The Galactic Mapping Project & Historical Archive of Exploration

Here's a screenshot of the Phiaanor Nebula (Dryao Aoscs FW-W e1-5865) which is missing (and requested)

I noticed here in EDSM that Phiaanor has no image and to reply to this thread.

Please consider this submission.

Thanks for these. Your images have now been added to Phiaanor. [up]

4b4CjDy.jpg

Last edited:
Map Update through post #3361

Added
* "Eye of the Gods" (Clooku FR-P c8-73) - pending trilateration of system
* "Ebony and Ivory": previously added
* "Pho Aoscs AA-A h1" was added as an "Other POI" under the name "Mount Aoscs". Proposed name "Summit" was already used as a POI name. This was added as "one of the highest ever reached as of Feburary 3305" due to the changing nature of these records.
* "V1343 Aquilae" - previously added
* "Mene Tekel" - previously added
* "Cumbuia Hypergiant" - previously added
* "Quantum Sea" - previously added
* "Four Forlorn Families" added
* posts #3353 and #3355 combined into "Bled and Bohinj" due to their close proximity and similar nature
* post #3311 was reconsidered and added since Mysterious POI are somewhat different than other POI. Added as "Crowther's Rest"

Not Added
#3327: Not enough information given to establish notability.
#3332: No picture. Not enough information given to establish notability.
#3349: Does not meet notability requirements
#3354: Does not meet notability requirements
#3357: Does not meet notability requirements

Updated

* "The Mighty" updated with photo from Maro-Val
* "Tharguanta" updated to "one of the largest known" instead of "the largest currently known"
* "Phiaanor Nebula" updated with photos from multiple cmdrs
* "The Neutron Nebula" updated wih photo from Tornadopelt

* The following "record breaker at some particular time" POI have been changed from Other POI to Historical Location: Mariana, Nadir, Summit, Eminentem Sidus, Venture's Reach, Sunny Side Up, Descent
* Current record holder for lowest reached system, Eärendil, changed from Historical Location to Other POI
* Going forward, current record holders => Other POI, and previous record holders => Historical Location

* Planetary nebula near core consolidation: Froarks Planetary Nebula, Froarks Delta Golf , Froarks Echo Lima, Floarps Papa India merged into "Froarks nebula cluster"
* Planetary nebula near core consolidation: Oephaich Yankee Kilo, Oephaich Papa Oscar, Oephaich Lima Hotel merged into "Oephaich nebula cluster"

* "Kyloall Oddity" and "The Mysterious Light" changed to Historical Locations; the bug/feature that created the glowing gas giants was "fixed" in a recent update

Last edited:
Nice one thanks.

What does " pending trilateration of system"mean? Because I can't find my submission? (Eye of the gods)

Last edited:
Nice one thanks.

What does " pending trilateration of system"mean? Because I can't find my submission? (Eye of the gods)

A system in EDSM needs to have verified galactic coordinates. This can happen in one of two ways:

1) Running a tool which automatically submits your travel logs to EDSM. The coordinates are immediately entered.
2) Pilots manually submit distances from other systems to the new system. A minimum of 4 distances are needed, and sometimes more. This is called trilateration.

For obvious reasons it's much much better if everyone using EDSM would directly submit logs.

A system in EDSM needs to have verified galactic coordinates. This can happen in one of two ways:

1) Running a tool which automatically submits your travel logs to EDSM. The coordinates are immediately entered.
2) Pilots manually submit distances from other systems to the new system. A minimum of 4 distances are needed, and sometimes more. This is called trilateration.

For obvious reasons it's much much better if everyone using EDSM would directly submit logs.

I see, I'll have a look of I have it on log. I don't always have my laptop with me when I play. Thanks

Map Update through post #3361

Added

* "Pho Aoscs AA-A h1" was added as an "Other POI" under the name "Mount Aoscs". Proposed name "Summit" was already used as a POI name. This was added as "one of the highest ever reached as of Feburary 3305" due to the changing nature of these records.

I know I am not alone in feeling this way with regards to high and low systems, but I think there are two distinct categories here. Ones that a pilot can legitimately reach and return from to sell the data, and those which are one way trips. I think entries should specify which type of system it is.

