The Galactic Mapping Project & Historical Archive of Exploration

Hey @Erimus Kamzel !! First time posting over here. Love the Mapping project and the EDSM map allowed me and my friend to see a lot of cool stuff !!
Now that the Lemon Slice Nebulae is accessible via carrier; how about adding it to the map as an entry ? The description could also have the route to get to it, it's pretty rough.

For anyone interested, Lemon Slice Nebula (system name is BD+83 357) is now accessible via carrier when taking this route :
  • HIP 17504
  • HIP 21636
  • HIP 38725
  • HIP 54867
  • HIP 63885
  • Lemon Slice Nebula (BD+83 357)
I will be going there tomorrow. If you need some screenshots, I'll be sure to give em. Apparently there's already a carrier there.

Apparently since the patch, all the FC have changed their IDs.

DSSA Bougainville ID updated.

Please forward new FC IDs from DSSA for update.

Last edited:
Here's my first ever entry !! Now that Lemon Slice is accessible, it deserves it's entry in the map ! See it below... And apparently I wasn't first, I crossed the path of another fleet carrier. They mapped everything already, congrats to @HarrisonSould , Fenrir_Exlibris, Ddenikin, Kesy, Lyxavier.
Name:Lemon Slice Nebula
Game map search ref:BD+83 357
Description:This orange planetary nebula, hosting an orange giant, was discovered by the Hubble Telescope and dubbed "Lemon Slice" due to it's orange color taken by the human telescope. Following the discovery of the FSD, explorers still were not able to access the nebula, which is located more than 2500 light years above the galactic plane.
Following the construction and availability of Drake Class ships, allowing a way more confortable jump range than those of the smaller class of ships, the nebula became accessible via a carefully plotted route.

This route is only accessible with a Fleet Carrier, and is as follows :
  • HIP 17504
  • HIP 21636
  • HIP 38725
  • HIP 54867
  • HIP 63885
  • Lemon Slice Nebula (BD+83 357)
The system contains a few planets, with some landable ones. On your way up, you will come across HIP 54867, a system with an unnobstructed view to the universe, not hidden by the black galactic fog. This will allow you to see the galactic core and neighbouring galaxies as clearly and as brightly as possible, making the climb unforgettable. You can also take a look at nebulas you might have visited in the past from above.
Screenshot reference:Some pictures on this imgur album Source: https://imgur.com/a/VyfmNyO
or see below :
20200618000722_1.jpg

Above : The Nebula from it's closest system, HIP 63885, 354ly away.
-----
20200618001932_1.jpg

Above : Focus on the galactic plane and core with a view of the giant star of the nebula.
----
20200618001942_1.jpg

Above : Focus on the bubble & its neighbouring nebulas
EDIT : Might have overlooked it. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...ng-project-expedition-hub.116450/post-8515237 has already been posted; feel free to ignore this or use the screenshots to compliment the previous entry.

Last edited:
Carrier’s Insignia:
RGlcQOR2I5NLALHTT55HUTHJhJHxA2vx0cLy9dkXXuzUAiYbN5xPPqy1QE29PDUzl4L7UBaRjshQ1kus9uP75qhbfavAvVP0OToV2fMsuSykfACT5oNGPlEGD0lDVk5a8F4pycd3
Carrier Name:DSSA[TFGI]KITTY CORNER
Carrier Class:Nautilus Class
Designated Region:Dryman Point
System:DROETT XD-T D3-22
Commission Date (date signed up to the DSSA):April 27th 3306
Carrier Construction Date:June 9th 3306
Construction Location:Panoi - Garen Hub
Maiden Jump(s):Othime-The Forgotten Initiative Home system 9 June 3306
In-service Date (date the vessel began its DSSA service):June 15th 3306
Services Available:Repair, Refuel, Armory, Shipyard, Outfitting, Universal Cartographics, Secure Warehouse, Redemption Office
Tariff % Set:0%
Commodities Bought/Sold on Carrier:A dash of kindness
Nearest Tritium Hotspot:In System just where the Carrier Park DROETT XD-T D3-22
Carrier Info (optional):DSSA[TFGI] KITTY CORNER is one of the 4 carrier in Dryman point, being the last carrier toward the turning point of Tenbrae Hook.

A monument dedicated to all deep space explorers who have visited the outer rim, past, present, and future.

