with a halo from very far, and resolves to a beautiful nebula with a band of bright blue stars as you approach. I'll post a few pics tonight.

There is already a vague reference to NGC 7822 under the Sadr Region POI. There's a lot of interesting places within a few hundred LYs of Sadr, too many to label on the map so they all come under the Sadr Region reference point. But I'll add the screenshots you provide as a subheading under the Sadr entry.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Actually looking at mine if you just put the tags around it, it should show just the thumbnail. Or if you copy everything between the spoiler tags, when you quote my post, it should allow the expandable image.

I think I fixed that one now if you want to check. The others you listed are all screenshots that have been uploaded directly from the posters PCs to the Frontier hosting site, so for some reason they're only showing as links. The ones that are showing correctly and are visible without having to click on a link are hosted on external sites, like TinyPic, etc.

Top Bottom