I know I am not alone in feeling this way with regards to high and low systems, but I think there are two distinct categories here. Ones that a pilot can legitimately reach and return from to sell the data, and those which are one way trips. I think entries should specify which type of system it is.
Just seen this and I agree with you. However, the system in question could be reached and returned from. Maybe not with current engineering but certainly with legacy modules, eg my current loadout has 83.94 LY max range. But this system isn't actually a record in either category.

Dryee Free AA-A h4 (+3299) can be returned from. IIRC, 80 LY is sufficient range.

Systeia Free AA-A h2 (+3450) is the highest reachable with a one-way trip. Not sure about range required.

Just seen this and I agree with you. However, the system in question could be reached and returned from. Maybe not with current engineering but certainly with legacy modules, eg my current loadout has 83.94 LY max range. But this system isn't actually a record in either category.

Dryee Free AA-A h4 (+3299) can be returned from. IIRC, 80 LY is sufficient range.

Systeia Free AA-A h2 (+3450) is the highest reachable with a one-way trip. Not sure about range required.

Ah, that's what I get for not doing my research. I saw that the highest point on this thread and EDSM that didn't use the double neutron injection was Systae Free AA-A h1, so I assumed that that was the highest currently reachable point. I know you're the guru of the galactic limits, do you have a thread or a spreadsheet for the current highest and lowest reachable? I'll gladly go searching some more for a higher reachable system, assuming all options haven't been exhausted.

Last edited:

So when did you reach Dryee Free AA-A h4? There is no date recorded for the system in EDSM.

Ah, that's what I get for not doing my research. I saw that the highest point on this thread and EDSM that didn't use the double neutron injection was Systae Free AA-A h1, so I assumed that that was the highest currently reachable point. I know you're the guru of the galactic limits, do you have a thread or a spreadsheet for the current highest and lowest reachable? I'll gladly go searching some more for a higher reachable system, assuming all options haven't been exhausted.
CMDR Taen and I independently mapped the upper and lower reaches of the core region by comprehensive search of the galaxy map. I think we are almost certain that there is nowhere further reachable in absolute terms (i.e. one way trips). Looking for more is most likely going to be a fruitless task. Of course, that doesn't mean you can't find more fun places to visit!
So when did you reach Dryee Free AA-A h4? There is no date recorded for the system in EDSM.
This cropped up over the course of our research - I don't know the exact date but it was before last September.

Well now that the story is out; I’ve been waiting on Taen to choose a name for the system so we can add it as a POI and record.

Also for why we have to make these “one of the highest” in descriptions.

As for one way vs returnable, we haven’t distinguished in the past, as long as it was a legitimate method. Double-boost records are still in there. I feel like keeping track of these records and the caveats on them might be a job for someone else. Any takers?

Well now that the story is out; I’ve been waiting on Taen to choose a name for the system so we can add it as a POI and record.

Also for why we have to make these “one of the highest” in descriptions.

As for one way vs returnable, we haven’t distinguished in the past, as long as it was a legitimate method. Double-boost records are still in there. I feel like keeping track of these records and the caveats on them might be a job for someone else. Any takers?

Why not Höchstgrenze which is german for "upper limit"? Or Finis Superioris which is the same but in latin.

Cmdr Corbin Moran kindly suggested i should submit my newly discovered ELW moon for the Galactic Mapping Project.

Details

System: DRYOEA FLYI II-S E4-6870

Description: ELW moon orbiting a lava planet in a system with a single Neutron Star. The NS is the center star of a planetary nebula with the same name

Screenshots:

Original thread: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...eutron-Star-in-a-nebula?p=5554767#post5554767

I just got there and there is 2 Lagrange clouds close to ELW, with K-12 Anomalies and Mettalic Crystals and Spheres.
Also There are 15 Tubers sites on 3AA.

Last edited:
Removed

* XTE J1818-245 - object does not meet any notability criteria (description actually described it as "most boring place in the galaxy"!)
* XTE PSR J1810-197 - "No data" legacy entry. Body information for system shows nothing of any interest.

Last edited:
Top Bottom