(At least for the next 6 years)
Screenshot:
mvsRK8rE7Y6elQVuU95kzJNhhvtmSQIU1ulOM21Uu8jp1OdoEXRU-ckjv6F2Xx-hLcsctmXeWdOuMId7LZSobGGRYncKwbnmmY91CHauAwQDlTiD8uxOaq1DEKD7LLX0DMZ7UDYy
G1KMvj1QrWOudbUx_6dRh5lhfxdbUUNwuNtTeToMZclBulhHYU5sFYjxIqMl4zNqpVpHEEV-05rq5kgp5v9jgM7Ke-em2LckcIUE7YuIIu1z12PKh6_awbWYU17Iq-l0dzP9S_zN
OlcC1Tvu4Nmw-pN1bZX9NOisFmnzw925HHTZEHr9elZC3VP2nwXp1_ymVkVZgoN_pjDr77o7i9MWXDy6hnDATTvF0D6hFywD7Y9HxOnbZW9Ttw_0w5E8BsHEaKYAYR4_vLifKIba

Carrier’s Insignia:
RGlcQOR2I5NLALHTT55HUTHJhJHxA2vx0cLy9dkXXuzUAiYbN5xPPqy1QE29PDUzl4L7UBaRjshQ1kus9uP75qhbfavAvVP0OToV2fMsuSykfACT5oNGPlEGD0lDVk5a8F4pycd3
Carrier Name:DSSA[TFGI]KITTY CORNER
Designated Region:Dryman Point
System:DROETT XD-T D3-22
Commission Date (date signed up to the DSSA):April 27th 3306
Construction Location:Panoi - Garen Hub
Maiden Jump(s):Othime-The Forgotten Initiative Home system 9 June 3306
In-service Date (date the vessel began its DSSA service):June 15th 3306
Services Available:Repair, Refuel, Armory, Shipyard, Outfitting, Universal Cartographics, Secure Warehouse, Redemption Office
Tariff % Set:0%
Commodities Bought/Sold on Carrier:A dash of kindness
Nearest Tritium Hotspot:In System just where the Carrier Park DROETT XD-T D3-22
Carrier Info (optional):DSSA[TFGI] KITTY CORNER is one of the 4 carrier in Dryman point, being the last carrier toward the turning point of Tenbrae Hook.

A monument dedicated to all deep space explorers who have visited the outer rim, past, present, and future.

(At least for the next 6 years)
Screenshot:
mvsRK8rE7Y6elQVuU95kzJNhhvtmSQIU1ulOM21Uu8jp1OdoEXRU-ckjv6F2Xx-hLcsctmXeWdOuMId7LZSobGGRYncKwbnmmY91CHauAwQDlTiD8uxOaq1DEKD7LLX0DMZ7UDYy
G1KMvj1QrWOudbUx_6dRh5lhfxdbUUNwuNtTeToMZclBulhHYU5sFYjxIqMl4zNqpVpHEEV-05rq5kgp5v9jgM7Ke-em2LckcIUE7YuIIu1z12PKh6_awbWYU17Iq-l0dzP9S_zN
OlcC1Tvu4Nmw-pN1bZX9NOisFmnzw925HHTZEHr9elZC3VP2nwXp1_ymVkVZgoN_pjDr77o7i9MWXDy6hnDATTvF0D6hFywD7Y9HxOnbZW9Ttw_0w5E8BsHEaKYAYR4_vLifKIba

This has now been added (y)

Carrier's Insignia
dssa_nova_blues_insignia.png
Carrier Name:DSSA Nova Blues
Designated Region:Arcadian Stream
System:Eord Prau ZK-N d7-711
Commission Date (date signed up to the DSSA):April 22nd, 3306
Carrier Construction Date:June 10th, 3306
Construction Location:Agartha
Maiden Jump(s):Scorpius Dark Region WU-O b6-3
In-service Date (date the vessel began its DSSA service):June 13th, 3306
Services Available:Armory, Repair, Universal Cartographics
Tariff % Set:5%
Commodities Bought/Sold on Carrier: None
Nearest Tritium Hotspot:Unknown
Carrier Info (optional):The DSSA Nova Blues offers safe harbor for all explorers near the southern Arcadian Stream.

Immediately nearby its home system is the Eord Prau Nebula, taking up a sizeable portion of the viewable sky. Also nearby is the Button Nebula, the unique remnants of a supernova explosion with a black hole at its center.

Explorers can reach Sagittarius A* and the Galactic Center from the carrier in about an hour with a 60Ly FSD and the Neutron Superhighway.
Screenshot:
dssa_nova_blues.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 240115

D
@Erimus Kamzel

As per your response in the DSSA thread, here's the info for Deep Space 27:
Since carrier insignias are optional, I'll provide one at a later date. DS 12 was the first carrier signed up for The Outer Arm region, and should be the primary POI.
Also, if you need CMDR name, this FC is on my alt, Dr. Arroway https://inara.cz/cmdr-fleetcarrier/197411/188136/

Thanks!

Carrier’s Insignia:
ds-27-logo.png
Carrier Name:[IGAU] Deep Space 27
Designated Region:Outer Arm
System:eishoqs qm-j c10-1
Commission Date (date signed up to the DSSA):April 3rd 3306
Construction Location:Jackson Ring, CD-47 990
Maiden Jump(s):101 Tauri (June 9th 3306)
In-service Date (date the vessel began its DSSA service):June 19th, 3306
Services Available:Repair, Armory, Universal Cartographics
Tariff % Set:100%
Commodities Bought/Sold on Carrier:None
Nearest Tritium Hotspot:Eishoqs LA-R b21-0 2 (Double Hotspot)
Carrier Info (optional):[IGAU] Deep Space 27 is one of several fleet carriers assigned to regions across the galaxy by the Intergalactic Astronomical Union [IGAU].
DS 27's sister ship, Deep Space 12 is deployed on the other side of the galactic core, within The Veils region.

As part of DS 27's mission, she participates in the DSSA network, and provides vital services to explorers.
Screenshot:
i1rIEi1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
@Erimus Kamzel

As per your response in the DSSA thread, here's the info for Deep Space 27:
Since carrier insignias are optional, I'll provide one at a later date. DS 12 was the first carrier signed up for The Outer Arm region, and should be the primary POI.
Also, if you need CMDR name, this FC is on my alt, Dr. Arroway https://inara.cz/cmdr-fleetcarrier/197411/188136/

Thanks!

Carrier’s Insignia:

TBD / WIP
Carrier Name:[IGAU] Deep Space 27
System:eishoqs qm-j c10-1
Nearest Tritium Hotspot:Unknown at this time
Carrier Info (optional):[IGAU] Deep Space 27 is one of several fleet carriers assigned to regions across the galaxy by the Intergalactic Astronomical Union [IGAU].
DS 27's sister ship, Deep Space 12 is deployed on the other side of the galactic core, within The Veils region.

As part of DS 27's mission, she participates in the DSSA network, and provides vital services to explorers.
Screenshot:
i1rIEi1.png

What is the final destination system for the DSSA (Eishoqs QM-J C10-1 or Eishorps DW-V d2-1)?

Deleted member 240115

D
Carrier’s Insignia:

ds-12-logo.png
Carrier Name:[IGAU] Deep Space 12
System:Flyoo Prao JC-B d1-5
Nearest Tritium Hotspot:Flyoo Prao FC-X c4-0 A 4
Carrier Info (optional):[IGAU] Deep Space 12 is one of several fleet carriers assigned to regions across the galaxy by the Intergalactic Astronomical Union [IGAU].
DS 12's sister ship, Deep Space 27 is deployed on the other side of the galactic core, within The Outer Arm region.

As part of DS 12's mission, she participates in the DSSA network, and provides vital services to explorers.
Screenshot:

QOwjmg6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Carrier’s Insignia:

Carrier Name:CCN Tranquility
Designated Region:Orion-Cygnus Arm
System:PHREIA FLYOU FG-V d3-116
Commission Date (date signed up to the DSSA):April 5th 3306
Carrier Construction Date:June 10th 3306
Construction Location:Colonia, Jaques
Maiden Jump(s):EOL PROU AW-M D7-109 (June 11th 3306)
In-service Date (date the vessel began its DSSA service):June 12th 3306
Services Available:Repair, Refuel, Armory, Shipyard, Outfitting, Universal Cartographics, Redemption Office
Tariff % Set:50%
Commodities Bought/Sold on Carrier:
Nearest Tritium Hotspot:PHREIA FLYOU AF-F B16-2 ABCD 1
PHREIA FLYOU LM-Q C7-5 BC 4
Carrier Info (optional):
Screenshot:

Rl248Ue.jpg

Top Bottom